for Family Album

7/12/2019 c1 10jcott3
Interesting look into Mr. DePinna, as what little backstory there is on him in the play was he came to deliver the ice (there were no electric refrigerators then - you had an "icebox" and every week, a man would deliver a huge block of ice to put in it to keep everything inside cold) and was invited to stay, as the milkman who had been living there had just died. I always figured DePinna would wind up with Gay Wellington, but it would not surprise me if he married Olga Katrina as a "citizenship marriage" deal, then the two came to know and love each other.
4/11/2019 c5 Guest
Can you make one about Donald and Rheba?
11/8/2018 c4 6kenzieq15
This shows exactly the personality of them! We are doing this show and I got cast as Penny. It's been a great experience
5/5/2016 c2 Guest
This is awesome! Who were you playing as? I'm literally backstage of our show right now reading this.

-Wilbur C. Henderson
10/12/2015 c1 Anthony
I LOVE THIS
11/17/2013 c5 Bread
These were so adorable.

Though it bothered me how De Pinna and Ed knew the family when they were younger. It was implied in the play that Ed married Essie shortly after meeting the family "he came to dinner once and just... stayed", and that Mr. De Pinna was a stranger until 8 years before the play.

Still, strict constructionism is boring. Thumbs up.
7/19/2013 c1 1Silver Sparrow 86
Its cool that you started writing one about You Can't Take it With You! :D I played Alice last fall when our school performed it, and it was really fun!
2/27/2013 c1 Rumblefan
I just finished reading this play, and I loved it! Essie and Ed are my favorite. I absolutely loved your chapter about them! Great story! Keep writing!

-Rumblefan
10/5/2011 c4 9Snooze Button
:D This was so cute! I love the Paul-Penny chapter, it was adorable and made me giggle :) I'm playing Penny in my high school's upcoming performance of the show and I really like how your wrote her! Oh and for some reason my entire cast thinks that the romance is between De Pinna and Gay, but i think De Pinna- Olga's nice, too. What part did you play when your school did YCTiWY?
6/23/2011 c4 6Dark Metal Queen
I love it and the other chapters. My school did this play two years ago and I loved being in it. Hope you do another one. :)
4/14/2011 c4 Ginger-Menace
Oh my god, I love this little collection of oneshots! So cute! Our school performed this play not too long ago and I was the Grand Duchess. Now I can't stop imagining me in her shoes and our DePinna as the one in your oneshots. xD Either way, I love your writing style. Very good. Fair amount of details, good grammar, no OOC-ness, etc. Great job! :D *slaps gold star of approval on*
3/30/2011 c5 1Merry Poppins
I played Essie last year with the PERFECT Ed (we were told we were an "infamous pair"). I adored this story, especially the Carmichael chapter, of course. ;) Sorry to have caught it so late in the game!
3/17/2011 c4 TheShyKid
I'm playing Paul in my school's production, opening in about a month. My ex-girlfriend is playing Penny. Should be interesting, eh?

Anyway, I LOVED this chapter. Reminds me of when we were together. 3 Well done, extremely cute.
8/12/2010 c5 4neville 2.0
Yay Kolenkhov! (Though that wasn't nearly enough. Still very funny). I'm very excited about the kid situation as well. Penny will be so happy!

Of course, that leads to the thought about who will have enough concentration to care for a baby... but I suppose Alice and Essie made it. Let's just hope that Kolenkhov gets a hold of the child to teach ballet before Essie does...

Thanks for the great stories, and wonderful memories.
8/12/2010 c4 neville 2.0
Definitely my favourite so far. My girlfriend played Penny in the play. The suggestion part was great, and the lesson and love between the two was very heartwarming. Great job!
29 Page 1 2 Next »