FanFiction.Net
for Naruto: Childhood Memories

6/29/2018 c6 GeorgtheThird
I’m so HAPPY that you decided to write about Kakashi and how he stumbled upon Icha Icha Paradise. I have over the years read fan theories about his encounter with the book and they all sound believable. Yours is different and comedic which I really like :D The idea of him not seeking it and not being forced to read or revise it for Jiraiya but rather getting the book by accident is hilarious and explain a lot why a composed child is suddenly into adult books when he becomes a grown-up! Lol! xD Of course, there can be many reasons behind that change but your explanation is indeed very good and refreshing

And speaking about Kakashi’s personality, I truly think you got his character during his youth down pat! His speech and action, especially his interaction with Obito were perfect. Especially, at the end when they shared the book. That’s friendship when it’s best. I really enjoyed reading about Kakashi and his teammates. There is something nostalgic about that team. If only the manga could have explored more of that.
I also think you got Jiraiya’s character perfectly. He was only in the one-shot for a short while but you were able to make him shine so beautifully with his strong personality :D

Regarding the books in your one-shot, you introduced The Tale of the Utterly Gutsy Shinobi as if it has already been published at this time which is quite interesting. Most people would think that it got published around Kushina’s pregnancy because of the talk Minato and Jiraiya had. But if that’s true why would it take him years to publish it after completing it? We know that he finished the story (assuming that no or little editing has been done afterwards) three years after the 2nd Shinobi War took place because he left 3 copies of the book to the Ame Orphans. Thus, I think that the Minato-Jiraiya conversation was just the first time they had ever spoken about the book together since it’s such an old book. That also explains Jiraiya’s response and action. There are probably many ways to interpret it but I’m glad someone else thinks that the book is older than it is :D

MLLu you have written another nice childhood one-shot and I can’t wait to see what your next one-shot will be about. Thanks for sharing this! ;)

Ps. Your tribute to One Piece and Bleach was awesome! That was so unexpected but good! xD
6/28/2018 c6 25fanofthisfiction
I know you really worked hard on this chapter, so I must say, the re-worked sequence and disclosure ran through nicely in your edits. How fun to find inspiration in a few Naruto episodes and explain how Kakashi came to being fascinated with the Icha Icha books. It's something we all probably wondered about at some point and time.

Misunderstandings can definitely be fun and hugely funny to look back on and I'm glad you took your idea and ran with it!

Thanks to you, this was a memorable childhood memory. Kakashi is such a cool, calm, and collected adult, it was fun to see him as a kid caught with a naughty book.

I appreciate you pledging to the Summer of Love Show Me the Love Challenge and for your participation in both Show Me the Love Challenge events. Please know, it was a honor not only to Beta this story but to read this story again with all your edits and enjoy the new story it became. Thanks for sharing and supporting the FRM!
6/27/2018 c6 Yoko89
love the fact on how Kakashi started his interest in smut books ayway amazing chapter cannot wait for the next chapter.
6/27/2018 c6 177YenGirl
*is giggling just as creepily as Kakashi with hand over her mouth and her face red and her glasses all steamed up*

This chapter is NOT, I repeat NOT what I expected. At all! After all your touching and inspirational and sad chapters, this was a breath of fresh air! Not to mention Kakashi is one of my favourite characters :)

He's such a picky bookworm, bless him, I liked how he justified it to himself. It's true, one's precious time should be spent doing something worthwhile, right?

I enjoyed the transition you put him through, from his excitement at first getting the book, to his puzzlement and then his growing unease and OMG all that nose bleeding! He'll need a blood transfusion but all he did was eat carbs. Poor thing. Then again he was so caught up in the book that nothing but finishing it was an option.

Gosh, what a mix up all of that was! And to think he actually thought his sensei (one of the sweetest gentlemen in Konoha) was the author! *snorts with laughter* I have to wonder why Minato has a secret drawer though. Maybe it's for top secret intel for Konoha's safety? Yes, that must be it. That must be the only reason :)

So many cute things to love about this chapter - the reference to the other top 2 shonen manga (One Piece and Bleach) was one.

The snippets of the romance unfolding in Icha Icha was another - now I wish I had that book in my hands!

Kakashi being forthright about enjoying the book was one too.

And fancy that - he and Obito ended up bonding over a book! Yay!

Well done! Looking forward to your next chapter for sure! :)
6/26/2018 c6 17Emma Raye
I'm so happy this is out! I've been so excited to read the Kakashi one-shot. I think his desperation to find the book was funny. I love how light-hearted this was since Kakashi's past is so easy to make dark. I definitely giggled when he was convinced Minato (of all people!) had written an erotic novel.
Also, your teasing comment toward Bleach was great.
As usual, your works are lovely to read :D Great work!
6/26/2018 c6 7Ceies
Ah, that was certainly a surprising take on Kakashi's childhood. I actually think the timeline is a bit messed up, because from the canon I always got the feeling that Jiraiya only ever published The Tale of the Utterly Gutsy Shinobi around the time Kushina got pregnant with Naruto.

That aside, it's really fun. I guess Rin overreacts a bit, but it's fun immagining kid Kakashi getting all excited with his first erotic noval. so it all was a mix up that gave Kakashi the biggest pashion in his life :D Poor Minato-sensei spoiled Kakashi for life. Jiraiya and Kushina I think are awesomely in character. And somehow the scene when they all eat together and Kushina is worried that she might not have cooked his favorite food right ... that was just really sweet.
6/4/2018 c5 37Tuvstarr's lost heart
Oh, I _loved_ this!

From little Naruto's sorrow and confusion of the villagers' constant rejection, to his panic about the stone head carvings, and to finding a home for him. It was so lovely. MLLu! This is so wonderful!

Thank you for writing this! Will go and vote in the poll now, (if it's not already closed, I'm really sorry for not reading this earlier!)
5/27/2018 c2 iywe
Did you just re-arranged the chapters or there's an actual new chapter? I am confused hahaha!
5/14/2018 c1 Ch10m4
The descriptions are somewhat disjointed and your summary tells a bit too much. Also at a point you said he didn't know why he was ostracized, when in canon he knew it was coz of his sand's reaction. Also, after your saying he didn't know you later went on to say he knew it was because of the monster in him. And Shukaku doesn't come out when he's emotional but when his mental defenses are down either with a high influx of negative emotion, sleep or he lowers them himself as he showed in the chunin exam arc. But I admire your efforts in trying to capture the despair of his childhood.
I hope I'm not too critical
5/13/2018 c2 Ch10m4
I hope I'm not too critical
5/10/2018 c3 crochetispretty
this one is good, too. did his mother and sister not sit him down and talk to him about scenarios of companionships between the dogs and inuzuka? this kind of answers that.
4/29/2018 c5 8Bhutea
I like Naruto in this one. You captured his personality perfectly and I enjoyed the interaction between the two of them.
4/26/2018 c3 32Daastan Go
Whilst the idea is nice, I believe you stretched the chapter quite a bit. The parts about Hinata were unnecessary (no one knew she liked Naruto) and made the chapter feel bloated. The positives are that this chapter talks of the responsibility of children towards their pets, along with the aspect of kindness.

In that regard, the chapter was decent. You took it forward with the idea that Kiba was negligent in his duties, and he had to make things right. I do thing that these chapters are very children-friendly with moral lessons thrown in there somewhere. So it's definitely a refreshing approach without the preachy facets of Mature fictions.

The issues (which I've mentioned fore) are, sadly, still there. I hope you work on them and improve.
4/25/2018 c5 36iBloo
oh my goooosh I loved this so much! and ugh. I'm not crying. I swear I'm was so heartwarming and incredibly well written. you described everything so well, especially the Ramen and the shop. I could practically smell and taste it! this story feels like home to me. I felt so warm and fluffy on the inside the entire time. thank you for posting this and sharing it with us!
4/24/2018 c5 SlyFox9
This the most beautiful chapter ever. It was so heartfelt that I was moved by Naruto's sorrows and Teuchi' s kindness. Ichiraku Ramen makes a really good impact for Naruto. Great job.
422 « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 12 .. Last Next »