for Demon Hunter

4/29/2009 c1 5RavenGhost
Aww...Taki made Talim cry. ;_; (Talim's my favoirte Soul Calibur character) But I'm liking the idea you've got going here! I eagerly await the next chapter!
4/28/2009 c1 Rain54
I thought at first what an unusual pairing these two are, aside from their background and age differences. The characters are certainly plausible, Talim being a naive,young girl and Taki the more experienced fighter yet somewhat bitter.I really enjoyed reading their interaction in your story.

As to Taki's remarks to Talim's heritage, while others might think that it was condescending, I'd like to think that perhaps she was trying to deter Talim from pursuing Soul Edge? Either way it will be interesting to see how the story will progress from here on. Hope you'll update it soon, look forward to read more :)
4/28/2009 c1 8mastersam
I really like this story; the fact that you'll have two people who have the power to dispel the evil of Soul Edge together, and in different methods, makes it a fitting pairing. I believe I'll keep an eye on this one and see how exactly the patterns in your writing work before I actually draw anything from them. I hope to see another chapter soon.
4/27/2009 c1 2Frozen Aura
Hi,

As I'm fairly new to the SC series, I find explorations of partnerships between cast, especially among the protagonists, very interesting. Pairing Taki and Talim sounds unique, and I applaude you for your original intent.

You did a fantastic job with the battle scene, and the way the demon takes the form of a river that tries to engulf Talim. I could envision the fighting moves of both women perfectly. And the way you descride the auditory tones of their voices brings the writing to life as well.

And I must agree with the previous review. Taki was WAY too condescending to Talim. How can she judge a person she barely knows? I do see Taki as somewhat of a loner, but I don't see her as hostile or condescending, especially to a person who she just rescued from a demon.

Go for this pairing and explore the overlooked potential relationship between wind-dancer and Demon huntress. I look forward to reading more...
4/27/2009 c1 352Major Mike Powell III
Well, well, soldier...

Hoo-rrah! First review, btches!

Baptizin' fics makes my day. LOL

This was interesting. It's not every day that I stumble upon shoujo-ai pairings in this section, and much less age-gap fics. But it sure is welcome.

Now, this was a very good piece of work, son.

Everything was perfectly and beautifully described.

Well, except for the demon. The motherfcka was nasty! ROFL

So, since Taki's in her red ninja suit, then I should picture Talim in her SC2 or 4 outfit? 'Just wonderin'.

Now, back to the story...

I think Taki was just a BIT TOO mean to Talim.

'Cuz, honestly, callin' her daughter of a douche was a bit over the top, don't ya think?

Otherwise, you got her and Talim's attitudes pretty good.

So, Taki's sent lil' Talim home cryin'. Let's see if this makes her quit on her wish to acompany her in her quest.

And yeah, I say go for this pairing. Totally. LOL

Update ASAP! That's an order!

Semper-Fi! Carry on!