for Demon Hunter

6/29/2009 c9 3theplaidsheep
I think perhaps that it's a tribute your writing skills that you've not only made me consider Talim and Taki as a pairing but made it a completely viable one as well, and I can't wait to see how it evolves!

Your descriptive prose is wonderful, setting the scene quite vividly without it become cumbersome or dense and your characterisation feels spot on. I'm also very taken with the mythological imagery you employ, Taki as Kali: wonderful! And Yoshimitsu as Charon, fantastic!:D. I can't wait to read more!
6/28/2009 c7 Rain54
What an action packed chapter! Yoshimitsu's debut was a nice surprise and you got his character right. The essence of betrayal and conspiracy against different ninja clans were very well captured. That was such a treacherous landscape you put Talim through, very intense, lucky she had the wind on her side. Wonder if Taki would be able follow her too afterwards. I like your depiction of Geki's twisted soul and his thirst for revenge. Six against one even for Taki would be quite challenging, given that they're all Fumas. Good thing I don't have to wait to read chapter 8 :)
6/28/2009 c9 11arashi-enkou
...

ho. ly. shiz.

My god, this was an absolutely fabulous chapter. Again, your version of Yoshimitsu, as well as the entire Gate system and supernatural elements are utterly amazing. You displayed your talent of description exceptionally well here.

(Had to resist shouting "RING OUT" when Yoshimitsu fell off the raft though. XD)

And bravo with describing the inner workings of Soul Calibur, and thus bringing more distance between Talim and Taki.

And the *ending*, ye gods, the *ending!* Talim's doubt in the Wind after being with Taki was a bit heartbreaking, actually, because it was like seeing a best friend of yours stranded without anything *solid* or real to believe in, y'know...

Agh, dunno how to describe it really, but I teared up and almost "No"'d with Taki. XD;

Your writing is beautiful and addictive and I seriously can't wait for the next chapter. :3
6/28/2009 c9 352Major Mike Powell III

This was interesting!

Ah! So the ferry man was Yoshimitsu! LOL

Man, that was a pretty cool fight scene.

And...dude...what the HELL was that...that thing at the gate? (Blinks) That was some weird sht right there. LMAO

And...what? Taki took Soul Edge? DAMN!

So, Talim's the bearer of Soul Calibur. Let's hope she can save Taki...well, that is...if she survived the fall.

I'm intrigued, marine.

Nice work. Keep it up.

6/28/2009 c9 549yellow 14
Very good, keep updating.
6/20/2009 c8 11arashi-enkou
gdsjfhbgjfdsg how much can I say this chapter rocked? BECAUSE IT DID. And yey for Mina being introduced as a...spirit guide of all things~! X3

I love how Mina's character is written; there are so many great lines in this, I can't say which is my favorite. Seriously, loving your Mina, she's hilarious~~!

Showing off Taki's darker nature was brilliant and appropriate and very...Taki. I guess. Idk. XD

THE FERRYMAN FREAKED ME OUT UGH. And the ending was very ominous, and yet another cliffhanger. Curse you. XDD

So yes, this story just gets better and better. Keep it up~
6/20/2009 c8 549yellow 14
Loved it, keep updating
6/20/2009 c8 352Major Mike Powell III
Well, well, soldier...

Hoo-rrah! First review, btches!

Now...THIS was interesting!

Quite a lot happenin' here.

I totally LOL-ed at Mina's out-of-body experience with Talim. LOL

Yep, plenty of lizard men. LMAO

And Taki was just bada(ss)! She totally PWN3D! Geki. ROFL The poor bastard.

And the ending was pretty damn freaky...and kinda scary, really! ROFLMAO

So, nice, very nice work, marine. Keep it up.

Though I'd appreciate a bit more of Talim/Taki FLUFF, if possible. That'd be N-I-Ce!

6/17/2009 c1 Lili Christophe
Darn...How can I miss such a great story? This is well-written and the couple of choice is really unique. Hreat job. :)
6/14/2009 c7 549yellow 14
A very good cliffy. Keep updating
6/13/2009 c7 5My Imagination Died
Well, the standard of your writing is excellent! Truly, there's alot I could learn from reading your stuff. In saying that...

I got abit confused between five and six. You ended five with Talim preparing to fight Taki at the second gate, but in chapter six, they're sailing down a raft. Maybe I'm looking at this from the wrong angle(at 2 in the morning), but it seems like something important should've happened between those two chapters...
6/12/2009 c7 352Major Mike Powell III
Well, well, soldier...

Like Arashi Enkou said, the shit's hittin' the fan, eh?

Add more bodies to the pile. LOL

Total Ninja Action! LMAO Nice.

But too bad ya didn't describe the ensuing fight between Taki and all the other ninjas.

And DAMN! Ya caught me off-guard when Taki put her blade to Talim's throat! Geez, now THAT'S how you show LOEV! ROFL

Oh, and you totally got Yoshimitsu. He's hilarious.

Nice work so far, marine.

6/12/2009 c7 11arashi-enkou
Well, shit's just hitting the fan now ain't it. Ahh, you've written Yoshimitsu in the best possible way, thank you thank you. XD

I admire your talent for writing fight scenes and creating drama. My jaw dropped when Taki almost betrayed Talim, I shit you not. Still a brilliant piece of work, can't wait until an update.
6/11/2009 c6 Rain54
I definitely get the sense of adventure from this chapter! The tension and the gravity of the situation while they were on the boat feels real, it flows effortlessly from a peaceful journey to a perilous situation within moments. Enjoyed their earlier banter about Taki's personal life, the kunoichi's particular remark about Talim's 'intactness' was very amusing.

Taki's secret is finally out :) this one was quite unexpected although had a feeling it will involve someone's death, but not this one. It surely brings a new light on her motivation. The story of her deceased child serves as a good plot point, but somewhat feels almost fairytale-like (perhaps Taki's idealised view on it?). But it's interesting how she remarked there was only two of them and she couldn't get help,it almost seem like she could not afford to leave the place for some reason.

Talim and Taki's closeness at the end had more impact on me than the story of the child - perhaps because I didn't feel much connection with her compared to the two main characters. No Kleenex for me yet :p

As for the word mummy - I'm no Japanese but I think the closest one is Okaa-san, you can look it up here:

/ency/o/okaasan.htm

the web's quite accurate imho.

As always, look forward to the next one!
6/5/2009 c6 arashi-enkou
Well well well! I'm glad I took your advice and broke out the Kleenex.

Half angsty-fluff, half action; just what one expects from this story.

Something I love about this story is the dialouge. It's formal and enchanting. It also shows Talim's maturity (or perhaps false maturity?).

Most of all, I love how you've shown character growth for the both of them, something very hard to do with the SC Cast. Bravo.
65 « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 .. Last Next »