FanFiction.Net
for On the Way to Greatness

12h c1 TheGamingPie
Just loved all the characters and their dynamics, the import detail without too much rambling. The nuance and complexity made it an excellent read.
4/6 c4 Guest
Onde está está a tal grandeza? Não vi nada dessa coisa, a única coisa que realmente vi foi ele se ferrar em tudo e nada de grandioso, conto realmente hipócrita.
3/26 c21 deborahstoops24
fantastic.!
3/14 c21 maiqsmail
Great story. Slytherin!Harry but not at odds with Dumbles, or with Snape agonizing about "Lily's son"/Severitus. Grey!Harry but In Character. Things somewhat close to canon but not a senseless rehash. Relatively powerful! Harry but still gets realistically mopped by Voldi and Dumbles both thanks to their decades of experience. Even Sluggy going into witness protection. (Because I sure hope he actually got out, there was no definitive confirmation). And the whole story fits together so well. This is really well done. I guess it was cut off and discontinued after year 6 because author's perfectionism? Because it's sure as hell gonna be hard to beat this quality standard while going out into much bigger world of hot phase of second blood war, and treasure hunt, and reaching an age of majority and going out into big politics instead of doing it in off-time after school lessons. I'd still would prefer a continuation, but understandable nevertheless.
Thanks for the story.
3/8 c13 maiqsmail
Bullshit. Lucius is not a ministry lackey that could be sent to escort a visitor. Harry saw him at the graveyard in death eater paraphernalia, why would he agree to go? Stop setting MC onto canon rails. So many original fanfics, and it's canon re-hash every fricking time. MC could be Girl-Who-Lived, get sorted into Ravenclaw, have a rival in Hermione and then when the time comes it's always the bloody same milestones, no matter how AU the universe is, always fighting basilisk in the Chamber, always going through 3WT willingly and so on. Fucking enough.
3/8 c12 maiqsmail
Great job on Weasleys. Not polarising them like in other fanfics, where they're either insufferable brats or best-mates-for-life, depending on protagonist. These ones here are just realistic.
3/8 c10 maiqsmail
Great resolution of 3wt. I like how realistically Harry ate the AK in the duel instead of that Deus ex machina of "brother" wands and shiet.
3/8 c21 Gabznz
I've just reread this and, my god, it is good. So complex and nuanced and so, so good. Thank you!
I know it must take so much time and effort to produce such an amazing story and I'm grateful you have. If it never gets updated then I'll still be happy with what I've read. However, if the muse comes back I'd love to read more.
3/7 c6 maiqsmail
All very valid questions from Harry to Lupin. It always surprised me how canon!Harry never, not even once, asked him anything like "where have you been for a decade, you know I could've used you instead of Dursleys". Of course it was this way because he got written only at the PoA, same as horcruxes business only appeared as late as in HBP.
3/7 c4 maiqsmail
Great chapter except a small detail, one cannot "slam a door" to Slytherin common room, it's physically impossible because it's neither a door, nor does it have a door handle, it's a charmed stretch of a stone wall.
3/7 c1 maiqsmail
Published in 2008, last updated in 2021, still not finished in those 13 years. What the hell happened here?
2/22 c21 Dr. Valentine
Dang, really unfortunate you stopped here, since there would have been just a year left, but it was also the best point to stop if any. Hopefully one day you return to this.
2/22 c12 Dr. Valentine
I like how despite Ron and Harry not being friends or even friendly, you didn't turn Ron into a joke or even bash him. He's still very much Ron, and still very much a human.
2/22 c10 Dr. Valentine
How very Slytherin of him, to project a false persona and use their trust and admiration for his own good.
2/11 c21 7Nock and Bolt
This has been in my favorites and follows for years, just reread the whole thing again because it’s so ridiculously good and captivating like legit I binged this fic so hard and lost so much sleep lol it’s not even funny—I definitely understand life be life, but it’d make my and many others’ absolute year if you finished this story, and we’ll be here in case you ever do update. If not, this was still a fantastic story and it’s nice it does end with something of an ‘ending’ (at least to 6th year) with some semblance of closure. Seriously, though, my dude, a supremely impeccable well done on this story.
4,389 Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »