for Family Album

8/12/2010 c3 4neville 2.0
Hmmm... It's amazing that your description of the characters matches our cast so well. Except for Grandpa, seeing as we had a Grandma. For that reason, this one didn't impact me as well, I think. Grandpa doesn't seem as real as the others. Ha, in the play, we had Grandma name the snake Henderson. That got a laugh. Still, I like how well your history ties into the story. Well done!
8/12/2010 c2 neville 2.0
Aww... this one's so very sweet, somehow. My only concern is that, lacking a Kolenkhov in this chapter, he will be absent from the rest! The titles don't seem to imply any Kolenkhov. Very sweet, however.
8/12/2010 c1 neville 2.0
Wow, this is nice. I really really like it. Great backstory for DePinna. Oh I miss this play, back when I was the Great Boris Kolenkhov...

Very well characterized, in short, and well appreciated.
7/25/2010 c1 48Dreamer1985
this was real sweet. I liked it.
7/24/2009 c1 4ThriLLer89
hehe, good job! I loved that play. I played Mrs.Kirby my senior year XD
7/14/2009 c1 fhsgouurwhfsjkv235
First, I have to say that the fact that anybody wrote a fanfic a out this play completely made my day! I love this play; it's completely genius.

More Importantly, the DePinna/ Olga ship is awesome; I don't know why I didn't see it before! And your fanfic was very well written; clean, logical, and adorable =D
6/29/2009 c5 17Queen of Cliffies
I played Penny earlier this year in my high school's production (and our drama teacher's last at our school) and I love the little snippets on their lives that you've added on to here. I miss the play and the characters dearly so it was nice to see some more character development done on them here.
6/19/2009 c5 Panic of Dreams
I was in the show last summer, I played Rheba, and I absolutely love that you wrote this and I hope that you write more on the other characters.
5/15/2009 c1 4PensiveGirl
this is cool! i saw the play a couple years ago when my grandmother was mrs. kirby! it was hilarious...
4/28/2009 c1 GrayStudios
Interesting. I played DePinna my freshman year (last year), and its interesting where you go with this. I suppose there is an implied romance between DePinna and the Duchess, and it would be interesting to see that. I also liked how you noted his feelings toward Penny, as that would explain his reasoning for their friendship, and his friendship with Paul. I wonder if there was ever any tension between Paul and DePinna on that matter. I wish I had noticed the DePinna x Penny potential sooner, as the actress that played Penny is now my girlfriend. Interesting how plays do that, huh?
4/18/2009 c1 4julie1237xbones12
This is nice. I'm glad someone finally wrote something about this play!
4/17/2009 c3 6Gracie Facie
My school did a performance of You Can't Take it With You just last month, and all my friends were in it! Even through a scheduling problem that kept me from participating in the role I had originally been given, I still enjoyed the play to the fullest extent-it is truly a masterpiece, so comical.

anywho, I wanted to tell you that your stories make me smile-please keep writing!
3/24/2009 c1 14writingtiger
Wow! I actually loved this! I played Essie in my high schools production sr. year (btw, our Penny DID have honey brown curls - no lie!), so this story gave me a wave of nostalgia there. :)I really hope you don't end it here. I would love to see your take on some of the other characters.
3/23/2009 c1 120WindowChild
This fic is really good! I've never actually seen the play version of You Can't Take it With You, but I love the movie to death and assume they're pretty similar. Anyway, great job and I love the way you depicted the characters!
29 « Prev Page 1 2