for The Life and Times

7/21/2009 c1 116Luna Rapunzel
Intriguing beginning-it doesn't make much sense, no, but the themes still made it a wonderful read.
7/21/2009 c3 4cris-phoenix
I really like your story. It is very well written, very dark, and the characters are not one dimensional, like on several other stories that you read around here.

I have a pretty good guest on who is pointing the want at James in the Prologue (I think it is Lily's boyfriend, Luke Harper), but I am anxious to see if I am right.

Please keep on writing it, I love the way you write your Lily, and especially your James (though I don't like the fact that he smokes, I absolutely despise cigarettes, but I can see why this James smokes).

I can't wait to read more and can only hope for a quick update.
7/19/2009 c3 10ShIvErInG sMiLe
So, there are a lot of important characters here but I'm hopeful because I like to read a sad, troubled James once in a while and I've liked that story line so far. As for Lily, I've got no problem with her but I just wish her friends wouldn't speak her every thought so exactly as they do.

The suicide attempts and Uncle Black make this story more unique and interesting.

I hope to read more of this fic soon.
7/19/2009 c3 2Auriga Amortentia
Well this is getting quite dark, isn't it? Awesome chapter. You did a great job with Sirius' uncle and the DADA class. I'm more and more intrigued by James' and Lily's relationship with every chapter...Is James normally rude to Lily? I feel like he should be a bit kinder seeing as he's in love with her...but then again these are troubled times and he is trying to get over her ;) Please update soon! Don't know what to do now that I don't have another chapter to read...
7/19/2009 c2 Auriga Amortentia
You're right...it is all a little confusing, but the length is definitely not a bad thing. You seem to be going great places with the plot, and you have a knack for dropping hints of what's to come without giving anything away. I didn't really like that James' and Lily's arguments seemed to kind of come out of left field, but overall it was pretty realistic. You have a great writing style which I can only describe as "sweeping and romantic". Can't wait to read the rest!
7/19/2009 c1 Auriga Amortentia
That was amazing. Great writing, and definitely gets us intrigued. I'm sort of afraid that I was supposed to be able to figure out who's about to kill James, but I can't yet...Great start, and I'm ready to read more.
7/19/2009 c3 22lyin
Adam! whoa, did not see that one coming. one of the things i like the most about this story so far is that you have an actual, super-intriguing PLOT (which, if i remember, is what i liked about ITISNS when i stumbled upon it a long time back now ;) ).

also, i've got to commend you on your originality: i've never seen Alphard Black used as a teacher at all, or thought of it- but considering the number of DADA who went in and out, totally believable, but he's a fascinating, canon! choice. :D also, i've never seen anyone use a Shacklebolt besides Kingsley before, but it makes Donna seem more of a canon-fit than an OC. loved the Sirius and James interaction (especially the worrisome 75th detention. i'd be curious to know how James ended up with more than his partner in crime ;D)

thx for your review reply, as well~ i noticed the 'cute but dim Hufflepuff!' talking to Mary after reading that ;) the Lily-James collision was definitely another highlight~ especially how he couldn't help himself from saying the worst thing possible and her friends' knowing reaction. ;D thanks again for the read and looking forward to more, keep writing!
7/18/2009 c3 7Whitelight72
Jeeze everyone is trying to kill themselves. How depressing. Now see, you should have James be the one that saved Adam McKinnon too. If he keeps showing up where people are trying to kill themselves, people will start to think he's cursing the people, which obviously he's not, but it would make a great plot twist. Because let's be honest, no other writer actually suggests that James Potter might be a bad guy, but your story kinda has James is a darker place; like with a screw the world, 'I don't care' attitude. I could see people blaming him for it. Well, wow, this has been a really long review. I just want to throw out there that this is probably one of the best written stories I've seen in any category on this website, and from the looks of the Prelude, very original. I can't wait for more, so please update as soon as you can.
7/18/2009 c3 Queen Moanna of the Underworld
Well, I am now officially hooked. And it was such a nice long chapter too. I'm loving all the mystery and drama. I can't believe James is such a jerk...I keep hoping Lily will snap and do something to put things back in perspective for him. I hope James gets what's coming to him...but that's just me...Keep up the suspense and please update soon. Thank you for sharing your story.

With gratitude,

Her Royal Highness, Queen Moanna
7/18/2009 c2 22lyin
i love long chapters :D enjoyed the read and the character set-up was nice... Marlene as a future McKinnon instead of her married name is an original take (which if i remember write you used in ITISNS too) and i liked her placement in Lily's year this time, randomly, she's always one of my fave 1st OoTP-gen characters; and the inclusion of Mary Macdonald too- though i will say that Mar and Mare seemed to me almost too similar as nicknames. (my personal take on Mary Macdonald is she becomes Mary Cattermole, who Harry & co. rescue in DH ~ how many Muggle-born Mary's of the right age can there be? ;D) with her too-much make-up and bit of a reputation, i wonder if there's a Mary/Sirius pairing possibly coming up... ;)

loved James' dramatic entrance (though, ergh, smoker.) the banter between James & Lily was fabulous; Sirius' dialogue is just spot-on and terrifically entertaining, and i really liked the Slytherin/Gryffindor confrontation. also... a brown-eyed boyfriend for Lily after James was facing a jealous brown-eyed assailant in the prologue? oh. a very likely suspect, especially since Snape is usually described with black eyes in canon and i can't see him being described as 'handsome' the year before. ;D nice work, keep writing and thanks for the read!
7/18/2009 c1 lyin
hey, nice to see you writing again! i read ITISNS ages back and just noticed to the new author's alert in my inbox. i like your choice of leaving the last story as it was, especially since i honestly would have never known and probably not reread it and wouldn't have ended up enjoying all the work you're putting into writing a DH-compliant Lily/James fic (which i love). anyway, very intriguing beginning, looking forward to reading more ;D
7/18/2009 c3 underbabe
I like the way you write this story. :) keep it up. but i there was more lily and james moments
7/18/2009 c3 Great
This is a great story! I love it! Please keep writing. It's the best i've read in a long time! Hurry up :D
7/18/2009 c3 0100111
and yes! another magnificent chapter! you've really got the suspense on and i'm so impatient, but i trust you to get everything done right. i like how you just jump straight into it, no preliminaries. fantastic job.

oh, and let me tell you, those who don't review are obviously lazy, and you don't want those on your hands. well, you do... but really, you don't. at least, that's what i tell myself when i'm less than satisfied - for i, i am a review whore. no better way to say it.

keep writing, it's fantastic ^_^
7/18/2009 c3 gonefishing5ever
Wow. I am so hooked. So suspenseful! I love it! I WANT TO MARRY THIS STORY! lol. But seriously, great job! James is a real jerk, isn't he? He gets better though, right (let's hope!)? Hahaha...I really can't wait for more! Please update soon or I shall go into the darkest depths of despair!
12,199 « Prev Page 1 .. 803 810 811 812 813 814 Next »