for Gundam SEED: Salvation

5/6/2016 c1 Guest
Ooooh! I like it! :). I know is been a long time, but hoping to see new chapters soon!
4/11/2014 c1 battlecruiser03
I like it.
3/9/2013 c1 4DarkJackel
An interesting concept. The wormhole was a nice touch by the way. That said is there going to be any temporal distortions and if so when in the Remnant's history could this take place?

If you really wanted to play with the timeline you might want to consider dumping them back in the late Legacy Era. At least then they would have Sith to opposse Kira and the others. Alternatively if during the Dark Empire period Palpatine might send some of his Dark Jedi and Dark Side Adepts to oversee the operations.

Also there is the question of any prisoners they could take in recovery operations.

Thanks for the work.
11/24/2011 c1 Wraith Five
I have to say...this fic holds great potential (IMHO). However, there are a few discrepancies. For one thing, GENESIS can't shatter an entire planet in one shot (I believe it would take multiple shots from GENESIS to do that, compared to the Death Star's 1 shot. Granted, the first shot would wipe out most (if not all) life on Earth). Also, I know other reviewers have pointed out the weapons differences, but I believe Gundam SEED beam weapons are basically over-sized Star Wars blasters (I'm not too sure about how Star Wars lasers work though, I'm pretty sure they're different).

In any event, it should be VERY interesting to see how well the (UNshielded) TIEs will do against Gundam SEED CIWS, lol (particularly since the Lancer-class ships (used by the Empire of course) were practically the only Star Wars ships designed to deal with fighters XD)

As I said, this fic clearly has a LOT of potential (a lot of crossovers do, but that potential can be hard for a lot of authors to reach), and I honestly hope you continue this fic.

Wraith Five
2/18/2011 c1 toby
Great

But do not forget that the tech in Starwars are more Advanced,so Gundam,s weapons,s will not ignore the force field and Armor or Star wars,s ships.

I hope you update this and your other stories SulliMike23.
4/13/2010 c1 41Patriot-112
Please do continue, you gave me good credit for my Revisioned Version of Nation of the Ice, I'll give you credit for doing a good job with this one. Keep it up!
4/2/2010 c1 11Mathiasosx
interesting start would like to see more to be able to give a better opinion
10/1/2009 c1 5exillion
erm...no. Just no.
9/8/2009 c1 JC
this have Great Potential.

I hope you will try to balance this story.No side is entire good or evil,I think it,s up too person.

You need to update soon,maybe the Impirals come back it will be at the start of destiny.
9/6/2009 c1 Gaby
great

I hope some one will make a crossover with Star wars:Clone wars.
7/9/2009 c1 7I-don't-know-my-name4
Inetresting, I like your idea. Update soon.
6/14/2009 c1 Katosuki
Keep it up!
4/7/2009 c1 13p17oyDONju9n
I never read your old story but what you have right now is a good start of something epic...As much technologically advanced the star wars universe is...it could learn a thing or two from the Gundam Seed universe...perhaps even incorporating the best part of the Genesis into a Death Star I or something along those lines and if Zavan markets the idea right then it's a sure thing that it would be approved by the Emperor immediately...Anyway eventually the empire will make some kind of prototype and perhaps test the Empire MS on some hot spot at home and if anything instead of stealing the plans have some rebels steal an actual unit you can have a whole story arc telling that tale...But anyway good job and keep up the good work and I'm looking forward to the next chapter
4/2/2009 c1 5BlackGatchaman
This looks like it could become a very awesome story! A fleet of TIE Gundams - now thats artwork. I can't wait to read more!
3/13/2009 c1 16animefan29
Pretty good start. I liked how you started Zavan's investigation of Earth earlier and how you made a comparison between Star Wars weapons and mobile suits.

However I didn't get quite the same feeling of Zavan being a major believer and follower of Imperial doctrine as the first shot at this story. I mean a war on genetics could be something Zavan understands since one of the major principles of the Imperial doctrine is human superiority, which is a belief that humans are mentally, socially, philosophically, and genetically.

Also I agree with Tellemicus Sundance about there being a good chance that the Rebels will catch wind of any new major Imperial military project. I mean their spies were able to discover the first and second death star, not too mention the Dark Trooper project, the Imperials experimental starfighter testing field, and other similar military projects. I will admit that they didn't learn everything but what they didn't learn about was usually under the direct supervision of either the Emperor or one of his better Grand Admirals like Thrawn.

Also I bring a bit of disagreement to the table about the comparative destructive potential of the Death Star and Genesis. Ultimately the Death Star is more destructive because it can blow up an entire planet as well as significantly damage if not destroy anything within the planet's blast radius. However the Genesis is more efficient and is better for dealing with incoming space fleets. I mean the Second Death Star could only shoot one capital ship at a time while the Genesis destroyed everything in the path of its considerably wider beam.

Also one thing I have been meaning to talk to you about is a line from your last story which said that a mobile suits beam rifle could only get off 6 to 7 shots a minuet. I don't think that is true. If you study the rate of fire from a mobile suits beam rifle you'll notice it can get a shot off about every other second so I would estimate that a standard mobile suit beam rifle can shoot about 20 to 35 shots a minute, and that's just from a single beam rifle, that number double if they are using two. Also it should be noted that several mobile suits have weapons that sacrifice power in each individual beam in order to increase rate of fire, such as the CAT-X Hyperion's beam sub-machine gun, the Hydra Gatling cannons on the ZAKU's Slash Wizard pack, and the Dauphnir quadruple barrel beam guns which are attached to the GOUF Ignited's forearms.

However beam weapons such as a beam rifle can be a major drain on the battery if used excessively which is why most MS pilots focus more on being accurate with fewer shots then on rate of fire. That is also why ZAFT implements a new power pack to be used on their ZAKU's beam rifles, so they don't drain the MS's battery.

The laser cannon's of the Star Wars starfigher are similar but are a bit faster to get a shot off. Also most starfighters have multiple cannons which are usually set to a staggered rate of fire, meaning one cannon shoots then the other then the first again, which creates the continuous stream of laser energy. Although this seems to be an adjustable option so the cannons can be set to fire at the same time making their shots slightly slower but usually have twice the punch if not more. It also seems that for a starfighter a single shot from their cannons is negligible to their starfighter's energy output so they don't have to be as frugal as an MS pilot. Finally because of the energy deflector shields and the durasteel armor of starfighters it usually takes a few shots to get through. Actually it takes a few shots to get through a shield, durasteel however can survive one or two glancing shots which will only leave a portion of the hull melted but it can't survive a direct hit especially if it hits some critical equipment.

Well if you need help with anything or information from the expanded Star Wars universe or from the parts of Gundam Seed Destiny you didn't see, or Gundam Seed Astray which are side stories from from the Gundam Seed universe, feel free to ask me.
17 Page 1 2 Next »