for Moving On

4/19/2009 c1 10VioletFieldofFlowers
Dear me, I'm going to die from this story! It was so cute! I'm dying, right now, dying from how adorable that was!

*group hug with Skittery and Tumbler*

Loved, loved, loved this story!
2/11/2009 c1 5RedCurls121
Awh, this was really cute!
2/11/2009 c1 32Electric Fire
Great job! It is wonderfully written, and describes the transition from boyhood (or should I say, Newsiehood? :) ) to adulthood. Keep up the good work!
2/11/2009 c1 1AdrenalineRush16
Yeah, Tumbler would be a ladies man someday... ;) I loved how you did this story; 1st person, but only one sided conversation. I've only seen that once, so it's great to see something new! And, I loved the cuteness of Skittery and Tumbler;

"Aw, would ya look at what ya done to my shirt, it’s all wet now! C’mon, you’re too big to be cryin over sumthin’ like this. Well of course I’ll miss ya!"

AWW! The promise at the end with helpin' the next little kid was so adorably cute too; I just wanted to hug the screen! ;D

Great job!

~Adren
2/11/2009 c1 1imgonnaliveforever
This was great, the point of view you did it in was really good to.It was simple, but you got a lot in there at the same time.Great job!(:
2/11/2009 c1 21Written Sparks
I really like this story. I like how you wrote Skittery, I think every just assumes that since Jack mentioned it once Skittery is always in a bad mood. I like to think that he isn't, like you said, "one lousy day." I like to think he's smart too and I always figured he was one of the oldest newsies. It's too sad that he has to leave Tumbler, he should marry that girl and then adopt Tumbler. Haha, now there's an idea!

Great job with this. I'm glad we had Skittery week, now we all have some wonderful Skittery stories to read.
2/11/2009 c1 17Laelyn24
-with hands flailing wildly- I loved it! I was excited to see the little link in my PM, I had to rush over and read it! I've been wondering when yours was going to appear! :)

The style was so clever, so unique! I really liked the whole one-sided conversation aspect. I think that was my favorite thing about it. Well, other than it being about Skittery, of course!

You did a really nice job with the dialogue; it was just enough. Plus, some of the words you used like mug, sourpuss, and old lady really added to Skittery's voice in this piece.

I also like his little rant about the other guys' gimmicks. Racetrack being so short and Mush's baby face! Those gave me a good laugh.

I have to say, I really enjoy the fics that show the guy's moving on from Newsie-ing. Particularly when it comes to Skittery leaving Tumbler. I think you really captured the whole idea well. I love that Skitts promised to come back and sell with Tumbler.

-hugs Skittery- -hugs Tumbler- -hugs CES-

Also, thanks for the birthday wishes! It's so sweet of you!

*Laelyn

P.S. Concerning the Robin Hood fics, if you know anything about the Robin Hood legend, it shouldn't be too hard to follow. It would be kind of neat to have someone read it who hasn't seen the series. If ya get the chance. :)