for Of Saints and Sinners

2/25/2014 c1 35Rose Eclipse
"Nothing good comes from hurting other people to get what you want." Bobby is the best mentor and parent to the Winchester boys; I love all of his comments and how he chastises them out of love and will point out how they need each other. Season 4 finale had so much drama with Sam and Dean turning their backs on each other so this lovely one-shot feels good as a reconcil of their family, admitting where they went wrong.

And I'm glad Sam got to hear his brother's real message from the voicemail :)
7/30/2011 c1 ccase13
I like your tag for Lucifer Rising. Castiel rescuing them would have worked.
7/21/2009 c1 2SamDeanLove
AHH! More.. More.. !
6/26/2009 c1 38Marlowe97
That was a really, really cool sentence. So Dean - yeah, I could hear him saying it!

“You meant every word of it Sam. You always do, every single time, but it doesn’t matter,” Dean said nonchalantly. It really didn’t matter to Dean. He had convinced himself long ago that what really matter was what he felt about his brother, not what his brother thought about him.

Oh, yeah... Exactly. Sam might be smart, but his mouth keeps running off and... well, I'm sure he means his words more than he is admitting even to himself

I sure hope it's gonna be a little like that. Cause, it would be too easy for Sam if he got forgiveness just like that. I think, just once in a while he should have to fight for his brothers forgiveness - something that he always had gotten too easyly, me thinks.

Liked it, I love reading Tags to Lucifer rising. I'm curious at how everyone sees the future - and at how much Kripke is gonna change our expectations ;)
6/25/2009 c1 111deangirl1
There have been a lot of tags to 4.22 but I really like this one and I'm glad that you wrote and posted it. I particularly LOVED that Dean didn't just cave and forgive Sam. I also like that Sam is contrite and seems truly sorry... but will he do the same things again as he has in the past? I'm not convinced he's learned his lesson yet. He gives lip service to Dean being a good man, but does he really believe and/or understand Dean's true potential? I like that you don't give any easy answers to these questions - and that you have Dean's emotions all over the place too... And finally I LOVE that you have Castiel tell Dean that they have work to do... I think that you (via Dean) are right and that eventually Sam and Dean will be ok, but for now, I think Dean is going to need the angels more... Great tag.
6/25/2009 c1 sylia91
I really enjoyed your tag to the episode. I also agree that Dean should not let Sam off the hook so quickly. Sam is an adult and made some very bad decisions that he has to face up to. In the past Dean forgave anything Sam said or did often without Sam asking. It will be different for Sam this time to have to work for it and earn the trust he took for granted. Mystery Spot showed that Dean always gave Sam the benefit of the doubt even when his explanations seemed crazy but Sam has questioned every action and decision Dean has made since he came back and the most unforgiveable was siding with Ruby against his own brother. There is a lot to atone for, not just setting Lucifer free.
6/25/2009 c1 Anna
Thank God I'm not the only one who thinks Dean should remain upset with Sam. Saying "I'm sorry" doesn't erase what was said and done and is Sam saying it only because he needs his brother's support now or because he really didn't mean what he said and did? My answer to that is the same as yours; Sam's only sorry because it blew up in his face and now he needs Dean to help fix it.
6/25/2009 c1 4Ster1
Terrific coda! I really liked how you didn't shy away from Sam needing to face what he did. Freeing Lucifer is more easily forgiven, imo: as you pointed out, Dean, Ruby, and the angels all played some role as well. But Sam's treatment of Dean last season was so harsh: it'd make sense that Dean would need some time to get over the hurt. And even though Sam is sincere in his regret, he'll need to prove that it's not just words this time around. And yay to Bobby (and Cas) also not letting Sam off too easily. Sam spent a year getting to where he's at: moving past it shouldn't happen overnight either. And I have no doubt that Sam'll be much stronger and wiser when he does.

Great job!
6/25/2009 c1 5Darktales
I definitely did not like Castiel's indifferent attitude towards Sam, particularly as Castiel was one of the angels who set Sam up because he was ordered to even if he had to know how tormented Sam was about all this, but I did like Bobby and Dean's reactions. Nice tag.