for What's In A Name?

7/25/2013 c1 6Daisy1966
Wow! You made me speechless. This is incredibly beautiful. I love the way you showed Mac got all his memories back gradually with the fear and the pain that both of them felt - at a perfect rhythmic and poetic pace. The use of colors, lights and flashing picture was marvelous! The repetition of his and her name "Mac" "Stella" made me feel how Mac was confused and struggled to remember her and how Stella was heartbroken. I'm so glad and relieved that he remembered her at the end.

And he smiled, cupping her face in his palms, "I remember everything I need to." Sunlight glanced off gold, emeralds and diamonds and shone in their eyes, "I love you."

This last line said everything: How many times the tragedy strikes them or he lost his memory, I can believe that he never fails to remember her.

This was amazing! Thank you so much for sharing this beautiful story! :)
3/20/2012 c1 j7jack
Oh my, for a moment there I was wondering if this would have a happy ending. T_T

"Do you remember?"

"I remember everything I need to."

Gah! So good!

I love the attention to the detail of Mac's thoughts in this scene, everything's so heartfelt.
6/18/2011 c1 14Brii Taylor
That was beautiful :D made me want to tear up a little, actually. And that's pretty hard to do. I like how you used the structuring of the sentences to show how everything was fragmented and jumbled together. I kind of wish we knew more about the accident though.

I am slightly confused about one thing: did the story start on the third day, and then go back to the first days, then lead up to where they had started, or did it go back to the first day and then once it got to the third day, skip over what had happened in the beginning and move straight onward? other than that, beautiful, again.

(P.S. I kind of want to write a story with you. You up to it?)
11/14/2010 c1 303BrokePerception
This really deserves an applause. You have captured all your good qualities in here. I'm not surprised to find this story's gotten such an abysmally high amount of reviews! Both the title and the summary really spoke, and invited to read. Your formatting is very well as always. You have created a very good balance between description and dialogue; I felt like the right amount of the right amount of the right things was conveyed through this story. You have again included those little short sentences that set so much power behind your words. Little writers have what you have. I would die to have a little of the talent you carry in writing. Miraculously well done.
8/12/2010 c1 8Ditte3
Beautifully written.simply beautiful.
4/10/2010 c1 23Stardust585
Have finally found some time to start and read some of your older stories and this one immediately caught my eye:) I loved it!

As I've written to you before, you have a brilliant way with words that I'm truly impressed with and you've proven this once again with this story:) I loved all the descriptions of the play of light and shadow and all the depictions of Stella through Mac's eyes as he tried to remember her. Finally I love how you've figured the wedding band into it all - Mac noticing it, remembering, it being cold and then getting gradually warmer and warmer - that was such a beautiful moment and I loved the second bottom here! Really well done:)

As for the characters, even though this is only a one-shot, you've managed to include quite a lot of character development:) The way you've shown Mac and Stell's relationship in flashes of Mac's slowly regained memory was beautiful and really touching! Added lots of depth! And Stell's pain and anguish yet relentless determination were so Stella! You've captured her perfectly!

And I'm so glad you ended this on happy note, even if a bit 'bitter-happy':) A really good piece of work!
1/31/2010 c1 13SMacked Hard
Aw. This was great. I loved it! ;]
10/4/2009 c1 8Wildweasel
Very good story, though it's a one shot. It really developps a lot between Mac and Stella's relationship.

I love it.
9/24/2009 c1 NorthernLimelight
omg this was amazing. you have a real talent for writing.
8/19/2009 c1 7shortcake2
i really like this one too,glad Mac used his heart.
8/18/2009 c1 9Melpomene Lee
Yay, Lily wrote a happy ending! You know, normally I'm not a big SMacked fan, but you make it really enjoyable. This was a fantastic story to read, and I wish I had 1/8 of your talent.
7/19/2009 c1 131NCISgirl1527
oh it probably was cliche but who cares? it was good
6/28/2009 c1 106DNAisUnique
The Launderette series...I like it! Oh the places of inspiration...

Definitely enjoy the fluffiness. 'The same eyes he had woken up to three days ago.' Phrases like that always make me smile.

Okay, accident, but he's okay. Amnesia?

I like how you pointed out that during all the madness of his waking that only two names-their names-were spoken.

Ah, there's something to be said for instincts and intuition!

So close to remembering...but third time's the charm, right?

"Mac, please remember me, please. Please remember us." Oh my, this gave me chills. Wonderful! And Mac's reply-I'm grinning so big right now.

And the fact that he's remembering snippets of their life, that's one of the most touching things I've ever read.

Yeah, I'm having happy dreams tonight after reading this one! Fluffy and fantastic.

I know you love to write your peril, but don't sell yourself short when it comes to fluff, because you can certainly write that too!

Wonderful work, my dear!

x Dana
6/19/2009 c1 shewhorunswithvampires
aww sad at first but then totally awesome! i love the descriptions of the memories. *.*
6/15/2009 c1 Milgavin
oh goodness. that was the saddest thing i ever read, until the very end, happiest thing ever. (:
47 Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »