for A Christmas Carol for Scarlett O

1/20/2009 c6 1Boo26
Yay for the ending!

And I'm voting for TYL! ;)

Love Anna.
1/20/2009 c6 20bloodymary2
Oh, wonderful finale. Who cares if it was cheesy? We read - most of the time - to imerse ourselves into a reality different from ours and we like to believe in happy endings, even if the only real end comes with death. I loved it and I am glad that you have demanding friends. Thank you for this!

Now, real life does get in the way, right? I completely understand you. But, since writing is a hobby I most enjoy and reading good fics is a hobby I most LOVE, here I am pleading for more from you! Anything you deemed to write or any of your stories you feel like updating, I'm not picky. More, more, more!
1/20/2009 c6 50PrincessAlica
I love it, I love it, I love it...

First off, it is so nice when read all together, not that I don't evnjoy it in snippet form.

I loved when Scarlett whispers to wade that if she could handle the Yankee army then she could handle ol Rhett.

I love the letter from Rhett's father, and the mention of the St. Cecelia. I loved the ending which you had been hiding from me... shame,... shame...

I really enjoyed all of it from start to finish. It was wonderfully done, truly wonderful.

And I love all of the cheesiness, I love the fact that Rhett believes her story as being more plausible than Scarlett chaning by her own volition. I think it rings true. I think everyone was in character, and yes I do think that Scarlett probably wouldn't have gotten pregnant again, I do like how you mention that. I think it adds extra believability.

I can't wait for you to get back to work on TYL and FTE...

You know that I think you are a wonderful writer, but it can't hurt to remind you once in a while.

O and I can't wait for MArietta!
1/20/2009 c6 2CCgwtw
It may have been a cheese fest, but it was still a very satisfying meal. Love your tie-in with the cufflinks and the stick pin. Very nice touch that pulls it all together. Also love your dialogue between Rhett and Scarlett. It is very engaging, easy to read and altogether enjoyable. Their repartee in all your stories is wonderful. As for which story I'd like to see updated next, FTE or TYL, hm, that's a toughie. I guess if one more chapter wraps up TYL, then I'd vote for that one. I am dying to find out what happens in FTE, but a little more anticipation won't hurt me.
1/20/2009 c6 18CaptScarlett
As I told someone once before, I love cheese! Corn too. I laughed, I cried, I frowned, I sighed happily. Great chapter to end an excellent story.

As for what to update, TYL has been neglected. Finish that and you can concentrate on the other one. (and btw, it's 2 *gasp* years for TYL, not one!)
1/9/2009 c5 Scrapper
Ha! You have to ask?

I enjoyed this very much. You caught the style of Dicken's story perfectly. Loved the character of George and Frank making him promise to look after Scarlett and the store for him. Was totally teary when I got to chapter 4 which is inconvenient if you are reading while at work. LOL. My guess is that ghost #2 was papa Butler.

Thanks for the great read. I hope Cassie is doing better now.
1/8/2009 c5 AS
I love "A Christmas Carol" and your rewrite of it to suit the Gone With the Wind character of Scarlett O'Hara. If there ever was a character in the fictional world that would be so suited to have a visit from the Dicken's ghosts Scarlett is it. Though I must confess that a part of me wants to see if Rhett came back. So, if your ever inspired to write that next part you mentioned at the end of chapter five, know that at least one person is looking forward to it!
1/5/2009 c5 leias girl
Seriously? You have to ask? Yes, another chapter would be greatly appreciated. I would love to see Rhett's reaction to the changed Scarlett and how or, to what extent, they reconcile.
1/3/2009 c5 Indy's Lady
Rhett please!

I can't believe you didn't add him in.

The story doesn't feel finished.

-IL.
1/3/2009 c5 3ceciilee
What about Rhet? I thought he would arrive while they were in the kitchen with the children. I think he would have like seeing her being kind to them and being simple.
1/3/2009 c5 15bethamphetamine
I really enjoyed this! You captured the GWTW flavour, gave some great backstory (especially the ham/mutton incident!) and developed the original characters really well. I do love a good crossover.

My only tip would be to polish up some errant punctuation but that's only because I'm finicky like that. Great work.
1/3/2009 c5 magicisagift
What happened to Rhett?
1/2/2009 c5 Liz
Oh please give us the tall dark stranger - I love this too much for it to end there?
1/2/2009 c1 9Tipperose
I just finished the first chapter and I love it! I love the whole premise of it. What a wonderful and creative way to bring Scarlett to Christmas. I can't wait to read more.
1/2/2009 c5 19gypsymuse
This is absolutely perfect as it stands, and a nicer ending I couldn't have asked for.

But I will anyway. I'd LOVE to see another chapter!
111 « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 .. Last Next »