for Abandon

11/1/2013 c8 rmttts
Omg. i think that last chapter tore me to a million pieces and buried me six feet under. Wow.
5/23/2012 c8 Bloodmoon-Shinigami
Oh I am definitely adding you to my favorites list. This was a brilliant story and I can't wait to read more of your fics. Young Dean was so frickinadorable. I especially loved where he really was afraid Mary was going to eat baby Sam.

The idea of a supernatural mole eating someone from the inside out was a deliciously insidious idea. Poor Dean... I feel a little bad for enjoying the whumpage, but you did it so well.

You did a great job with characterizing all three of the Winchesters, including the younger versions of the boys. I have a soft spot for the Weechesters, too. Who doesn't?

I especially love how you gave us a look into Dean's lonely psyche, how he believes everyone would really be okay without him. While also allowing us to see into John's head so we could see that the truth is the exact opposite. Very touching. That being said...is Sam ever going to find out Dean didn't really drunk or stone dial him? Either way, love your stuff! Never stop writing!
6/22/2011 c8 14xcloudx
I love your writing style, you always capture the emotions really well~!
3/8/2011 c8 3Saiphor
Ok, now I read the whole story and I still think that it is a wonderful take on the beginning of the Stanford years. I especially liked that you didn't stick to the sadness of the present, but lightened it up with Wee!chester in between. Also, sometimes you write funny as hell!

I loved the last chapter. It made me remember why I got into the Winchesters in the first place. The tragically and long lost happiness of their childhood family and the failing attempt to somehow keep it together afterwards but never achieving to find peace again.

I guess that's a universal theme most mortals are confronted with sooner or later. I certainly am.

So, thanks for the reminder. I'll definitely be back to continue reading your next story.
3/8/2011 c1 Saiphor
Dear NongPradu,

This is your third story I am reading.

The ballad of John and Yoko was beautiful and I always meant to comment on it. I told myself: 'Well, just read one more story and then comment on both.'

That didn't work out.

I picked 'Abandon' as my next evenings entertainment and I couldn't get past the first paragraph without commenting. I just couldn't!

The way you described the fish (I guess it's a fish. Can't be sure yet, since I didn't read further) captivated me. Your language so intense, the image you created even more. To me it felt as if I was watching the close up of a movie, shot with 48 frames per second. A picturesque, slow, still life of a creature dying.

I am stunned. And I am really glad I stumbled over your work in the depths of this fandom. Just like you write in your profile I am a SPN-fanfic addict as well. Unfortunately I had to realize that there are many really bad writers out there.

Maybe they are not bad, I don't want to flame anyone. Maybe they are just non native speakers (like me), or kids who don't know better yet, or they just don't want to make the effort. Whatever the reason, I feel like my own appreciation and knowledge of great literature and text quality is rapidly degrading the more fanfic I read.

For that reason I am very glad that I found your writing here. Your texts make it obvious that there is someone with a brain behind them, with education, experiences, and with talent. Thank you for this beautiful fanfiction gift. And good luck with your PhD.

By the way, I think you really should come up with your own stories and characters. I'd love to read your original work as a short story (or maybe even novel? :) You really should keep writing and maybe give birth to something that you can publish in the real world.

Good luck,

N.
10/5/2010 c1 7Death-Muncher
You do a terribly awesome fantastic job of capturing the Winchesters!:D
12/29/2009 c1 1catsiel
I've recently discovered the joy of iPod notes, and I've uploaded this entire story in there, just so I can keep it with me whenever I want to read it. Call me lame or pathetic, but damnit, I don't care.

I was so excited to see that you've planned for this to be the first in a series, but then I was sad to see that the next installment wasn't up yet. Anyway, thanks for this lovely story!
7/10/2009 c1 slaybelle69
Great story! Loved all parts of this pre-Stanford into Stanford era. I really loved the fish metaphor how you started with it then came back to it with Dean. I can't wait to read more of your new stories as you update them. Your dialogue and psychology of the characters is spot on. Keep on givin' us more!
2/16/2009 c8 1doyouqueue
sorry this is very late :D

i loved this look at john and Mary's past, and how it was mostly focused on the boys, and also at the same time revolving around John obsession with getting his revenge. it's always strange to see how everything links to Mary isn't it, even in the show. the way that the events are always linked to that time...

anyway great chapter!
2/12/2009 c8 111deangirl1
I love this look back at the early years... I totally agree with Mary and Dean singing (mainly because I wrote a story about that to! Hm!) - it just seems so right. I really like how you portray Mary and John, their relationship, and them as parents - easy to see how John ended up where he did. It was also a nice glimpse into John's regrets to have him watching Dean sleep - so nice to see how much he really loves Dean - and bang on reflections of John's feelings about Sam. I'll definitely be on the lookout for the next installment!
2/11/2009 c8 casammy.armoasantander019gmai
me gustaría si pudiera hacer q dean vaya a stanford a comprobar q sa este a salvo mientras john va a una cacería no podría agregar a caleb también en el cuidado de sam desde lejos por pedido de JW y a los otros cazadores, pensandolo bien es lo q yo haría si soy JW x q sammy creció en medio de los cazadores, practicamente siempre ha sido el baby de todos ellos y con su mirada de cachorro lastimado nadie nunca le pudo decir no, así es q tenía a todos los cazadores metido en su bolsillo, sí definitivamente creo q J pediria eso y todos cooperarían en el cuidado de sam
2/11/2009 c8 4alwaysateen
Great ending.

So sweet to see so many awesome rare moments of pure happiness from the Winchester family. :)
2/11/2009 c8 masondixon
An excellent chapter. Just excellent. Such beautiful descriptions of the Winchester family from the beginning. Such happiness and such contentment and such LIFE there. The picture you painted was perfect. And to bring to life John's thoughts and feelings drew such another dimension of the character. Portrayed his fear and pain and loss so vividly.

You really did a great job with this story and I am very glad to know there are "miles" to go before this series ends. I look forward to what comes next. Thank You.
2/8/2009 c7 19JadeDjo
Great story, please keep it up. I've always wanted more info on what happened and what went on when Sam left the family. Your portrayal of Dean is spot on!
2/8/2009 c7 1doyouqueue
ooh, i love your inner-john, he's so obviously different that the john that we see on the outside who we only get to see when he is with dean. that rough, slightly mean bastard. i find it ironic that only sam can actually get to see the inner john in a way... hmm, what a lovable bastard. john that is.

oh by the way, i don't know if you've read any of her fics, but this author has the best john ever:

http:/dodger-winslow.

you should definitely check her stories, theyre brilliant..

and Dean... *tears*

he's so terribly lonely...

i love how you showed us exactly whats inside his head without provoking that deep sense of pity that is often used by writers. i mean the pity is there, but also there's an understanding of what he must be going through...

anyway, as usual excellent chapter! I'm really excited about the next one.oh and thank you for the offer to review my essays and such, that's extremely considerate of you. i am an English lit majoree as well. life is well, its just all the non-English courses i was having trouble with, like *include spewing noises* Maths... and *more spewing noises* Arabic.

but hey I'm done now, and can look forward to a fresh semester. :D yay!
54 Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »