FanFiction.Net
for Ghosts in the Closet

1/23/2016 c1 Anisa Rahmatika
Wah.. This is so sad, but so beautiful in the same time. :')
10/14/2012 c1 yess91
this was good, sad but good. it had that old detective black&white movie kind of feel to it.
9/19/2010 c1 Power4Puppies
I really do like this story! its really well written because even though Watanuki died, I still feel so interested while I read this. I like how you wrote the characters, especially the whole "eye" thing, i thought that was cute in a sad way
5/12/2009 c1 lilymatches
SAD and angst but I love the revelation of the relation through others eyes
5/6/2009 c1 Tanatos
I really loved this story, is so sad and bittersweet, you got me crying in front of my pc while working. Thanks for posting it
4/1/2009 c1 8oLynxXo
poor doumeki, so sad. this was written with so much emotion, i've still got knots in my stomach. brilliant work. therefore i forgive that you killed our sweet adorable watunuki (^_^)
2/18/2009 c1 7forevernyu
Oh you're right about the strangeness of the situation if Watanuki were to be killed by a spirit while to the people around them, there is no one else but Doumeki. However, did you really have to KILL Watanuki? You meanie! You could have injured him badly and made him comatose or something, leaving us fans some hope*whimper*

Okey, rant over!

THIS IS GREAT! And the way you tell the story from inspector Yamamoto's POV is well inspired. Makes me feel like I'm entering the Holic world for the first time and discovering its mysterious hidden side AGAIN!

There's something I don't like though... the name you gave Doumeki's father. I mean if you look at the other male members of the Doumeki family, their names were always short, distinguished and a bit girlish (Haruka: means spring too (depending on how you write it...), Shizuka means peace/calm) a name like Honoka (means harmony) would fit more, I think. Then again, this is your story so you don't have to listen to what I say because I'll keep reading anyway ;D

“It can’t see,” He finally answered, looking so very tired, in blatant pain. “Not since he closed his forever.” This was the best sentence of the story to me. I know an OC pov makes it hard to describe Doumeki's feelings of grieve and guilt but in one sentence I just felt all of it run through my veins. Brillant!

Please keep up the good work!
1/18/2009 c1 19crimsonrosepetals
If it weren't for the fact that this was a wonderfully well-written, original and touching fic, I would be upset with you for killing off Watanuki and torturing not only Doumeki but also myself. Then again, I've done worse in my fics so...yeah, I have no right to blame you :D Besides, like I said, this is a great fic! You're a very good writer; keep up the good work!
1/18/2009 c1 10Anyjen
Nice story, if a tad melodramatic at times... the dialogues were a bit off; not quite in-character, but it was still good.

Still, a couple of corrections: Doumeki lives in a Buddhist temple, not a Shinto Shrine, which not only means that his mother couldn't be a shrine maiden, it also means that the "family honour" wouldn't be in the line if he happened to love a man. You see, Buddhism in Japan has interesting historical homosexual associations. At a point in history, it was the norm for monks to practice homosexual relations between each other. While that is not true nowadays, the subject is familiar enough that Doumeki's presumed homosexuality wouldn't be a scandal... if it wasn't for a single detail. He appears to be the heir of the temple, and as such, it's expected of him to marry and provide an heir himself to pass the family temple to; temples and shrines function very much like a family bussiness these days (and they have for at least a century and a half).

Taking that into account, I can see why his father would be opposed to Doumeki's falling in love with a boy; there is no child to be expected from that relationship.

Actually, your story reminded me of a very good one I read a while back; if you like detective stories you might me interested in this one, too.

it's in

http : / sparklyfanta .livejournal. com/320 .html

without the spaces.
12/30/2008 c1 17yuMeNami
that's..that's..that's..wonderful actually..even though you killed watanuki and you imprisoned doumeki..*sigh*..
12/28/2008 c1 8InsomniaticFrenchToast
It was good. Made me cry a bit too. However instead of this being a oneshot it would have been more interesting if you had made this into a multi chaptered fic. Maybe gave a little insight on the detective? The release of Doumeki was too sudden as well. Why was he released? It was interesting on its own but I believe this would have been better with more backstory. More chapters, or Something. Well done piece though!
12/27/2008 c1 Aviatorlisa
Again, I am out of the loop. It's my fault of course for not knowing who they are. It doesn't stop me from reviewing. ^^

Nevertheless, it was mysterious, sad and eerie, it's very interesting to see you doing all sorts of different genres. It's really cool.

If I were Yamamoto and I didn't see Watanuki for myself. I would have automatically thought it was Doumeki.

Rambling on, as I do, I just saw this court case where a man shot himself and they blamed a little old lady who was his girlfriend. Despite the fact it was proven suicide and he had mistresses, he'd sold fake art pieces, and swindled others. ^^ Of course she wasn't guilty but she served 7 years of the 20 she got! I'd feel really bad for Doumeki if he lived in a Commonwealth state! ^^
12/27/2008 c1 19severus-fan
I admit to getting teary-eyed while reading about the aftermath of Watanuki's death. Normally I don't read these kid of fics because they make me want to cry, but I couldn't resist. I'm glad everything worked out alright, though I wonder how the detective will explain the release of Doumeki to his superior (then again, things might work differently there than it does here in the US). Besides, I don't want to look a gift horse in the mouth.

So now Doumeki has to be patient, once again, until he can meet up with Watanuki again and get that happy ending they deserve. The ending made me smile; it was very lovely and sweet. Thanks for sharing!
12/27/2008 c1 2strange'eagle
Wonderful story, even though you KILLED WATANUKI. *goes to cry in a corner* Haha, but not a lot of people are willing to harm their favorite characters, so I commend you. ;) Thank you for a good read. I've actually always wondered how Doumeki would fare if Watanuki ever got killed...

Great! :) -curious_robin