FanFiction.Net
for On the Way to Greatness

12/9/2023 c9 Clover
Oh that last comment was me btw :)
12/9/2023 c9 Guest
OMG!
it's so sad that the press made them unable to hang out
Thank you for not killing Cedric!
I love how you deal with the map as well, it usually is such a plot hole!
And that confrontation in the classroom :0 terrifying!
I love how Harry being a Slytherin has him act differently (bring the cloak, duel Cedric, etc.)
THIS though, is a huge divergence and I am shaking in my boots!
12/8/2023 c21 Nicolene B
Really enjoying this. looking forward to the rest of this :D
12/7/2023 c8 Clover
Also! Harry hurting the dragon hurt my heart. And scary world building with the werewolves. It is so like wizards to use people as the monsters in their games (shudder). Oh! and him losing his broom but buying the firebolt himself /3 makes so much sense but :,( GIVE SIRIUS A CHANCE TO SHOW HE LOVES YOU HARRY! - although I was struck by the terrible thought that Sirius didn't buy him a gift last year :,( does he not love Harry as much because he's in Slytherin? /3. Also on heartbreak: in Ch3, when Harry "wondered distantly what it would feel like to be fussed over like that" ow. so good. but so painful. He needs parental figures so bad :,(. OH! and him thinking "I'll drink to that" about "Moody"'s lie... ooh the irony is delicious!
12/7/2023 c8 Clover
OMG LUNA! I'm so happy to see Harry looking out for her :'). And I love Millie. And Fleur making up lies and wanting to stab Davies! The little romance with Padma is very entertaining. I don't know how I feel about her rn, she is very fun, but it seems like she doesn't like Luna and Hermione :(. Harry is a bit weird about money/ bad at flirting lmao. I mean he is 14 XD. I wish you'd shown him asking her to the dance! Did he confess he has a crush on her or ...? I loved the plot to read the map at dinner. Everything is just so exciting!
12/7/2023 c7 Clover
I have suddenly been struck with regret that I haven't left a comment for each chapter. I will try to write all I want to say here to make up for the missed chapters.

I really love this fic. I just started reading it yesterday night, it is so cool to be able to read fic posted so long ago, the internet has some perks :). It is also so cool (the chapters increasing according to year thing), I was a bit skeptical but you pace everything so well! It's amazing!

I LOVE how Harry and Sirius swear when they confront each other. It feels so much more real and raw. I love that Harry and Ron are 'enemies'? It's such a cool twist on canon. I love seeing how the Slytherins interact with Malfoy, it is so entertaining and well crafted. I love Neville and Harry's friendship. The gory nightmare was disturbing in just the right way. Overall, I really like how this fic toes the line of all these dark topics without getting to overwhelming. Poor Harry though, it is hard to see him so sharp in the places where he is kinder in canon (like with Dobby) though it makes perfect sense with the characterization you've developed. I also loved his angry feelings towards Remus and Sirius and Dumbledore, it's so different from canon but makes so much sense. I hope that gets explored more and he gets to talk it out. I love the line about the sofa only being Harry's until he's gone from the school.
I feel really bad for Hermione having to deal with all the blood purists. I really hope we get to see Blaise etc. etc. have a bit of a redemption arc wrt 'blood-purity', but my heart just hurts for Hermione having to withstand that, and without being backed up by Harry and Ron as she usually is. That must be even harder alone. I hope she makes some muggleborn friends too :'(. It's so sad to see how everyone is worn down by Slytherin power struggles. But also so interesting. I do get so mad at Harry for not saying something sometimes but it also makes sense with everything you wrote. I can't wait to see how it develops in the next chapters! I also love Harry having more friends, from more houses too! And their murder mystery plot! And Padma! And the Pythagoras debate! And all the stuff Harry doesn't know that he found out in canon, and all the stuff he didn't know in canon but found out here. It's so interesting! And Snape! omg! And Cedric! omg if you kill Cedric I WILL cry I'm warning you (but I bet if you do it will be really well done and cathartic). I love how this chapter ends! So excited to keep reading! :) Thank you so much for writing this and sharing it and to Gwendolyn. You make a good team :) This is awesome!
12/1/2023 c21 didyousaytim
Well constructed 6th year (and all prior)
- got diadem out of way
- Harry gor elder wand allegiance long time ago
with expelarmis on big D instead of Malfoy
- Phoenix still in play?
- shared fate with nagini and if he remembers
locket that Kreacher wents nuts over
11/27/2023 c21 je t'amour
Does anyone know if this story will be completed?
11/25/2023 c21 kolroling
This is amazing. I look forward to reading the last 7 chapters that are left. A gem of a fanfic this is.
11/17/2023 c12 ak
I am blown away at how good this story is - the plotting, the pacing, the characters. Thank you for writing!
11/16/2023 c3 ak
Ok, I'm new to this fic, not sure how I missed in back in the day. And I am really loving your writing.
11/10/2023 c21 1Lady Raspberry
I love this story. I have to admit that I started reading it out of boredom - I was in the mood for some fanfic, but since I'm pretty picky about it, I had a hard time finding anything that I liked. And then I came across an OTWG review and decided that I might as well read it. And I was hooked from the first chapter. Somehow I've never been into fanfics where Harry ends up in Slytherin, mainly because in almost all of them Potter befriends Draco. And in yours, he doesn't. And I think that's what I like most about this story. That Harry's relationship with both Malfoy and Snape remains fairly canonical. They still don't like each other, although in the case of the latter there's a certain amount of respect. Of course, there are many other reasons why I loved this story, but those two - the relationship with Snape and the fact that you stuck pretty close to the canonical events, while making them fit your Harry - make this story unique. And I admire you so much for writing it for so many years. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that you'll be able to finish it someday.
11/3/2023 c21 MonkeeMary
I read online that this was many people’s favorite SlytherinHarry story, and I can definitely see why. Very cool how you’ve kept to the basic outline of the books, but still made it your own.
Still, I wish I’d checked ahead of time to make sure the story was complete! I never remember to do that, and I really, really don’t want to wait another decade to get to the end. So, um, please get cracking (free time, other hobbit, other obligations - they’re all overrated - haha), and happy writing!
10/26/2023 c21 gginsc
This is a great story. I hope you finish it someday.
10/6/2023 c21 thea11