for The Seahawk In Winter

12/18/2013 c1 Guest
Type your review here...
12/18/2013 c1 81Umeko
Hope the site accepts my review this time *crosses fingers*

Beautifully poignant final conversation between an elderly Teague and Jack Sparrow. What was said, or left unsaid and the emotions. Teague's stoic attitude to death is exactly what I would expect of him.
12/7/2010 c1 Jay-Jay13
Wonderful.
7/22/2010 c1 11sm.bean
The way in which Teague decides to alleviate his elderly pains and go out in style true a captain is rather dignifying in a piratey way. Very proud man, still strong willed although his weakened state.

"I can tell you now: much of my life wasn't that well spent. But bringing you about... that's one deed of mine I've never come close to regretting. Remember that much about me, Jonathan." - Very emotional three sentences. Finally that father/son moment that had evaded them for so long.

Very beautiful and enchanting piece.

-bean.
7/2/2010 c1 51Caleigho
Bueatifully worded, and yet very sparcely written. All of the things left unsaid between them was wonderfully conveyed. Excellent job
3/2/2009 c1 4Oceangoddess
This was so sad it made me cry! I don't even want to imagine Teague dying, I love him almost as much as I love Jack! (he's not just in AWE but in the Jack Sparrow Series as well) This is going to be fav'ed :D
3/1/2009 c1 50Jennifer Lynn Weston
Okay, you did it. You surprised tears from me. not metaphorical ones, not exactly bawling but, yes, I genuinely teared up.

I am reminded of a story I read years ago early in this fandom in which an aged Jack did exactly what Teague is preparing to do. So Teague is ready to join himself on the bottom with his Star forever. I hope Will does indeed manage to land him on the same shore as his Chakori.

He may have given credit for his watchout for Jack to his wife, but somehow, I suspect Teague wouldn't have need the admonition to keep a weather eye out for his son.

They say and do just enough. They can't undo or unsay-or say to fill up a lifetime of silences for that matter-what's gone before, but they can recall and lay claim to all that was best between them.

I do like the proud, indomitable spirit you paint for Teague; in other ways Jack is also his father's son.

The seahawk in winter indeed.

- ladymouse2
3/1/2009 c1 10hurricane1714
Aww! Very sad. Well more bittersweet than sad. No less heart-reanching though,

“I will miss knowin’ yer raisin’ hell someplace on the planet.”

I really liked that line.
2/28/2009 c1 88Lasgalendil
This was simply incredible. You leave me with nothing else to say! (Okay, I lied.) After reading this, I am definitely going to have to read Jack to the Future!

Well done, well done, well done! This was excellently explored. Teague's decision is explained fully and needs neither pity nor regrets. Jack's thoughts of his loss of sight and ability to play music were poignant.

Teague's ability to finally become the father he needed to be many years ago was heart-wrenching, as well as Jack's shaking silence.You present us here with a broken, yet forgiven family; a dynamic not often seen nor easily redeemed. You presented the emotions of this piece beautifully, following both Jack's hopes and regrets. Curling up on the bed like a child, we see him not as a Captain or a rogue but a boy, a son, longing for his new found father to stay...but knowing he cannot.

The detached tone of the ending after so much intimacy only heightened the longing and sadness.
2/28/2009 c1 51orpsgod
Ok, I'm reaching for the box of tissues as I comment...not that this is in any way one of the most emotionally touching and tear rendering pieces I've read for quite a while or anything like that, just so ya know. Wonderfully written, and as always anxiously looking forward to more. :)