FanFiction.Net
for The Life and Times

7/29/2009 c5 2Mor'ranrFricai
Act Naturally is not a Beatles Song. Ringo sang it at Shea Stadium in '65. Buck Owens was the one who originally sang the song i believe. As you may be able to tell, I'm a Beatles fanatic (not just fan, fanatic.) So... yeah. It was a good chapter. Why are Lily and Severus freinds again? I'm not complaining, but it's just... odd... I guess. You are doing a good job at not having a Lily who wakes up, realizing she was all wrong about James Potter, goes and beggs him to let her be his girlfriend confessing her newfound love for him. Not that I've ever read anything like that, just some fanfictions can be farther away from that than others, and I do prefer having it be farther than closer. I also really like the lengths of the chapters. I really like reading your story because it's just downright good. Please update as soon as you can, I really like this story.

And since you asked us for some song lyrics if we couldn't decide if we want to reveiw, since I'm not sure if I want to post this or not, I'll combined all the songs you used in this chapter.

You said you want a revolution, well, ya know I believe and how. You're asking me wil my love grow. I don't know, I don't let me down, don't let me down. I'm in love for the first time. Don't you know how many holes it takes to fill the Albert Hall. I'd love to you.Since you left me, I'm so alone, now you're coming, your're coming on home. I've been good like I know I don't know why you say goodbye, I say hello. Why why why why why why do is act naturally. We'll make a scene about a man that's sad and walk out on me. Lend me your ear and I'll sing you a song and I'll try not to sing out of leisure? Will she still believe it when he's dead? A girl girl girl. :)
7/28/2009 c5 AllyKitten
That part with James and Lily at the end was really cute. I love this chapter. Cant wait for you next update! Have fun writing.
7/28/2009 c5 7Whitelight72
The way those two carry on in hilarious. And James is so innocently ignorant with everything. It's great.
7/28/2009 c5 45verity candor
Loved it! The not-so-veiled veiled discussions between L/J regarding the nonexistent person, were brilliantly executed. Great Job as always.
7/28/2009 c5 4RachelElizabeth
what in the world's wrong with frank? he's acting like such a doush bag
7/28/2009 c5 6verbpreciousgem
i loved this chapter(:

i love donna's character too.

and i love the way you make james seem like such a badass.

lol.

basically, i just love your story(:

i'm anxiously awaiting the next update!
7/28/2009 c1 swishhh
OH! I forgot to mention! I really wanna know what seventy-five detentions mean. Is that an expulsion?

See, I'm so hooked!
7/28/2009 c5 swishhh
Whoa - that was a super quick update for such a long chapter *_*

I'll try not to get used to it, though...just let me mourn...

Okay, I'm done.

Once again, I loved it. Although I lament the loss of angsty, jerky James, I like the new quirky, flirty one just as much, if not more. I loved his and Lily's banter - I think you've made their personalities VERY compatible indeed, whereas others I know generally just make Lily a bitch and James a loser, which gets very wearing after a while. I like your version the best ^^ And I think I've said it before, but all the wittiness you write is like love. I can't get enough. I got a real kick out of Peter's cowardice - so funny, and have I mentioned that I LOVE how James calls Lily 'Snaps'? That is just TOO cute. And I think Roland Urquhart is the perfect name for a bastard. Well-chosen! Also I hope Adam and Marlene had a perfectly lovely evening together full of fluff - you left it open to my imagination, so don't kill my dream! I howled when Lily said she and Snape could be friends again...I predict a loathsome love triangle ahead! But don't quote me on that - I'm no Trelawney. Plus I'm not in charge of the story. That's YOU =) Good thing too, 'cause I'd just ruin it.

I liked your plotline for this chapter as well. The posters were a really good idea - just the right amount of intrigue 0.0

Pure brilliance. That's kind of the norm for you, isn't it?

Thank you for your messages btw, although now I feel less of a good person for leaving you reviews because you are clearly just as good as you REPLY to them XD I'm very competitive about this kind of thing, you see. But I was so happy to get the emails. It was really nice of you.
7/28/2009 c5 0100111
the review-whore strikes again!

actually, i really liked this chapter. firstly, i'm impressed with the speedy gonzales style update, just so you know. i thought your interaction with luke was really smart - it showed you've given a whole lot of thought to the political part of this story.

but why snape? lily's too much of a softy, darn her! girl, you need to smack some sense into that ginger's head. oh, well.

anyway, good job ^_^
7/28/2009 c4 4Cordelia Blythe
WOW. Really awesome. I mean, really. I have read MANY Lily/James stories, and only a few have stayed with me. Yours is one of them. You do a great job with characterization and plot. You know how to keep a reader hooked. And thank god that this isn't one of those "Lily and James hook up- The End" stories. James is... very unlike the James I would have pictured. But, even then, he is quite convincing. Also, your writing style is amazing. It flows like Butterbeer! I am looking forward to the next chapter :)

P.S. I just ADORE the Marlene/Adam storyline...

- Codelia Blythe
7/27/2009 c4 22lyin
aha, so not the cute but dim Hufflepuff... but jumpy and wide-eyed, hmm? "a thin Hufflepuff boy with mousy brown hair and large eyes stood, nervously cracking his knuckles". oh! i think the real Reg has stepped up ;D

i especially enjoyed Sirius' line about Frank being the greatest Head Boy ever, Adam's 'i'd rather jump off the astronomy tower', also Lathe's line about the Drake witch co, plus the whole scenes that led up to them. your use of specifics really makes the story: Kevin Sherbatsky's hair was priceless, but little throwaway details, like the Quidditch trophy being from 1952 and Professor Stottlemeyer's treasured cactus, are fun to read and make your story quite convincing.

and you're picking up the intrigue nicely~ i.e. what's up with Frank? (i thought at first Lily's mind might've been jumping to Imperius, since that's where mine went, but i don't know- yet- if he's being *that* OOC. hmm, i'll have to wait for you to drop more clues.) oh, and you made Miles plenty squicky. he rubbed me the wrong way right away, which i'm sure is what you were going for. James having a nickname for Lily, i've seen used in a LOT of Marauder stories, and normally i find it very annoying and in-your-fce(like Carrots), but you turned it on its head and actually made it a mini-mystery within the chapter. the explanation for why James had more detentions than Sirius was another nice touch. admittedly, not really crazy about Donna, not sure why. but just letting you know, i'm really enjoying reading this. it's fun ;D thanks for the update!
7/27/2009 c4 19untitled1494
I have a few minor complaints.

one being James' character. I just dont think its right. But you're the author, and I suppose its how you view him.

also... no wait, thats it.

that being said, I think youre an amazing writer, your descriptions are better than most, and your chapters aare beautifully long. I love it. Im waiting for an update!
7/27/2009 c4 Katie
I'm in awe of your writing. This is brilliant. Really. Funny, and very intriguing at the same time. I really love it. Looking forward to more.
7/27/2009 c4 Underbabe
AWERSOME.

This chapter totally put a smile on my face even though there was only a few james and lily moments. It was really funny. Can't wait for the next one :D
7/26/2009 c4 120Luna Rapunzel
I love the way you constantly incorporate something from years past or (in this case) longtime tradition into the present-day happenings of the story; once again, you've done it beautifully here with Mrs. Norris, Herbology, and Mulciber. Lathe's introduction as a character was fabulous; his awkwardness while telling the students to stop hexing one another clearly characterized him right off the bat, and the whole scene was funny once he'd come in. “Your book bag is probably smarter than that Drake witch.” - Too true!

Marlene and Adam's talk was really endearing-you can tell how much she cares about him. Liked the way that Adam referred to the attempted suicides as "doing something drastic"; his use of such a big euphemism shows (to me) both that he feels detached from the incident and that he doesn't want Marlene to worry more than she already is by mentioning it outright-am I close? And Marlene may not think that the Astronomy Tower comments at the end were funny, but I do-nice job with those!

“Well, Al, I don’t know how to say this, but I think Frank might be pregnant.” - Loved that line! I hope he's not cheating on her-given his character, I doubt it (is it related to the attempted suicides?), but I'm not /completely/ convinced...

“I can’t buy a new stomach,” Lily noted, unconsciously verbal. “Truer words were never spoken.” - I liked that injection of humor-it balanced out the scene with Snape nicely and was a good introduction to the next dialogue. Lily and James's banter was short but thoroughly enjoyable-wonder why he's calling her Snaps...?

Oh, I love the prank on Kevin Sherbatsky and Sirius's disappointment at not having as many detentions as James! And I like the way you mentioned that James's dad left-you didn't say it outright, so it was a nice example of "show-don't-tell", bit like how you introduced the seventy-five rule earlier in the story.

I really liked the common room scene; it really summarized all the character development that's taken place in this chapter, what with Marlene and Adam, Frank and Alice... the end of the scene was nice, too; typical boys, concerned so much with food. It was a nice break from the intensity earlier in the chapter-you always do a good job of balancing plot with humor.

Lovely scene at the end with Lily and James about the nickname! Their bickering was so entertaining to read.

Not mediocre at all-I loved this chapter, as always. Keep up the wonderful work!
12,201 « Prev Page 1 .. 801 808 809 810 811 812 813 .. Last Next »