for Alexandra Quick and the Lands Below

3/31/2016 c37 67ShirouHokuto
OH NO I WANTED TO LEAVE A GOOD SMART REVIEW BUT NOW I'M JUST DROWNING IN FEELINGS. MAX, NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. ;o; I LOVED HIM SO MUCH AND I AM SO BROKEN UP NOW. Another fantastic story, and I can't wait to read the next, and also I wish to give Alex a million hugs. ;o; AND CHARLIE ALSO, BECAUSE HE IS BEST BIRD.
3/28/2016 c1 xvector
Another mind-blowingly excellent story. You are my new benchmark for fanfiction. I have never read anything that could hope to come close to how well-written AQ has been, so far. Hell, it outdoes some of my favorite novels.
3/18/2016 c37 phasespace
I love how complex everything is in this series - the characters, the plot, the little nuances that make things seem more real and relatable. Very well written, obviously well thought out, and completely addicting. I find that I'm looking forward to reading the next book as much as I was anticipating JKR's books.

Well done on the cries, btw. I can't remember the last time I cried... oh, wait, it was earlier today, because of this story, and I don't regret it.
2/22/2016 c37 Guest
Loved it! On to the next one!
12/30/2015 c37 1Animekitty47
Now you've made me feel slightly guilty for not reviewing the first story. lol Well, either way, here's a review for you! Why didn't I review the first one, cuz for the first half I liked everyone except Alexandra. XP But somewhere around Dean Grimm threatening to punish her friends in her stead I started liking Alexandra too. Enough to keep reading the sequel, and it is much better! Poor Maxmillian, but I had a bad feeling about his chances of survival...well, it was a marvelous story. And I have two whole stories waiting for me! Oh, and Happy New Year to you! *reads on*
10/10/2015 c37 HXHXHarry
Have to say: this story is fantastic. The start of the second year was a bit slow, and it was a bit drudging, but it really picked up, and even though I want to cry because of Max... This is really amazing. The way you portray Alex's grief is so realistic, almost robotic. And it makes sense that she's been in denial for so long.

Also, I love your portrayal of different magics, since America had different native species and things. Fantastically canon-ical with very plausible additions: aka Alex's 'doggerel verse' when she needs a specific result but doesn't know the spell. What other wizard or witch would think of that? None that were wizard-world savvy, as the stigma would shun them away, and no normal muggle-born as they wouldn't really understand much about magic.

It's a bit hard to understand Constance and Forbearance and I wonder sometimes why the characters seem to inherently understand them. I grew up in a town of 300 people, and it was VERY country, but not backwater, and that lingo is so far beyond me, how can 13 year-olds understand it inherently? Just a little concrit
10/9/2015 c37 Sir Tiuri
This is so awesome but also so sad...I really Love this.
10/3/2015 c37 1avada-matata
Holy fuck no why not max please let there be a way to bring him back! Abraham thorn is such a jerk why would he do that

Btw this is probably my favorite fic series ever you should totally collaboration with JK and make it canon and print it and I would literally buy them all and within a week have them looking as worn out as my Harry Potter books
7/13/2015 c37 LongSelfindulgentReviews
Time for another stream of consciousness review. I'm making a habit of doing these because it's an actual fucking travesty that your stories aren't at the very top of the site. Before I started AQ I decided to read a story from the top reviewed HP fan fiction without knowing anything about it, and ended up reading Harry Crow, at least for the 26 chapters I could make it through without turning to drink. How can a story that bad and that poorly written be that high up, when your absolutely brilliant work is so relatively unknown? Life is not fair.

Anyway, the sequel! It actually reminded me a bit of Chamber of Secrets at the beginning, which is a bit of an insult because I consider CoS the weakest of the canon books. Let me try to put into words why. In CoS, all of the new parts of the setting feel so random, so frivolous, like everything that happens was invented just to be different than the first book. AQLB was never as bad as CoS, but the first 15 chapters elicited the same feeling from me. Of course, I don't like the second wheel of time book either, or the second ASoIaF book. Maybe I'm just a baby about second books in excellent series.

Either way, after the initial chapters, this story really blew me away. You took things in a marvelous direction, the character development was strong, the plot was interesting, and the ending! That was powerful stuff. No spoilers, but I was definitely listening to sad music ( watch?v49Gz0Jfp-jI) and feeling devastated. Poor Alexandra, I hope your next year goes a little better.

Speaking of the next year, I'm already preemptively devastated by the fact that there are only 4 Alexandra Quick books. Do you think maybe you could write a few more before I finish the next two? If it's not too much trouble. I should be done within the the week, so chop chop :)
7/4/2015 c37 linz
I am new to fan fiction. Alexandra quick series is just as riviting as the harry potter series! I am amazed that you craft such a delight for free! What I liked so much with the HP series is the wonderful 3 dimensional characters. AQ is filled with just as many. Excellent read. Thank you so much!
6/22/2015 c37 Enci
Max.

Everything hurts.

Wow that last few chapters were INTENSE
like I-couldn't-feel-my-left-thumb-cuz-i-was-sqeezing-the-phone-too-tightly-intense.
Whatever magic you utilized in your writing, I appreciate it since it's like watching a high budget TV shows(possibly better) - I can see the scenes so clearly in my mind. The Land Below was one creepy place. It kinda reminded me of the sixth book of the Narnia series.
Thank you for writing this story.
Thank you for sharing this story.
Thank you.
5/14/2015 c36 Jasmett
The first time I read this story I was so horribly upset. Why'd he have to go out like that? We only knew him a year! We didnt have near enough time with him. Now that I've read it a second time, I still think that lol.

This story was great and the series is amazing. I can't wait for the next one.
5/6/2015 c37 She Who Knows
Maybe I am just in a sensitive mood, or maybe it is because I usually get upset when young men die, but Max's death really really hit me. AND I knnnneeewwww it was going to happen because I saw a post about it someplace. But still, I was affected. So, slow clap to you because a big part of that is writing and damn did you write. Do you think Alexandra is a ISTP? It is crazy how young she is but you are handling that really well, I never feel like she is acting contrary to her age or position in life. Time will tell how you pull her through the adventures of puberty! Please keep writing, you have created an wonderful character that has truly become part of my view of the fandom. She and the world fit in so well and I love having my country pulled into wizarding life more explicitly than JKR was able to provide. Gracias!
5/1/2015 c12 colormeconfused
Okay this is both a relief and a disappointment. I kinda wanted them to become lovers... Like I know he is to old! But only at this stage... they would be perfect for each other when she was 20 and he 25, four years is nothing but she would needed to have grown up and everything. So I could totes have seen them meeting up around then (I thought he liked her at this point but was creeping himself out about it since she is so young and that's why he was showing wizard angst lmao) . But them being sibs is also such a relief! and still adorable since he was such a bully taking care of her and they already acted like siblings.
4/30/2015 c37 2steeltoedsandal
I'm crying. 23 year old man bawling his eyes out here. Nice job. I love the story but damn this hits really close to home.
928 « Prev Page 1 .. 4 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 24 .. Last Next »