for Darkest

6/14/2010 c2 14RoxanneReluisant
Brilliant.

After getting so many wonderful reviews from you, I visited your profile page and started reading.

I love this story. Very well-written, and it completely captures Remus.

I don't know if you can tell this from my fics, but Remus is my favorite character OF ALL TIME (except maybe Neville but I'd never know what to write about with him) and I'm always angry when people don't seem to GET him.

You however, have really put him in the right place.

I'll admit that I'd already written a note down in my outline for 9 Years that says "Remus loses one parent, 7th year?" along with my several hundred other chapter ideas that are haphazardly strewn on my outline (really, it's shameful my inability to create a proper outline for a simple story), so I hope you won't accuse me of anything untoward if a few scenes SOMEWHAT similar to your beautiful little fic end up thrown in there. I do tend to take inspiration from other stories I've read that were really good, so you should kind of take it as a sign of flattery? In any case I was thinking of using his mum.

(Must stop that topic of conversation before I spoil my story for you and you stop reading it and leaving me lovely reviews)

Thank you for allowing me to take a break from 9 Years to read your amazing little story. =D
12/24/2008 c2 25MopCat
I really loved the part about Remus' hands.. how they kept moving even though he seemed almost at ease..

Loved both chapters.. they were amazing.
12/19/2008 c2 54nairiefairie
bril's! i loved loved it!
12/16/2008 c2 19Trapped in Icy Flame
Sometimes there is nothing to be said.

Well done doll
12/15/2008 c2 42Bottlebrush
Remus really should not have arranged the funeral for the day of the full moon, it’s as if he made things as hard for himself as he could. You have some wonderful phrases and images in this story – “his fingers tugging and twining with one another, turning over and over in a twisting dance of awkwardness in Remus’s lap”; “the polished mansion of Sirius’s former family”; “drowning in a sea of condolences” – beautiful writing. And I especially like the description of Sirius looking at the photographs, and Sirius’s emotions as he remembers. And in the end, he gets it right, because he is wiser than he knows. A very perceptive story.
12/11/2008 c2 19LoquaciousGirl
This was so sad yet so adorable at the same time.
12/11/2008 c2 Evildevilangel
Oh. So sad. Poor Sirius. Poor Moony too, of course. So sad.
12/9/2008 c1 42Bottlebrush
Good stuff here: the explanation of the distinction between Hogwarts magic and the old magic, and how Remus is involuntarily affected by the latter. I like the way you’ve written him, the logical rational wizard bound to the old chaotic magic by the curse of lycanthropy. It gives him intuitive warnings which are useless because he does not know what they mean and there is nothing he can do about them anyway. A nice touch, having a raven instead of an owl bring him the news of his father’s death. And then – that is so lifelike and real, busying himself with packing, actions to keep thoughts at bay, worrying about irrelevancies like homework. It’s perfectly convincing that that is how he would be. Sirius too: wanting to help but not knowing what to do. Because really there is nothing to be done. All very well done in character, good writing too.
12/7/2008 c1 1BLAHBLOT
Awesome. You had just the right balance between description and dialogue, and I absolutely loved the idea of the older magic. YAY!

...Poor Moony.
12/7/2008 c1 19Trapped in Icy Flame
So, I keep clicking where the review this story used to be. And it keeps not working. Which annoys me.

Its sad. But its pretty. Very nice darling.
12/7/2008 c1 Evildevilangel
Aw. *snuggles* Sad, but also very good and Moony-like.