for What'd You Get?

4/27/2009 c1 33flavumetrubrum
Wow, this is amazing. You did a great job capturing Dean's emotions, both new and old. Great job!
4/27/2009 c1 marchforward
That was incredibly satisfying - in a tearfilled, angst ridden way! You captured the character beautifully. I'm going to go read everything else you've written now. There had better be more stories, otherwise you had better get busy writing!
4/27/2009 c1 Elekiz
It's basically what we all thought would happen at the end of the episode, but actually didn't.

Thanks for writing it so perfectly in character.

The 'being a weapon' thing... awesome!

Thanks again!
4/27/2009 c1 69Touch of the Wind
Such a sad ending...this was a wonderful oneshot...Castiel trying so hard to make Dean feel better...
4/27/2009 c1 26CryingAlice
Impressive. Very realistic. It's more or less what I thought Dean might be feeling during the episode. I loved it, thank you for posting.
4/26/2009 c1 66Nalana
I...need to thank you.

"Do you know what I got on my fourteenth birthday? I got forgotten."

That...pretty much describes my life. I'm a backwards Adam, if you will. Cas' words...they just remind me way too much of my mum's to be comfortable. But it's necessary. All the pain you've described from Dean...It's just, what I've been trying to come to terms with as to why that episode hurt so much.

I hadn't been able to put it into words.

You did. Thanks.
4/26/2009 c1 Eeyore08
This hurt like a punch in the gut. I was hoping someone would write something like this and I think you nailed everything Dean was thinking towards John, towards Adam and towards God. Great job.
4/26/2009 c1 4alwaysateen
I'm feeling so terribly for Dean since Thursday night... How his life was so unfair! How come John had time for a ball game with Adam but not with Dean and Sam? What? One day of pure fun and family would've kill his family? People would've die but not while he was with Adam? He must've think that it was too late for his older sons but not Adam. Still I'm so mad with John right now! And feeling so sad for Dean who had lost his childhood...
4/26/2009 c1 deanfan
wow this was amazing!

really touching...
4/26/2009 c1 staceycj
oh my good lord that was awesome.
4/26/2009 c1 Master Li
This is a beautiful story. Such powerful emotion I feel so bad for Dean. The last line really made me tear up. I could see this happening after the episode. Poor Dean, he really seemed to have lost the last bit of faith he had in his father in this episode. Awesome tag!
4/26/2009 c1 73Sue Pokorny
This was wonderful. Exactly how I believe Dean would handle it. Alone. As much as he may want to hate Adam for the getting the John that was denied him and Sam, he can't. I love that you acknowledged that. Don't get me wrong, I do like john. He was is a terrible position with his wife dead, two young kids to take care of and knowing her death wasn't normal. He did do the best he could, but along the way, he allowed himself to become more of a soldier than parent. He wanted to redeem himself with Adam, and ironically, that's what killed him. Dean would feel that loss more than Sam even tho it was Sam who got closer to ghoul-adam. And sitting alone in a dark, empty lot with a six pack would be a fitting way to say goodbye to the father he never knew and the brother he never will. nicely done.

Sue
4/26/2009 c1 Endgame65
This was a really good scene. I was expecting something the lines of this, but they never had the scene. Thanks for writing.
4/26/2009 c1 4Alliehalliwell
It's so heartbreaking 'cause we know its true. Love that Cas was trying to make him feel better. But I think that when Dean's mission for God is done he'll be left once again...poor Dean.
4/26/2009 c1 nannon