for Poetry and Promises

8/13/2009 c16 45Bandbabe
Yay! It's great to read a story that explores the physiological and psychological effects bonding has on humans! I was huge fan of T'Pol/Trip from Enterprise and Trip's brain did become more Vulcan! I'm interested to see where this goes!

It's a great twist that Uhura is going to through Pon Farr, instead of the other way around. I wonder what Spock will tell Kirk to get leave for both of them...
8/13/2009 c16 3Birdgirl90
Wow, I did not see that one coming. Truthfully, I found myself thinking "oh oh, she's pregnant", but this - wow, this was a huge turn. I'm dying to know how this is going to end! Good work.
8/13/2009 c16 5Rosie1392
Great chapter, and interesting twist. I read a couple of the reviews for this chapter and one on the people was going on about how your Pon Farr transfer theory was wrong or something. They also mentioned that females don't go through Pon Farr but I remember hearing differently so I looked up Pon Farr in the Memory Alpha and I found this little section that I thought would be relevant to your story:

In rare instances, the imbalance during pon farr can be transferred to other species via a telepathic mating bond. (VOY: "Blood Fever") Certain microbes have also been known to trigger pon farr prematurely. (ENT: "Bounty")

Vulcan females also endure pon farr. Normally, their hormones and endorphins rise to a dangerous level. Like males, females must mate or otherwise receive treatment in order to survive.

I thought they where being a bit harsh for not having all the facts. If you haven't heard of memory alpha it's a very helpful site.

Keep up the great work and please update ASAP!

~MionePotter1592
8/12/2009 c16 sf.fangirl
"I believe it may be possible that physiologically, you are becoming part Vulcan.”

Yeah, right. Hm, that is just some incredibly bad science. It's so bad that logical Spock would never spout such nonsense. Star Trek is known for it's techno-babble, but its always based it in science even of it was made up science like Red Matter. Miraculous transformation into another species - not up to ST's techno-babble standards. Also Vulcan women do not experience pon farr - only the men so not only is Uhura transforming into a Vulcan, she's also transforming into a male. That could be ackward for two heterosexuals.

I like this story. It is a favorite of mine, but I hope the next chapter can redeem this plot twist.

As always thank you for taking the time to write and share with us.
8/12/2009 c16 15Aashlee Elizabeth
Hm, now that's an interesting twist!
8/9/2009 c15 Rhiannaaa
LOL, that last line with McCoy had me laughing so much
8/9/2009 c15 LydiaMoon
I enjoyed Kirk's point of view, not only about the responsibilities of being Captain, but his burgeoning friendship with Spock and Spock's importance to the ship. I also liked seeing Spock and Uhura's relationship through his eyes.

Good job. Very enlightening.
8/6/2009 c14 13mykardia
nice...very good! =D Spock is so sweet, and so is Nyota...Jim is hilarious! lol...good story
8/1/2009 c13 Hepburn
Hi! I really am enjoying your story and the way that you write Nyota and Spock's relationship. :) It is fully of love,tenderness and passion. I am glad that you are continuing this story line!

Its great fun to read and you are a good story teller! :)

post more when you can!
7/29/2009 c13 1ahealthyaddiction
Aw... this was really nice. I'm excited to read about the wedding! =)
7/29/2009 c13 noyotarules
Enjoyable version of the events in the movie, tho that deep sentence should read 'I am not our father' not 'I am not your father' its that statement that made the light bulb go off in nuSpock's head to make him realise who he was talking to.

Looking forward to the other chapters.
7/28/2009 c13 carsonsgirl
Great chapter! :) Not sure how far into the future you plan to go with the story, but I hope Spock Prime will be in it- I like the way you write his rapport with both Spock and Nyota.
7/28/2009 c13 spockside
Nicely done!
7/28/2009 c13 Babita
Wonderful! I loved the meeting of the Spocks!
7/27/2009 c12 carsonsgirl
Wow, very eventful chapter! Very sweet bond between Spock and Nyota and nice interweaving of the movie events. You put words to exactly the exchange of emotion and understanding that I saw taking place in the few short Spock/Nyota scenes we had (and what I pictured was happening even if we didn't see it on-screen): Nyota sharing and helping to ease Spock's pain, and his awareness of her losses as well (especially Gaila, and maybe he didn't know until then how much she admired and would miss his mother too). Looking forward to the next chapter soon! :)
131 « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 .. Last Next »