for A Highschool Girl in the Scarlet Pimpernel's World

2/11/2009 c8 47Baroness Emma
That. . .

Was great.

It flowed really, really well! I didn't even go "huh?" when it became clear the Jen's adventure was pre-TSP reconciliation. It all just made perfect sense.

Percy is great, and Jen's changes of opinion about clothes just made me grin. Having been in a properly fastened corset myself a few times, I can attest that they are not uncomfortable, and if worn with a dress that is well made, they can be GORGEOUS!

Oh, and as for -

“Oh my gosh?” Jen replied. The girls giggled again.

“That is simply the funniest phrase ever!” one of the girls said. “What does it mean?”

“It means, um, that I’m shocked, I guess.”

“We must all learn it!”

Well, there's really only one thing I have to say.

OMG!

XD

Truly, this was fun! Don't worry about it not being super-over-the-top funny, because it was a real story, with real characters, and no one real is hilariously funny ALL the time. The interludes of personal interaction just made it better, and Jen's transformation made it a joy.

Long live the Scarlet Pimpernel! (and that has nothing to do with zits!)
1/11/2009 c5 Baroness Emma
To be quite honest, I was not expecting to like this very much. This level of AU does not, in my opinion, usually have much of an evocative plot. I've read a few others and they're either completely limp time/history parody, or an excuse for a modern girl to flirt with Sir Percy.

Wow, did you manage to change my whole vision of a cross century AU!

This is truly great! I was both laughing and interested. Jen remains in character and everyone is weirded out or truly offended by her - except Percy, of course, who ALSO manages to stay in character. And dearest Chau Chau is spot on.

I actually can't wait to see what happens, and how Jen gets back to her own time - if she does - and if Zach actually reads "The Zit Book" or if Jen's disappearance has any effect on her own time.

Please write more, this is truly entertaining.
1/9/2009 c5 Empress of Irony
Great job! I love this story, as well as the fact that you write well and use proper grammer! Can't wait to find out what Percy thinks of his new rescuee. Keep it up!
12/22/2008 c3 14Pimpernel Princess
I love their plan! Chau-chau is so evil (and in character). Hehehe. Jen's sarcasm is great too. I understand about not giving the random French offical a name. You could have just called him Rossepiere, but poor Rossie is used far too often in SP ff these days. ;) As always, I cannot wait for more! Happy writing!
12/19/2008 c2 Pimpernel Princess
I was so happy to see a new SP story posted! I appreciate the fact that you check all of your grammar/spelling/punctuation so thoroughly. The "Scarlet Pimple" jokes are also great. Jen's thoughts about SP being a lame book are so true to life-people are often wary of it until they read it. "Omygosh, you chopped his head off!" -hilarious. Please update! I can't wait to see where the story goes next.
20 « Prev Page 1 2