for An Interview with Justin FinchFletchley

8/31 c1 prn
This format is fantastic, would love to see other characters interviewed, Kingsley would have to be at the top of my list.
11/20/2019 c4 Bluebell1223
I really loved this, Justin's technical explanations of commonly speculated canon events was fascinating to read, as well as his thoughtful, in-depth insight on the trio and Ginny from another character's perspectives. Very believable and 100% the most realistic fanfiction I've read, just has that quality that can't be replaced anywhere else. I didn't understand as much of it, particularly in the first few chapters about the UK government, but that's because my own political knowledge is a little lacking. Is it possible to write a footnotes version of this, which explains the political terms/references to canon and in canon events (some were rusty to me) for readers who aren't as sure of them? Like how there's an footnotes version explaining references to victorian culture and stuff in a running column down the side for some english classics my english class has had to use. It be amazing to read it for something like this. Anyways, cannot expressed how much I loved this, thanks so much for writing!
-WhymsicalBell
10/4/2019 c4 a trace of amber
Woah what an insanely cool idea! At first I thought I would hate the format and then realized that I had already become totally sucked in! Loved the whole guy fawkes idea and the concept of a commission and hearing kind of distant DA friends analyze harry. What fun it was!
6/30/2019 c4 217The Feisty Rogue
This is the best war/war reflection HP story I've ever read. It's a truly brilliant way to approach such a chilling subject. I'm so glad you've touched on realistic outcomes for the HP universe and I love the inclusion of the Muggle government, because I fully believe they'd have been willing to bomb the Ministry and Hogwarts should the worst come to worst. You've made me tear up.

Amazing.
5/19/2019 c4 blinddivinity
What a great fic. Love it so much.
I wish it were longer.
Great fic. Wonderful. You are fabulous. Love the questions from the listeners. And I love your Justin.
5/19/2019 c2 blinddivinity
What a great chapter! Seriously. Wow.
1. I was wondering when we would find out about the Silencio incident. Loved what Harry said. I understand why everyone felt a way about it-but I have a feeling that if he didn't say anything, the Malfoy's were going to get off and not face any judgement.
2. You made me laugh out loud, stand up and cheer, and praise Justin to the skies. That remark, so quickly delivered was a-fucking-mazing. I have a huge ass crush on your Justin now. Well done.
3. I can see Draco still considering himself and his family to be better than the Newbloods-despite the war. I can see him taking offense at seeing Newbloods showing up in places where they were previously not allowed. Love Dennis and friends for not backing down and showing up in places they know their not welcome in.
4. I love how you're not painting the WW as something that is perfect and inclusive now that the war is over. Just because the good guys one doesn't mean that everyone welcomes Newbloods.
5. I'm glad that Arthur wasn't put in that position. I have to say that out of all of the "good guy" characters, Arthur is one of my least favorites. He's in charge of a department for Muggle Relations and knows nothing about Muggles. The questions he asks Hermione and Harry, and the way he acted during the forth and fifth books when he was in the presence of Muggles or in the Muggle world was ridiculous.
6. I'm glad Justin-or any Newblood was chosen instead of Hermione. Nothing against her-of course, I love her-but I feel like everyone sees Hermione instead of all the other Newblood. Hermione isn't the only Newblood with potential, intelligence, and drive.
7. Ginny is amazing. What a spitfire. Seriously! I wish this were true and that this was a scene in the movie! She's so brave and unashamed. Love it.

I love this fic so much. Wonderful.
5/19/2019 c1 blinddivinity
Love this fic so far! I've been searching everywhere for Justin fics. I'm so excited! You're the only author that's brought up Justin's family being of some importance in society/Muggle government. Love it. If you have any recs featuring Justin, please let me know!
5/4/2019 c4 1ReaderBot791
woo hoo, good show
1/22/2019 c4 Guest
What a brilliant, innovative story! Have read HP fix for years and years and this is absolutely unique! So well executed! Loved all the details and the focus on procedurals and their role in times of war. I think you might enjoy the book World War Z, which operates with a kind of oral history!
1/7/2019 c4 WingsofDust
Contrary to some other reviews, I'm glad you kept the Golden Trio out of focus for the most part. So much fanfiction follows what Harry and his friends were doing during the war that it ignores what everyone else was doing. You've shown here that the war was bigger than Harry, bigger than the Order of the Phoenix. Focusing on two minor characters like Lee and Justin instead of the traditional main characters was what really made this work.

I also like the commentary about the relationship between the Muggle and Magical governments too- instead of the usual "witless muggles continue to be attacked and don't realize it" you went with "the muggle government knew what was going on, but considered intervention to be too costly except as a last resort, so long as the Resistance stood a chance of winning with nuclear bombardment." The complex socio-political situation you weaved here was done superbly, and I greatly enjoyed reading it.
10/8/2018 c4 Three Dawg
I really enjoyed this story. You are a great writer and created a compelling story that pulls you in. I'm always a fan of dialogue so a story full of it is, well, pretty much the dream. Thank you for writing this! Hope you are doing well
8/12/2018 c4 RarefiedMuddle
What a wonderful, clever, and insightful story. Thank you for sharing it with the world!
7/28/2018 c1 northerncitiesvowelshift
Not to sound too IEMy, but magnifico
4/30/2018 c4 10ALRYM
This was intriguing. Well thought of. But in a way I am also disappointed that you have not used/mentioned Harry/Hermione/Ron more. That they appear so rarely kind of belittles them.
2/15/2018 c4 30potahtopotato
This was, in a word, excellent. In more than a word, I totally loved this fic; it's definitely one of my favorites. The dialogue sounded natural, the plot was both unique and realistic... what's there not to like? Except for the fact that it wasn't longer, of course.
88 Page 1 2 3 4 .. Last Next »