for My Fair Lover

3/18/2018 c1 Guest
This is very beautiful. I played Mrs. Higgins in a production of MFL, and I really think you got the characters down pat. Very well done.
3/31/2015 c2 29Emily McCartney
Quite "loverly". I enjoyed it immensely.
9/12/2014 c2 yetanotherelizabeth
The references! You're a genius! And a fantastic writer. This rocks.
10/9/2012 c1 49cilepe
I would pay to see Henry Higgins wandering about in tie-dye and barefoot listening to the Beatles. :)
10/17/2011 c1 57FlashFiction
I ADORE the fact that you named the children after significant people from My Fair Lady!
7/20/2011 c1 12Loonynamelass
Cute. And poor, poor Freddy. To me, the only fault of MFL was the ending... but anyway, I like your story a lot, and it does seem to represent the best-case scenario of their dysfunctional relationship.

Though the years seem terrible. He 121 when she is 89 means that he's 32 years older than her. If she were 20 when they met, he would have been 52 (not that I recall the exact age, though; my experience with the musical has only been to see it once)... Egads.
4/12/2011 c2 sash queen of the jungle
Tweaked but still a lovely story. Thanks for writing and sharing.
4/12/2011 c1 sash queen of the jungle
Oh that was beautiful. Four children out of wed lock? Was that because of eliza s class or because Henry was a confirmed old bacholar? Can't wait to read more.
2/12/2011 c2 52Rye-bread
still good
6/22/2010 c2 9MeadowLark4491
I only have two things to say: 1) I loved this take on their relationship. and 2) well chosen on the names for the children, and grandchildren though my favorites are the great-grandchildren. Leslie Howard gets so little recognitiona dn the nod to the original myth with Galatea was effective. Well done. I enjoyed it.
5/18/2010 c1 8Acelinn
I enjoyed this story; I always felt that the ending of My Fair Lady was kept open to deliberately entice individual opinion. Its perfect for fanfic writers, in other words. ;) I loved, particularly, how you said they were never married. Perfect. In some ways, I imagine them married, because of Henry and his tight-sphincter ways, but then his fear of commitment makes that element perfect, as well as the last line. Perfect.

Acelinn.

PS- I enjoyed the names of the children. ;D Very clever.
5/13/2010 c1 1BwayBndMthWz07
I know you wrote this over a year ago, but it's really good! Now I want to read about their life as it's happening. Keep writing!
4/1/2010 c1 1Sadie McKee
Great job! This is so sweet :) I smiled at the last line, because it fits so perfectly well.
3/31/2010 c1 HermioneLennon
Aww. Sweet. Really sweet. ;) Great job!
3/29/2010 c1 25Alianne Potter-Black
i loved it! it was just loverly!
20 Page 1 2 Next »