for Dark Rising

12/2/2017 c1 44Shamelessly Radiant
WOW. WOW. The power Death obviously holds, his tears, "the power to take life itself, with the merest touch of one finger." This was amazing, so well done, and so very, very sad. That ending, magnificent.

Line I loved most: "No. They will never give up. It is not ... in their nature. But I promise you ... nor is it in mine" and how his voice sounds dark and dangerous. Also, the way Death stiffens when Rudolf searches him for comfort, because Death does not mean comfort to most of us, I think. Escape, maybe, release, but sorrow and sadness and only sometimes some sad gratefulness. I loved this.
9/21/2017 c1 Guest
I love this
5/15/2016 c1 34Merina Thropp
Well, that was terrifying :P in the best way, hehe. You write the most chilling Death. Brilliant work.
10/9/2011 c1 1Dr. Daniel Jackson Lover
This is a very good and well written story. Thank you so much for sharing it!
8/15/2011 c1 Zerolemis
Dear Theilian,

I'm from China and I really love your story. It has a strong power indeed. Would you mind my translating it into Chinese? I'm sure many Chinese readers will love it.

Yours,

Zerolemis.
4/4/2011 c1 13lanuitestcalme
This fanfiction is so powerful in so many ways. We are introduced to Rudolf as a boy, but in a way that few other authors manage to do. You portray him as a Kaiser-to-be (though we know that he will never reach that level), who wishes to be strong like his friend and his father, yet still holds some of his fears. Like his mother, Rudolf wishes to be free. She gets her freedom by ignoring the truths that life holds, yet Rudolf cannot bring himself to ignore the gun in his window. Often, stories have the vein of "Rudolf equals Elisabeth. Franz-Joseph is displeased. Rudolf meets der Tod. End of story." But you manage to capture the child, Rudolf, in a totally different fashion, and for that I applaud you.

And then, of course, der Tod. Here, he is not simply the romantic, dark man that he is often portrayed to me. You give him many complex levels, and Rudolf just barely touches the surface. He is lovely, as is your Rudolf.

All in all, a wonderful, thought-provoking fanfiction!
2/1/2010 c1 Electra's-World
One word= Amazing!
7/6/2009 c1 21SapphireNight
This story is utterly majestic in its beauty. It is so wonderful, it has been a long while since I've read something so powerful. Your characterisation of Death is absolutely perfect. And the little boy Rudolf, so small.

I very rarely ever review, I save that for the best, and I almost never favourite stories- I reserve that for the cream of the crop. So you can see just how highly I rate your writing here. Utter perfection.

Simply wonderful. Though you do mention this being the first part of a 'Dark Majesty Trilogy'? Please, please, please, I beg of you, do continue it. I need to read more. So please, don’t ever forget it.
7/2/2009 c1 MeineLiebe
Brilliant and beautifully written!

I loved it.
6/27/2009 c1 24BluePeople
coherent review coming later, promise. for now, just:

Wow! Love love love love LOVE this.
6/16/2009 c1 Iatheia
Thank you! This story (and others, as well) is very well written. *wonders and secretly hopes if the rest of the trilogy would be based on the same musical*