for A Dish Served Cold

12/16/2012 c1 46SayLo
Haven't read yet but i know it's going to be legit
7/20/2009 c1 HAMUCHA
(“Tell me, son. How did you get past our guards? They were damn sneaky. I didn’t hear a single thing when they got me.”

“You went in alone, Dad.” Dean frowned in concentration as he threaded the needle for stitching. “I wasn’t alone; Sammy had my back.”)

Good story. And I like the closing line.

And no angst. I like angst with comfort. But it's refreshing to read this and reading several angsts in a row.
7/1/2009 c1 21That Girl Six
Okay, doll. Here I am. Sorry it took awhile.

Let's start off with yes, things are looking better. You're getting much better with varying up your sentences, both in length and phrasing. Keep it up. I was so happy to see a marked difference in some of the words you'd been overusing-rather, not seeing them much at all. Hee. This one is more economical with the narrative, too, so that it doesn't feel like we're going over everything twice. Nicely done! Keep it up.

There were a few usage things that could be corrected, but that's something that, like I always tell you, will come in time. You'll get the hang of them. So no sweat. The biggest thing to look at is how to use semicolons and cut back on the exclamation points. I'd also cut back on how often you have them call each other by name. It gets distracting to read "Sammy" in every other sentence.

Keep working on it. You're on your way!
6/20/2009 c1 91Muffy Morrigan
Awesome wonderful story! Love the last line most of all! As long as they have each other's back nothing can happen!

Five Impalas, freshly waxed, lovingly detailed with a brand new classic rock set and happy boys cruising along.
6/19/2009 c1 34bhoney
Okay, so I FINALLY made it over here to read this. :) I knew it would be suspenseful and I wouldn't want to stop reading once I started. I was right.

I really liked this a lot. I loved seeing Dean and Sammy work together to take out the werecat family and save John and Bobby.

The beginning cracked me up, when Dean was milking his injuries and Sammy was so worried about his hero being hurt. Aw...so sweet. John's reaction was cute, too.

I liked how you structured the story to start in the middle, then back up and tell us how you got there. That's always an interesting technique.

All of the Bobby and John snark made me laugh. This was a good one: "“I’m rescuing you, you dumb sonovabictch; what do you think I’m doing here?” “Nice rescue, asshole."" LOL I could so see them having that exchange. I really wish we'd gotten to see Bobby and John interact on the show.

I loved that Sammy kept it together during the fight then passed out right after, LOL. Seems appropriate. He really was a trooper. I loved this: "“I understand. I’m ready. Let’s get our family back!” The eleven-year-old stood tall and fierce with that statement and Dean felt ready to burst with pride." Aw...I love all the little things you put in there about the boys working well together, Sammy knowing to stay behind his big brother, Dean watching out for Sammy, Sammy taking down the little werecat that attacked Dean. All the stuff that showed their bond.

And of course I love the end, Dean attributing his success to having Sammy to watch his back. I can just imagine Sammy glowing at that. And he's right-they're stronger as a team. As evidenced by the fact that two teen boys took out a whole family of werecats that got the jump on two seasoned hunters working alone.

Very nice job! I was so excited to see a longer fic from you! I hope it's the start of a trend! :)
6/17/2009 c1 15carocali
Nice wee! fic! I like that Sam was partnered with Dean to save both John and Bobby. You don't see a lot of werecats, so that was cool, too!

Really enjoyed the brotherly banter between the boys.

Nice work!

:D

Caroline
6/17/2009 c1 ukfan101
great story...loved how even at such a young age Sam and Dean worked so well together...it was quite nice to read a weechester story without Sam being all angst and angry.
6/16/2009 c1 64TraSan
Aw, I just love stories that showcase the brothers' bond and in this case not only that, but also the love binding all the Winchesters (and Bobby) to each other.

Add to that, the boys were able to save the older hunters.

An exciting supernatural creature.

And some of your best writing to date.

Wonderful story!
6/14/2009 c1 11hogwartshobbiton
aww sweet story thankyou, love bobby and rumsfeld :) and sammy and dean and john of course and i like how its one long chapter.. it kind of keeps it all together thankyou lots xx
6/13/2009 c1 1JadeAlmasy
awesome Job on this! Loved the Bobby John moments

Jade
6/13/2009 c1 8Charlie Girl 79
Excellent story! I love that you had the boys rescue John and Bobby.
6/12/2009 c1 ames 449
I really enjoyed this. Your writing has noticeably improved and this was a pleasure to read. I loved the description. It was neither too heavy nor understated, but just the right blend of what was needed to make a beautiful story. The prose flowed so well, and the storyline itself was cool. I loved the idea of the kids saving the grown ups. Great job
6/11/2009 c1 72Angelustatt
This was great! I loved the boys taking down those were-cats on thier own. The fact that Sam knew what they were...cause that kid is definitely a walking ecyclopedia of weird as Dean called him. LOL

And Bobby and John bickering with each other was awesome! Man you had me cringing with the slashed arms. LOL

You need to have dreams like this more often, mate. LOL

And yeah...why does the dog always get hurt? LOL Poor Rumsfel, lucky for him there's people who like keeping him around huh?

*HUGS* Can't wait to see more fics from you. ;)
6/11/2009 c1 22azab
loved it great story :
6/11/2009 c1 143PADavis
How much fun to see a longer story from you. So glad you did. I liked the set up, and the uncertainty of what had happened, and did really enjoy young Sam and Dean working as a team. Great job.

Phoebe