for Persuaded Heart

9/20/2020 c1 81forcverandalways
Oh gosh, my heart is broken. I am trying so hard not to cry as I am in the presence of family. This is amazing, however sad. Amazing, amazing job x
6/18/2018 c1 Guest
This was amazing!
7/22/2013 c1 Maybloom
Ohh... that is so heartbreaking!
I wish to hear more of you! :)
12/7/2010 c1 Cef
Wow. This was a great read :)
6/30/2010 c1 1Xari
Oh, how beautiful and heartbreaking! You did a phenomenal job of capturing the indecision and heartbreak of Anne and the anger and sorrow of Frederick. Superb one-shot!
4/12/2009 c1 33Heptagon
Wonderful story! So sad and emotional and well-written. :) You gave a very good account of her inner struggle of the time, as her own heart and instincts battled against the advice of Lady Russell.

I think I found a spelling mistake, in the paragraph starting with "Mr Wentworth agreed, bowed to..." in the sentence "Anne might now have listened to her father so seriously", I think it should be 'might not have listened'.

Anyway, I just finished reading the book about an hour ago, and I'm still a bit undecided if Anne listening to Lady Russell was a good thing or not. Anne (or Austen) seems to think it is, giving the moral that one should listen to their parents (or at least people who are older and wiser and love them) even though they might be wrong. It's a good advice on one hand, and Anne was young at the time, and even though she turned out to be a better judge of character than Lady Russell, how could she have known it at the time? So perhaps she really was right in doing so. But I remain unsure, to a certain degree.

As to the kissing part, with all the things that seemed to be improper at the time, I wonder how people managed to kiss at all. Or perhaps all that was improper, was improper just in public. ;)

Anyway, once again, great story. Thanks for writing this. :)
3/21/2009 c1 13Kaya Nah
This was one great oneshot! :D The quality of your writing increases everyday it seems! :) It makes me want to read more stuff from Jane Austen, that's for sure. :)

Thank sweetie for sharing your wonderful ideas with us, readers. :D

Oh and if it was not already obvious: I loved it! XD

*hugs*

Kaya
3/20/2009 c1 83ChocolateIsMyDrug
Thank you for this - you addressed something I have often wondered about; the thing that is, IMO, the only plothole in Persuasion. Why couldn't Anne and Frederick have had a long engagement, and waited to marry after the war was over? You answered this beautifully. I adored this story - please write more Persuasion stuff!

LOL... I beg to differ on the P07 kiss - I thought it was awful. For literally 25 seconds we're shown Anne's gaping, saliva-filling mouth, as Wentworth leaves her hanging. We don't get a single shot of Wentworth's face, and the actual kiss lasts for all of two seconds. The kiss at the very end is far better, IMO.
3/20/2009 c1 15ILoveTea
I never able to write about how they broke up. It's just too sad for me. But I like your story, though :)
3/20/2009 c1 17kriitikko
Yes, maybe I should be more familiar with the book or at least have seen that 2007 version to be more into this, but the writting was good and I love how you can put the kind of costume drama era feeling to your stories. So good work, once again.
3/19/2009 c1 64Eyes-of-Pearl
oh what agony. the last scene simply broke my heart. great job with this one shot.
3/18/2009 c1 Mary Simonsen
Very well written and entirely plausible. I think you captured the young Anne's turmoil and a realistic response by Capt. Wentworth.
3/18/2009 c1 kapiolani
good story - and it actually left me loathing anne! that said, it may be because i think if RPJ in the 2007 version of persuasion and think - who cares that he'll be gone or that he doesn't have money, HE IS GORGEOUS!

hope to see you writing more persuasion ff's :) it is my very fave JA novel.