for The Right Name

10/11/2016 c1 24KendrixTermina
I think you captured Archer's tone pretty nicely.
8/19/2015 c1 Peter
Spock never served under Captain April though. He was no more than 15 when the ship was launched. He came aboard as a Lieutenant under Chris Pike. Otherwise this is really good.
8/9/2014 c1 NeverTooMuchInspiration
Nicely put together. A lot of the history between Enterprise and the Original Series is a bit foggy. It is always ironic the 2000s styled original Enterprise being the prequel to the 60s styled Enterprise that always looks the less modern of the two.
7/11/2012 c1 1Cyrannus
Say... this looks familiar... like from The Next Generation or something... (just poking at you)
6/11/2012 c1 405the stargate time traveller
reminds me of McCoy saying the thing to Data. I can see that in this era easily.
4/21/2011 c1 djhardim
Good. Spock's rank is too high though. At the very most he would have been an Ensign. More than likely he was a midshipman temporarily assigned to the Enterprise during its shakedown cruise.
2/7/2011 c1 Ster J
You did Gene Roddenberry proud by using his first choice for the captain's name (Robert April) (until he got that fool idea that a name containing a /k/ sound was a stronger name: Kirk, Spock, McCoy, Scotty, Chekov, Picard, Riker, Sisko, Crusher, to name a few!)
6/30/2010 c1 13CynthiaW
I found your final author's note interesting. I accept the idea of Captain April commanding the Enterprise, but a few things bothered me. One fact I recall from the Original Series is that Spock first served on the Enterprise under Captain Pike.

According to the Star Trek Chronology, the Enterprise was first launched under Captain Robert April in 2245, when Spock was fifteen. Spock entered the Academy in 2249. Christopher Pike took command of the Enterprise in 2251, and Spock joined the crew as science officer the following year and served with Pike for eleven years (two five-year missions with a one-year hiatus for refit). Spock graduated from Starfleet Academy in 2253, having served with Pike for his last year at the Academy. James Kirk became captain of the Enterprise in 2263. The Original Series covered the years 2265 to 2269.
10/21/2009 c1 22NightWatcher666
You hit the nail pretty well, the only issue I saw was Archer died the day after the launch of 1701. Very nice though.
9/22/2009 c1 4Astra Leo
Great story. If you haven't seen the new Star Trek Movie (you might want to rent it..since it's coming to DVD soon) Live Long And Prosper!
9/22/2009 c1 Cynthia
Cool story. It was a very touching tribute to the Starships Enterprise. However, one little canon detail you might have forgotten is that Spock isn't proved to have served under Captain April. Spock is only shown to have served on the Enterprise initially under Captain Christopher Pike. He was Pike's science officer for eleven years. Spock was likely assigned to the Enterprise right out of Starfleet Academy. I understand why you made the changes you did. I just thought you should know about another canon issue Star Trek fans argue about. The pasts of the various characters are among those issues. Great story anyway.
7/12/2009 c1 25Fantasyfan4ever
Wow, what a captivating oneshot. You did a great job depicting the interaction between Archer and Spock. I also liked the Hoshi cameo; she's my favorite character from Ent. Lovely writing and great characterization; well done!
7/5/2009 c1 eagle219406
I would like to say that this is a good story. But I don't think SPock would have been on the Enterprise during April's Command. Spock was not that old, he would have been a child during that time.
5/11/2009 c1 JEREMY
In light of the TOTALLY AWESOME NEW "STAR TREK" MOVIE,this angle would be very interesting as,say,a flashback sequence in a possible sequel. On the other hand, make it a short story for a graphic novel. It would look better that way.
5/9/2009 c1 andromeda1701
Excellent! I enjoyed that very much; I even got a little misty-eyed. Good job.
19 Page 1 2 Next »