for Normal

1/16/2010 c13 12Innocence is Beautiful
Omg Rotflmao! I loved this chapter. You should do Rogue's thoughts more often. The part where she was talking about their nonexistant sexlife made me smile. The part about the rabits and the feeling eachother up at breakfast cause me to burst out laughing. i've been reading ur story all day nonstop and im sorry to say that i only choose now to stop and review. Omg iluv remhy and if i wasnt scared of rogue i would so take him away from her! Ep! And here she comes! Gotta run! See ya!
1/16/2010 c20 12Randirogue
Well, I've got no witty reparte to be spawned this time around. I'm loving it, as always. Please keep it up!
1/15/2010 c21 2cartoonfire
... Wow. I think Remy just lost all credit of being a badass.

Aw who cares! Real men cry all the time!

Omg! I can't believe Jean-Luc died. That was a curve ball, I mean it came out of nowhere. Poor Remy...

Lol, it seems like Logan is there every time Remy has to throw up.

When Kitty and Pete came in with tears I was a little freaked out. I was like "What's up with them?" Dang, who knew Remy's empathy was that strong! Remind me never to be around him during one of his down days, sheesh.

But I still love you Remy!

Lapin... I want to say the word 'idiot' but I think that would be mean of me... Oh whatever, Lapin is an idiot.

Loved the image of Remy sitting by Jean Luc's grave. It was just so moving, how he couldn't bring himself to move.

Lol, Mercy is so cool.

Lol, I loved the part with Remy watching the baby, it was so cute! I loved how she kept rolling over and Remy kept nudging her with his foot.

Remy and Logan can both go into battle with fearless but when it comes to a baby they just don't know what to do. Lol, dorks.

Yay! I'm so happy that Remy isn't banned anymore.

Wow, Remy get's a motorcycle and a piano. That is so cool :)!

Oh, engagement ring! Engagement ring! Red alert, start your engines! Remy has an engagement ring! Oh... Rogue is a lucky lady.

...Apparently Rogue is also quite the bitch. Geez she didn't have to yell at him.

I'm glad Logan went along with Remy. I like it when they have time to bond.

That's right Remy! Give Rogue a taste of her own medicine!

Oh how the tables turn. Lol, this time it's Rogue sitting outside Remy's door.

Ouch, that sucks for Rogue, how she lost her scholarship. I hope things work out for her.

Yay! Remy and Rogue made up :)

One chapter left? OMG NO! WHY? WHY? (cries)

But there is still hope... The sequel :)
1/14/2010 c21 10Seruleyan-Wings
I have a confession to make.

When I first read the primary chapter of this story, I wasn't all that impressed. but I'm not usually one to judge a story by its first chapter, I pressed on.

After a few chapters, I stopped, convinced that perhaps a different story was in order...but for some reason this story kept lingering in the back of my mind to keep reading, so I did.

This fanfiction has entranced me, and I cannot explain it.

I have, in fact, stopped reading any other Gambit/Rogue fanfiction in favor of this one...and I don't know why. It's usually not the type of fic that I read, yet I have been unable to stop myself from anticipating each chapter and just thinking about this story while I'm at my job.

It has all but perplexed me, but then this morning, it dawned on me.

While there are elements of this story I would myself revise, for me, the most fascinating thing about this story is the way you write Remy himself.

I mean, you just bring him to life in ways I didn't think were possible.

It's like every other Romy fanfic author out there has a black and white outline of Remy that Evo has given us, and are merely coloring in the lines with information that they already have, while you are not only adding spectacular full-color, but completely re-visioning the character himself while still keeping him recognizable.

You deviate the slightest amount from his canon-comic book counterpart, but still manage to make him just as mysterious and attractive.

You don't give him the cliche' "SHUN EVERY OTHER GIRL BUT ROGUE CUZ OMG WE'RE OTP" that most authors blandly fall into...you took their relationship from a different angle and gave it depth and realism.

They fight and get pissed off at each other more than once.

They see faults, have them, and face their inner demons and each others.

It's just so damn refreshing.

Your fanfic, with its simplistic title 'Normal', is just that, and amazingly so.

The way the 'Girl Next Door', ice-cold lemonade on a summer day, and driving home listening to your favorite CD are normal, comforting, and something we all long for.

You write Remy (and many of the other characters) so realistically and well that I feel as if I'm going to bump into him at my job or while I'm putting gas in my car.

Every time I hear someone whistling, I have to turn and look over my shoulder to make sure he isn't back there, leaning against the wall and shuffling his cards.

I also love the way that you interact with your reviewers.

You are so down-to-earth and humble when acknowledging them...that is indeed a rare, rare thing.

All authors should be greatly indebted to their readers and reviewers, because without them, our craft would be meaningless.

You are extremely talented at displaying emotion and grabbing the readers by the heartstrings and never relinquishing.

You write real life unabashedly, and I only hope that when I being my own Rogue/Gambit fanfiction, that I can achieve the same level of talent that I see here because this, and you, will be the bar I judge myself by.

Congratulations, my dear!

You've done an outstanding job on this, and I greatly anticipate the next chapter, and perhaps, a sequel.

= Meg
1/13/2010 c21 22xXNevermoreAgainXx
I must admit, this is the first story I have ever read that isn't plot-driven.

That being said, I must also admit to this being the best story I have ever read.

I can't believe I didn't find this story sooner. I would have loved being one of your crazy reviewers yelling at you to hurry with the next update, and asking if Remy fed the dog today lol.

But still, I hope I can get across to you that this is a seriously awesome story. It's a nice change to have Remy the main focus on terms of a troubled past, while most stories highlight only Rogue's. Also, I love how you made Logan and him have a relationship on good grounds, while most stories have Logan hating Remy. It is very refreshing to read a story like this that keeps things in perspective. Remy has a right to be upset and vent over his past, Rogue is showing how she is good at comforting and also strong enough not to let her own troubles weigh her down (which is really who her character is, and I wish more people would show that), and also Logan is not just an overprotective father figure (well, he is, but that isn't ALL he is, ya know?) but can relate to Remy's past and respects Rogue's choice to be with him.

Also, I gotta say, this is the best fluff I've ever read, and it has some killer humor, too. You can never go wrong with that, mon amie.

I'm sad that there will be but one more chapter, but I'll gladly wait for the sequel! I really hope you do follow through on that. This story is the best, passing even published stories that I've read on the scale of just downright amazing.

I hope to read more from you in the future!

Write on!

~Storm
1/12/2010 c21 4Prince Gohan
Great chapter. i think you perfectly caught how remy would mourn jean-luc. i can't wait to read the next chapter.

until then,

Remy A.L
1/12/2010 c21 9AshmandaLC
omg! OMG! OmG! one chapter? serioulsy? :sniffles: im gonna miss this! but i absolutely ADORED this chapter and had tears in my eyes for a good bit of it!

update soon! MUST SEE MORE! DX
1/12/2010 c21 ChrissyKP
OMG, poor Remy! *huggles him*

I enjoyed the scene with baby Elle. "Well that's dumb. ... Must be Henri's genes." *snortgiggle* Poor little Elle's trying to show off her mad baby rolling skills and her silly Uncle Remy just isn't impressed.
1/12/2010 c21 Hawaiichick
Oh no! Only one more chapter left? I was so happy with the sweet ending to this chapter...but now I am sad because this fantastic/awesome/perfect story is almost over. :(

What a great chapter this was though. I was a little on edge wondering if Rouge would break up with Remy, but (phew) a happy ending! I was awesome to see Henri and Remy together. And the part with Mercy, the baby and Remy was funny. :) I loved the part where Henri comforted Remy at the reading of Jean Luc's will by touching his back and ruffling his hair. It's subtle, but you can really really tell they are close and that Henri is a really protective older brother. I know it's horrible with Remy crying so much in this chapter, but I love how it shows his emotional depth and that he really is a sensitive person. Sigh...I am going to miss this story when it ends but thanks for the fun. :)
1/12/2010 c21 Saturnian Solitude
I loved this chapter so much! I said I wouldn't permit myself to read it until I had finished reading this Foucault thing (eww) but I had to read it anyway! I loved that part where he was sort of kicking the baby-seriously, I thought someone was going to call child abuse. Hilarious. And Logan's whole thing about not touching them until their mutation manifests-spoken like a true fisherman. Throw 'em back when they're small, kill 'em when they're bigger. I love your depiction of Logan, by the way. I'm not wild about Logan in Evo, but I really love the interpretation here. (I'm also wary of being the reviewer who says "I don't like x, but I like the way you do x." Blah.)

But anyway, I felt so upset on behalf of Remy throughout this entire chapter, a real empathy. It's been a while since a fic made me feel like that. Gee, I wonder what else I can do to get on the "review of the week" spot-lol, yes, I'd like to read more sex please. I hope that follow-up you're planning is rated M! Yes.
1/12/2010 c6 MAxine
Dude...I love this. Angsty Romy is just about the best thing ever.
1/12/2010 c21 7RoseNoire313
this has got to be one of my favorite chapters so far. i know it is extremely tragic but it has soo much emotion! Definately great job :)
1/12/2010 c21 13AuthorColorCoated
Wow. Very nicely done, here.

The whole Jean Luc thing was completely unexpected (not to mention heart breaking), but I love how much we got to see in Remy in this chapter. Of course, I was completely pissed at Rogue for leaving him high & dry in his time of need, but getting to see Remy essentially fall apart was very very captivating.

And I can't believe this story is almost done! It make me so sad! It's like my favorite! Keep up the good work!
1/12/2010 c21 november123
The part where he wouldn't pick up the baby was kinda hilarious. Kind of sad too, but you do that well in this story, one minute you'll have me laughing, and then the next line will be so sad I'll want to cry.

I got sad when I read that this was the second to last chapter, until I saw the word sequel!
1/12/2010 c21 167scribblemyname
You BETTER write a sequel, girl. I knew what penultimate was and mouth dropped on floor when I read it.

Okay, will not vent.

Love the chapter, love the story, need to write more, but I'm shy on time. I promise to really write you an amazing review on the last chapter.

:wails: It can't be ending!
782 « Prev Page 1 .. 5 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 25 .. Last Next »