for Old Time Feeling

1/27/2009 c1 10302pilot
Honestly, is there anything in this life a Twinkie can't fix? This was a nice look into how much the judge loved and misses his true love. Thanks, Jeanne!

Ceebee
1/27/2009 c1 41e-pony
Nice to see the improvements in technique here, kiddo, especially starting the story with Hardcastle's thoughts instead of just setting a scene. Also, you give us Milt h/c that is sad and thoughtful, but not over-the-top. This is good, as these are tough and resilient men (with sentimental cores, of course).

From a structural perspective, I would still like to see you tell your story more through dialog and action than explanation. But I do think this fic does keep moving along pretty well. The reflective mood is also well maintained, and Mark’s solution is right in character. Good work!

Pony
1/26/2009 c1 44Jaz22
Nice job, Jeanne. There are always times when loss hits harder, and I liked your portrayal of Mark being sensitive enough to know when not to pry.
1/26/2009 c1 221L.M.Lewis
Hardcastle clapping his hands-enough with the melancholy-and turning to an evening of John Wayne, seemed just right. It might be that men who seldom open the door to the room where they store their feelings find quite a mess when they finally do take a peek. And the twinkie was the perfect special occasion cake coming from Mark.

Good job on your mechanics, too.
1/24/2009 c1 5Georgi1961
Cute-and I loved the Twinkies! It's so nice to see the Judge open up about his family every now and then. And when all else fails, John Wayne to the rescue!

Thanks-
1/24/2009 c1 1sandy J-D
Nice work Jeanne. It's sentimental and sweet. Keep upi the good work.