for Not Broken

5/23/2013 c1 76MissScorp
I really found this fic enjoyable and you nailed the characters perfectly I think. I especially love the explanation that you gave, how it plays into the thoughts and feelings Dean already has and explains why in a way that feels plausible. Great job :)
10/16/2012 c1 46T.L. Arens
Good coda! Really liked your clean, easy-to-read descriptions and you masterfully pulled off the characters. The narration was also well written. I will always wish that Season 4 had given us more visual input as to what Dean went through. I know it was so hard for him to push all that pain away. but I don't think it will ever leave him for as long as he lives. It's a scar permanently imprinted on his soul.
Thank you for the story. :)
12/19/2011 c1 9Char-chan
very inspiring speech ^^ great job!
6/24/2009 c1 8cornev
WOW this fic was awesome! It had been bothering me that Cas said the angels laid seige to Hell to get Dean to prevent the first seal from being opened but made no mention of them doing the same for John when he was supposed to be 'The righteous man'. It kind of left us implying they knew John would never break and the way I see it, no way was Dean weaker than John. I just told myself that John must have known what was at stake so he managed to hold on for that reason but I like your explanation much better! Thanks for posting this. And so beautifully written too. Great work. -Corrie
4/23/2009 c1 23DJ Sparkles
Very touching, very well written story. Kudos to you!
4/13/2009 c1 6Kit turned Mighty
This was great~! Wonderful job! This seems very plausible- I would be glad if that really happened, just because it would make Dean feel better about his position... Although he'd probably go on brooding about how his dad was righteous. =_= Dean is so tricky.

But yeah, great job! I loved it! d-(^_~)z
4/12/2009 c1 324Tribble Master
i like that explanation. it makes dean a better person.
4/11/2009 c1 9Linnie McCary
GREAT way to explain John's "surviving" Hell-I'm so grateful for it! Also, I really appreciated how truly angelic Castiel's thoughts are in your fic...you kept him in canon-character wonderfully. Thanks so much for sharing.
4/11/2009 c1 timetowaste247
I really like this angle on why John didn't break in hell.
4/10/2009 c1 Lamarquise
Sorry, but I'm afraid I didn't quite buy your premise. I don't see how it would be comforting for Dean to think of his father as broken. If John had broken, he would have been essentially demonic by the time the boys saw him in AHBL 2. The demons would have taken great pleasure in reducing him to their own evil level, as much to torture his sons as him. At the least, John would have been in the same state Dean was. He didn't appear to be so at all. It's also hard to see how he would have even had the will to escape the Devil's Gate if he was truly broken. John was damaged, perhaps, but all the evidence I can see is that he didn't really break. And though Dean might have felt horribly inadequate in comparison, wouldn't he really rather believe that his Dad stayed essentially who he was? That at least the demons never managed to make John something unrecognizable and evil?
4/10/2009 c1 6Nathalie Andrews
Nice little episode tag!

You do a great Castiel.

That question is really valid. Will Sam be the end of them all?

;)
4/10/2009 c1 22SomethingWcked123
I like that explanation of why Dean broke but John didn't. Good story.
4/10/2009 c1 masondixon
Glad to have another story from you. An interesting take on why John held out so long in hell and Dean was not able to. Makes sense. For Dean is definitely a righteous man. I do believe that in the end Sam will be right alongside Dean no matter how much darkness and pain has to come to get there. I don't know exactly where the story is going with Sam's powers but I know that Sam's heart is in the right place and that will put him on the right side at the end. Thanks for your story.