for What'd You Get?

5/7/2009 c1 Sarah
Punch in the gutt that last line. I figure Sam and Dean could have lived with John being a rotten neglectful parent if they don't know he could do better. Makes you wanna bring Papa Winchester back to life so you could kick his rear for it, huh?
5/4/2009 c1 seisy
Well now you've done it. I managed to get through the actual episode without too much emotional damage, but now I just want to go jump off a bridge or something. ;) Despite that, I must admit this was a well-written piece.
5/2/2009 c1 bosia-cheng
after watching419,that hell is not poor of JOHN.
5/1/2009 c1 marie
great piece! you capture dean's voice well. haunting closing line.
4/29/2009 c1 7KateCyrus
Nice tag- like that you had Dean share this with Castiel.

"But hey, at least your Father still needs me so I’m not totally worthless.” - this was a great line!
4/28/2009 c1 hermitme
This was totally heartbreaking and why do I also believe it would be true if Dean and Cas did talk? Oh Dean. :(

Great job, and here I am needing to work and heartbroken instead. :)
4/28/2009 c1 gatorpez
That was great! I love the ending, but I also love how you have Dean say he wasn't jealous, that Adam was John's son and deserved to get what he did from John. I don't think Dean was jealous, but he was disappointed and bitter (which I think some fans on some boards are confusing with jealousy).

Dean did what he does best - he tried to protect his family and he included Adam in that.

Damn you, John. Oh Dean.
4/27/2009 c1 10teal-lover
you know, that was heartbreaking the way you laid out for us, but so true. they couldn't have cast john in a worse light, and now sam too since he's apparently just like him.
4/27/2009 c1 2LisaSaurusRex
I am supposed to be sleeping right now because I have school tomorrow and if my mom found out I was not sleeping, that's not a good thing! BUT I found this fic and I was like OMG I HAVE TO READ IT! and now I read it. and now I am sitting in my chair going AH because I LOVED it so SO much that I wana go and read it again! I am seriously going to read it again. The last words :'( brought me a tear. DEAN! AWW DEAN! WHY DO YOU HAVE SO MUCH PAIN! I wana hug! *lisa hugs dean* thank you for posting this :D because now i can go to sleep knowing i just read a great fanfic! :D POOR DEAN!
4/27/2009 c1 5GeekGirlNicole
Wow, that was beautiful!

Very well written, in character and heartbreaking.

Loved it.

-Nicole
4/27/2009 c1 Tanya13
aw man, this was so sad, i'm practically crying. you got all of Dean's pent up emotions spot on. damn, i'm a bit depressed now for a character!

great one-shot though!
4/27/2009 c1 dealingdreams5
this was so heartbreaking but so well written :)

i really could see a scene like this on the show.
4/27/2009 c1 16Zatnikatel
Oh, this is so bittersweet. Really beautiful pickup of Dean's jealousy warring with his need to protect the 'new' brother, as we saw in the episode. These bits particularly:

'He taught me to drive the Impala before I was even a teen just in case he was too torn up to drive. He taught me to play poker and pool so I could hustle cash for food, gas, and ammo. He taught Adam to drive the Impala… because he was old enough to get a learner’s permit and to play cards and pool for fun—just to do something with…his…son.'

And:

'Cas, GhoulAdam told me that for Adam’s fourteenth birthday Dad took him to a ball game. He asked me what I got for mine. You want to know what I got for my fourteenth birthday?'

Castiel nodded once.

'I got forgotten.'

Just incredible. Races to favorite this, stat!
4/27/2009 c1 9Mandy543
Wow, this was such a great story! I love the way you really captured Dean's sadness. I especially loved the last line when he asked Castiel what he had received for his fourteenth birthday.

"I got forgotten."

:( I just wanted to hug Dean right then and there.
4/27/2009 c1 red.estelle
ouch. oh, dean.

right on the money this, you nailed their voices. a brilliant, and just, coda. bravo!
47 « Prev Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »