for Magical Madness

9/9/2009 c2 Vukk
Scabbers can NOT be around as Peter died.
9/9/2009 c7 1wiley73
Ok, I've read the story up to chapter 7. All you are doing is adding a Mary Sue (Robert) and retelling the exact same story. I don't understand why Harry would have lived with 2 magical people for a few years, and they never told him anything about being a wizard. I don't understand why they would let him take Divination and COMC. Or even why he would choose it. He knows that he needs to learn, why would he choose useless classes? Story makes no since
9/9/2009 c7 3benperez31
I'm glad you're back. I like Robert and Gabriel. They've been a great foster family for Harry though he could use a mother figure. Then again, that's what Mrs. Weasley is for. I loved the chapter, with Ginny a part of the group. It's great that Gabriel told Harry about Sirius. I am intrigued about Scabbers. I thought Voldemort killed Peter in the first chapter. If so, is it a real rat or an animagus? Why is Crookshanks so taken with it? That's a great mystery to watch unfold. One thing that disappointed me was that no one, other than Hermione, tried to physically comfort Ginny after the Dementor attack. I would have expected Harry to at least kneel down and try to talk to her. Update soon please. I'd like to know what happens.
9/8/2009 c7 1stopthatbluecat
As always, a very good job!
8/6/2009 c6 kate777
hello :)

Before i actually review, i'd just like to say i totally agree with you, i was surprised at how few reviews there were.

I loved this chapter :) Thanks for explaining a bit about Robert, he almost seemed too perfect, haha :) the charms a really cool idea.

I'm glad the basilisk was good! I like how you explained Slytherin differently too.

I always find it really difficult to write the big action scenes, so in particular i was impressed by that, you did it really well.

Will you write anything about Robert while he's off doing other things?

As always, really well written. Looking forward to the next chapter :)
8/6/2009 c3 themysterioustickingnoise
I'm sorry, but you lost me over the quidditch rules.

For catching the snitch, you get 150 points, not 50.

And yes, they do count in the game score.
8/6/2009 c6 Nymphadora
You're right - you don't have nearly as many reviews as you deserve considering how much you've given us so far and the caliber of the writing. I like many stories that have Harry being taken away from the Dursleys years before he starts Hogwarts, and the new characters you added help make this stand out. There isn't too much one can change when reworking HP from book 1; there are so many choices and circumstances that are essential to the end result, which leaves little that can be tweaked. But spiffing tweaking so far, ol' chap! I look forward to seeing what you'll do in the meatier books to come. Oh, do continue...
8/4/2009 c2 2Kage James
You lost me here:

“Because he is currently imprisoned in Azkaban for turning over the secret location of the Potter’s to Voldemort and the murder of Peter Pettigrew,” Dumbledore snorted, “Though, between you and I, I highly doubt that if he did it was voluntarily. Black and Potter were practically brothers, neither one of them, or their friends Remus and Peter, would betray each other willingly. As for Peter’s death…well, there is a convenient lack of evidence down that road if you ask me.”

If Dumbledore didn't believe that Sirius was guilty why wouldn't he allow a fair trial?

...And yes the little things get me. If I get really bored I might just skip it, but that point gave me a feel for how you will right Dumbledore. I'm not sure this is the fic for me with the OC and some of the little details not adding up. I could have read through the OC, because he didn't seem that major.

The story is very well written. So don't let this little thing bother you.

KJ
8/4/2009 c1 1juxtaPoseidon
Your writing has a good style, and quality, but your plot is a little lacking. The biggest thing that I find wrong with this story is Robert. He is just entirely too perfect. He seems to know everything, he has a perfect job, and he's around too much for someone who's not enrolled in Hogwarts. You'll find way too many similarities between a younger, cool, handsome Dummbledore. Otherwise, the story is great

-Lazy Lazuli
8/4/2009 c5 kate777
i'm actually really enjoying this. It's not too quick either, which is surprising as your doing the books in 2 chapters.

Roberts really cool, you've written him well :)

Looking forward to the next chapter!
8/1/2009 c4 1stopthatbluecat
Nice, congrats to your lovely writing.
7/30/2009 c3 Merlyn the wizard
Actually I really like this story, I can't wait for the explanations...

I think you wrote a few good chapters, even if I had hoped for some more pranks. Perhaps when Ginny arrives she could join the twins with Harry, because I think Hermione is to obsessed with the rules and Ron is for one to lazy and to noisy/unable to keep a secret. But I like the idea of Robert following them around. Keep up the good and quite fast work.
7/30/2009 c3 3benperez31
It's an interesting story with Harry having someone watching over him but not coddling him. Robert is quite funny and interesting though he does come out like a male version of a Mary Sue but I don't really care if he does. It makes for a great way to mix canon with your own ideas. Please go on with the story. I loved the part where Harry thought Ginny was cute and was confused why he did. You do have a few spelling mistakes but that's all right. One thing though, I don't think Schindler's List was shown in 1993 so they wouldn't know of it. Oh well, it's just one thing. Please do a bit of research for cultural references before using them, just so they don't ruin the impact of using them. Just a piece of friendly advice. Please update soon.
7/29/2009 c3 1Passionismywriting
went a bit fast for me, but I guess that's the point. where in the story are things going to differ from canon? hope you don't take to long updating. peace
7/29/2009 c2 Passionismywriting
this is starting off really good. the stories interesting and moves well. why is there a scabbers though? is it peter? can't wait till the next one. peace
46 « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 Next »