for Normal

1/12/2010 c21 AutumnGotEm
I hope I'm not the only one who bawled her eyes out reading this chapter.

My heart breaks for Remy here.

I love Logan for taking care of/and being a good friend to Remy when he needed someone.

You are an amazing writer and this chapter is very moving.
1/12/2010 c21 ficlover1
You probably do know that this chapter needs a tissue warning? You made me cry for Remy, I ached with him the whole time.

This was fantastic, I really love this story.
1/12/2010 c21 3Chica De Los Ojos Cafe
Honestly, this was timed out so perfectly! What could be better than waking up on your birthday and finding an update for one of your favorite stories? Not much! YES! On with the rant!

He clung to her, his arms wrapped around her in a desperate embrace. A lump was forming in his throat, and he knew he was starting to cry. Quite frankly, he didn’t really care at this point.-Aww! What's going on with our Remykins? Why is he about to start crying?

“Remy, yer makin’ it awfully hard for me ta leave.”-And I just love how when I ask a question, usually the answer comes right after in the next lines. Haha.

It sounded just like something he would do… which was exactly why he knew for certain that it was the stupidest thing he had ever heard.-I completely and wholeheartedly agree!

Taking some time to reevaluate the relationship, making sure what she wanted was really what she wanted.-Rogue darling, I love you and while this makes a lot of sense, I could smack you!

Or, at least he had. Now, standing in the front entry way with his arms wrapped around her as he sniffled like a little girl, he wasn’t so sure.-Oh Remy no, you're breaking my heart here.

“Remy,” she said, her voice slightly muffled from where he had her pressed against his chest, “ya said last night that ya understood.”

“I lied.”-Well that answers that.

Here he was, Gambit, the Ragin’ Cajun, le diable blanc, and all around Bad-ass MoFo, sniveling like a baby in front of Logan, Piotr, Kitty, Kurt, and half of the New Recruits.-And that's how we all know just how much you love Rogue. *sigh*

“Can I call y’?”

“I wish ya wouldn’t.”-Wow, I'm not sure our Cajun can actually live through a week without even hearing from his Rogue.

She was going to go away and realize that he was no good for her. She’d take a few steps back and finally see him for what he really was. This was it.-That's not true Remy! That's not true at all!

Okay… now he was embarrassed.-Well, I knew it was coming.

“Let her run, kid,” Logan said, his voice low and gruff. “It’s her way. She just needs ta get out every once in a while, but she always comes back. Always.”-Wow, those words coming from Logan...well they're just funny considering that's what our resident bada*s Wolverine always does. So it just makes me wonder, where does Rogue get that? Please note the sarcasm.

He decided, without a doubt, that being on this side of the whole freak-out thing definitely sucked something major.-Good, I'm glad you see that Remy. It's not nice for Rogue to have to deal with this all the time. Now you get a taste. =P...Oh man, I'm sorry Remy, you know I can't stay mad or act like you had something coming for long. You're just too irresistible.

Like most untimely deaths, Jean-Luc’s came suddenly, and without warning.-WHAT? ARE YOU FREAKEN KIDDING ME?

“He said dat was da one t‘ing he‘d regret… not takin’ care of y’ better.”-My eyes are all teary and watery.

“Okay, den. Y’ just go grab Rogue and get y’ ass down here, d’accord? I need mon frère wit’ me, don’ wanna be worrying about y’ dealin’ wit’ dis up dere.”-Danger, danger! Wrong thing to say! CRAP!

“She said not t’ call.” He looked up Logan, knowing that the man had a habit of doing things anyway. “Please don’, Logan. You’ll only make it worse.”-I wonder how Rogue will react when she finds all this out.

It hurt, and it left him breathless.-In the end, Jean Luc was his father. And that trumps everything else.

Logan had insisted on coming. He was waiting for him, his bag all packed, when Remy arrived in the hanger.-I love Logan. And more than that, I love how you write him. Especially his interactions with Remy.

Lapin’s eyes widened. “Ooh. Shiny.”-Freaken typical thief. He sees claws and the first words out of his mouth aren't "Oh sh*t" but rather "O shiny!"

“I wish I brought my camera…Chuck would turn green if he saw this place. He’d never admit it, but the old man’s pretty prideful when it comes to that damn mansion of his. This place would put him ta shame.”-So, let the Thieves' Guild keep their stupid Mansion, Xavier beats out anyday! lol I'm not bias and loving of our dearest professor at all!

Logan nodded. “Sorry about your dad, Big Gumbo.”-Aww cute, I like it!

She had picked a really shitty time to need some space.-And the guilt she'll feel after won't be fun to deal with at all.

He just need one more moment. Just one more.-Oh Remy, these things can't be planned out or seen ahead of time when they happen so suddenly. It's too bad really, because you definitely seem like you need closure.

Remy furrowed his brows in disbelief. “I wasn’t close wit’ Jean-Luc.”-Wait what? Huh...

“I was blinded by m’ grief, but I can see clearly now. Julien’s death, as well as da deaths of his friends, is on his own hands. Remy Etienne LeBeau, vous êtes pardonnés.”

You are forgiven.-Oh...my...god. Wow, I think I may actually cry. Jean Luc's last act for Remy. Wow. I am crying now.

That one got him moving. Remy’s head popped up off the table in surprise. “Quoi?”-Aww, really? Wow.

Henri just flashed him an all-knowing smirk as he looked up from the paper. “Probably f’ da same reason he’s givin’ you mère’s engagement ring.”-Oh my god! EP! Jean Luc left Rogue a bracelet and Remy her wedding ring? YES!

“Don’t call me again. Just leave me the hell alone!” Without warning, the line went dead.-Oh Rogue, you're really REALLY going to regret that.

Henri slung his arm around his brother’s shoulder, reaching up and messin’ up his hair. “Yeah. But I’m settin’ up a bank account f’ you. No more livin’ off dat poor, defenseless old man. Y’ spendin’ Guild money, an’ lots of it. I want y’ t’ have solid gold pots, an’ silver spoons-”-Wow, what is it with the water works today? Henri is such a good brother. Really he is.

Slowly, he pulled the paper off. Inside, was an 11x14 canvas. On it, sketched in charcoal, was an exact replica of the photo he brought home from Jean-Luc’s office. He felt his eyes begin to pool with tears. It was beautiful.-Now that is one freaken hell of a present.

It was just what he needed. He needed her, and he needed this, and he needed to grieve the loss of a man who had been so many different things in his life. But most of those things, they didn’t matter anymore. In the end, in his passing, Jean-Luc was only one thing to him. He was his father.-This chapter was so good. So good. I'm crying again. But like for real this time. Before it was a lot of teary-eyed looks and whatnot. This time tears actually fell.

So I definitely think there should be something very wrong with the fact that I'm crying, and on my birthday. Look at what you did! The emotions you evoked! Honestly, this was the best chapter so far. And I know I've said that a lot, but it's true every time. I can't believe we have one more chapter left in this story. That's insane to me. It blows my mind. I'm really glad Rogue and Remy were able to work things out. God knows I love my southern couple. And honestly, the way you write them, it's some of the best writing I've ever read in my entire life. Now THAT'S saying something, considering I just turned 20 today. I'm gonna take this chapter as a birthday present. So thanks. ;) Until the final chapter of this story...

Ever loyal reader and reviewer,

~Chica~
1/12/2010 c21 10ishandahalf
oh... i have to admit, this chapter moved me to tears. i felt SO bad for remy - i mean, as if rogue taking off for a week wasn't hard enough on him, then having to pile up all his angst and unresolved issues with jean-luc on top of that? sigh. i think you captured his emotions perfectly, by the way - despite him not having got along all too swimmingly with jean-luc, there's still a loss there. death definitely has a way of making you rethink all those things.

honestly, i kept hoping that somebody would call rogue behind remy's back, and she'd drop everything to come and be by his side. i definitely wasn't expecting her to yell at him like she did - i guess she sort of had a reason, although i still can't say i'm too happy with her... but at least they're back together now, and hopefully both realize that's exactly where they should be.

so yes, wow. the best chapter yet, i think. and the penultimate? geez, you're almost done! i don't want to say that i want this to end, but i definitely want to see how things wrap up! :)
1/12/2010 c21 1Laceylou76
We all love to write for that Reviewer of the Week honor, but unfortunately, this won't be one of those reviews. I have nothing to say that is funny, right now. My heart clenched painfully in my chest from the very beginning to the very end. My stomach aches, and I think my toe is sore, as well, but I'm not sure if that's because of the story or the fact that I stubbed it before getting on the computer to read this. I had to stop several times while reading to get a bottle of water, or to do other things just so my heart wouldn't break!

This has got to be 100 times better than "Sessions" with Remy and the Professor and THAT, my friend, is saying something. Remy losing his father at the same time that Rogue was wanting a break from the relationship were two of the worst things that could have happened to him. Remy isn't really one who NEEDS people to help him, and when he finally gets himself to that point and needs Rogue, she turns on him. I was so ready and actually hoping that Remy would turn on her for good. I actually hated Rogue in that scene, and that doesn't happen too often for me. I wanted to actually see her hurt as much as he was, and I wouldn't have felt bad one bit.

I'm glad what she did for him with the picture and all, and her explanation was decent, but for some reason I'm still a little mad at her. Don't worry, I'm sure I'll get over it. I can't stay mad at Rogue for too long! She always pulls through for us fans! :D

I think the one thing that I can think of that I laughed at and thought was absolutely adorable was when Remy was using his foot to push Elle over on to her back. That scene right there was the cutest! I really wanted him to pick her up and stare at her like she was the cutest thing ever, but then I remembered "The End" where he said he hadn't held a baby and he was uncomfortable holding his own child, so I figured this was not the time that he picks up a baby based on that chapter! lol

All in all, this had everything in it to make it athe perfect chapter. You've heard of the perfect storm, right? Well, this was the perfect chapter! I can't wait for the next, yet last, chapter of Normal, and the tears almost ame when I saw the word last until I saw the word sequel! YAY for sequels! Gotta love those!

Great job, Lizzie!
1/12/2010 c21 Kathleen
That was awesome! I felt so bad for Remy, especially when he called Rogue and she yelled at him. I was really angry at her for the rest of the chapter, brillant writing.

I'm looking forward to the next chapter and I'm over the moon that there's going to be a sequel! Very excited.

Love your characterisations of the x-men, especially Logan, Rogue and Remy.

But still really angry at Rogue, I reckon Remy should have stayed mad at her for a few days, let her earn her forgiveness gradually before finally giving him that charcoal picture.
1/12/2010 c19 Kathleen
I've been loving the story, it's a new interesting take on Remy's character and I really like. One of my favourite characterisations of him in the x-men evolution fanficdom.

Great story, great characters, please keep writing!
1/12/2010 c21 25CurrentlyIncognito
Second last chapter? B-But but but-

1/12/2010 c21 3tfobmv18
I absolutely love it even though it made me cry. I soo can't wait to see what'll happen next. Keep up the good work.
1/12/2010 c21 Aethena
Dang it! You made me cry! I really hate that...

Great chapter. Looking forward too, but kind off saddened by the idea of the last chapter.
1/12/2010 c21 2OiToTheWorld
confession 1: I'm not an overly emotional person, but there were multiple points in this chapter in which I had to choke back a few tears. I dont remember the last I've cried in a movie or even if I ever had, but once I hit the part of Remy looking at the picture of him and his dad-you slayed the beast and I balled my little "three times too small" heart out. I always loved this story but never reviewed but this chapter was too beautifully written to pass up acknowledging.

Confession 2: This is not OiToTheWorld, but his fiance. He lets me hack into his account, I dont think the self proclaimed 'badass' would cry over fanfiction but this chapter will pull his heart strings, he's a fan of this story too.
1/11/2010 c21 21paper.creations
God, you're good. There was just so much emotion that I'm kinda on overload. Humor, grief, an amazing amount of sadness, acceptance, anger. All wrapped up in the pretty package that is Romy.

Just about peed myself when Remy equated himself with a little girl.

And golly gosh, Rogue was a bitch. But like she said, they're soul mates. Glad she got that through her thick skull.

-sniffles- one more chapter? I would be crushed if not for that promise of a sequel. Totally holding you to that.

I just love that Logan's grown into a parental-type figure to Remy. It's got to be one of the cutest things I've ever seen. It's perfect. It's the cherry atop the story, for sure.

I want you to re-post soon, because I can't wait to see how this ends, but I don't want it to end. So...re-post when you're ready! :)

-Maggie
1/11/2010 c21 5Midnight Wolfy
I sat here thinking of what to say in a review and decided there was nothing I could say. There was so much emotion. Realism. It just really struck me. Poor Remy. And Rogue well... that's life; full of bad timing, misconceptions, and misunderstandings.

Wolfy
1/11/2010 c21 DidGyre
I spent this entire chapter in tears. I haven't done that since I read Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows for the first time.

Its so strange, in the beginning this was a light fun story about how odd Remy is in comparison to the rest of the X-Men. Now its one of the deepest and most meaningful storys I've ever read. It gives us a huge insight into Remy's mind.

How on earth are you going to top this chapter?

Luna
1/11/2010 c21 15New Dawn Rising
You're right, it was long, but well worth it to get to the best part! Can't wait for the last chapter.
782 « Prev Page 1 .. 6 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 26 .. Last Next »