for Leftover

1/15/2015 c1 26Fi Suki Saki
Oh PTSD Dean is so Sad...

But I always happy with Sam stay and want and need to take care of him and comfort him... :)
12/14/2014 c1 7NoilyPrat
Last line was creepy, sad, and oh-so-right for Sam - "Even if, following in his brother's footsteps, the cost was himself."

PTSD from Hell ... not ever a good thing.
11/4/2013 c1 10Lindelas
I loved this! I just finished watching season 4 with my sister, so this story line has been at the forefront lately. This little story added so much. I have kind of a weakness for the boys suffering PTSD attacks now and then, because understandably, we can't get it often in the show, but given what they've been through, it makes sense that they would have occasional episodes like this. I almost think the ending was my favorite part.
4/15/2013 c1 187sapphireswimming
OH GOSH NO. Dean thinking he's still in Hell? Talking to a Sam who would turn out to be a demon but one he would talk to anyway? That's heartbreaking.
1/24/2012 c1 42HBKDEANRKO
You did it again! Very well written! Thank you!
12/1/2009 c1 65Whilom
**“I’m gonna take care of you,” he said softly, watching as Dean’s features smoothed out in sleep, only the occasional twitch breaking the calm. “I’ll take care of everything. I mean, I figure it’s my turn, right? I’ll do it, Dean, no matter what it takes.”**

This reminded me so much of Dean's words to Sam after he'd been stabbed.

So sad seeing Dean sloshed like that! He's always been one to hold his liquor, so to have him get drunk and then think he's in Hell is just about as pitiful as you can get. Glad that Sam was there to drag him out though.
10/18/2009 c1 7Death-Muncher
nicely written :)
8/19/2009 c1 13TheKritty
Oh man, I have to notice again:Season 4 was hard watch/is hard to watch.This role reverse...dude, it always breaks my heart and I not even know why exactly. I love this story, although it's also pretty hard to see Dean so broken and Sam as the protector - not as in h/c-Stories- protector, where he always was Sammy, but really the protector, Sam instead of Sammy.But there was also some kind of...heartwarming influence, since Sam didn't thought as the weak man Dean might had become (he didn't^.^),but as a man that survived hell and sacrificed his old self for his little brother.And I like the end and Sam thoughts, that now it's his time and he has to be the protector.

Really, heartbreaking but also heartwarming story!Love it!

Kritty
7/11/2009 c1 120PhoenixDragonDreamer
God...SO MUCH LOVE... They are so screwed up - aren't they?

*SAVES*

*hugs you tight*

Thank you...

Mandy
7/11/2009 c1 35Impaladreams
That was just heartbreaking...you've captured Dean's weakness, pain and vulnerability so terribly well. Sam's care, concern and worry almost palpable in these beautiful words.

It's Saturday lunchtime and I'm having to pretend I've got hayfever, cause my eyes are streaming.

Thankyou for this

Jane
7/5/2009 c1 15ontara
what a sad, yet awesome story. i had to wait awhile to read this - it's been taunting me in my inbox for quite a while, but i had to watch the episode first - since season 4 hasn't aired in my country yet *crap*. and while i still don't know where the road leads from here on (becuase, incidentally, episode 11 is the last episode on the dvd volume one box *crap again*, I'm even more intrigued now...

anyways, great story - as always!
6/22/2009 c1 4greendaypumpkin
Ooh that was an awesome story, I especially love the ending line, Sam seems so broken and yet so strong at the same time.
6/6/2009 c1 15carocali
That was depressing - poor Dean! I imagine he's had more than one of those PTSD episodes. I'm glad the bartender was nice at least!

There was a lot that got screwed up on that hunt, but when emotions get in the way, it can turn ugly. I dont know that all of it was Dean's fault; I think they just hit some bad luck. But then, that's their constant story, isn't it?

Thanks for sharing!

Caroline
6/6/2009 c1 Mara-snh
Thanks for not pulling your punches in dealing with Dean's troubling behavior in "Family Remains." The title of the episodes has always struck me as a statement about the brothers' relationship just as much as that of "the kids in the walls" and the victimized family. You dug a little deeper. As another reviewer has said, you've given us a rationale for Sam's S4 behavior, from this point forward in particular. The bar lady was fabulously well-drawn; you did with just a few strokes, yet I could visualize everything about her but her blood type. The only things I might offer as suggestions for improvement would that you reconsider emphasizing the color of Dean's hair as "dark blond." That puzzles me but I notice it's a detail you often include in your stories, so if that's your take, so be it! The other thing is less objective, which is that the past tense of hang in the context of what Dean did with the rope Sam gave him would be hanged, rather than hung. Oh, I liked the little touch of Sam tossing "a crumpled twenty" onto the bar on his way out. He's a good boy, our Sammy. And that last line? It's got about nine layers of *gulp* in it. I didn't realize that until I re-read it just now. As usual, ma'am, beautiful job. Thank you :-)
6/2/2009 c1 ukfan101
great story...so many great lines...but you did a great job describing one of the reasons why Sam was on the road to hell paved with good intentions...
52 Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »