for One Afternoon

4/3/2017 c1 43Celridel
Oh, so sweet. Glad Aredhel got a happy ending in this one, she needed it. :)
7/30/2013 c1 3dianaprincess
Awww. That was so sweet. I've always wanted Aredhel to have a happy ending, and I guess this is about as good as it gets. It was a very good story.
8/13/2010 c1 39GwennielOfNargothrond
Faved! 3

This was really cute and well written. I don´t mind that you have made Celegorm and Aredhel more of same age (I do the same). I´ve often wondered the differences between ages, but seeing as they are elves, how could some decades bother? They´re immortal! ;)Come to think of it, you described them exactly as I had pictured them, both in appearance and behaviour...
5/12/2010 c1 11FireFly07
Can you believe that I read this, faved this, and deleted in from my faves? How I could not have reviewed, either, I haven't the faintest idea. *shakes head*

This was so cute! *squeals* I love how Celegorm couldn't think up a good story, and Irisse was all excited and bubbly, and then it flashed to a time later and you managed to still make it cute! Especially the phrase "Now, there was definitely something different about the way she said it."

This is returning to my faves. Jeez, I was really stupid. :) Now I support Celegorm/Aredhel... *hee*
4/16/2010 c1 62Sauron Gorthaur
I thought this was really sweet, but it also had underlying bitter-sweetness as it foreshadowed Maeglin and Idril. It also was very deep - why exactly IS it wrong from cousins to marry? If that question had been considered by the elves, think of all the heartache that could have possibly been forestalled. I enjoyed the neat way in which you mingled cute and intellectual, and you managed it in a skillful way.

The story telling bit was fantastic - I could totally see the scene happening as I read it. Your descriptions are so vivid that your words created the scene before my eyes. Wonderful job! Although after reading this story, I feel the need to brush up on the Quenyan? names of all the characters!

Well-written with a "otherwordly" timeless feeling very like the Silmarillion, a A+ demonstration of the Elvish languages, and realistic, interesting characters. In short, it was a delight to read. Keep on writing!

-Sauron Gorthaur
8/23/2009 c1 Deleted Account Pending Remove
First off, I'm surprised! Not at all disappointed, mind you - but when you said "a Finwëan romance" I really thought you meant Finwë himself and either Míriel or Indis! I didn't expect Celegorm and Aredhel. :) Now I want to see a romance fic about Finwë also! Deliver, or I shall have to write one eventually when I have time! Hopefully both! Anyway. On to my review.

This fanfic is too cute! Little Celegorm standing "as still as a little garden statue with golden hair" - LOL! And then sniffing like a hound! I absolutely believe it!

The whole fic is clearly and beautifully described. You've completely accomplished that elusive and elite writing goal of filming a mental movie for your readers. I saw it all at least as clearly as I saw the actors and scenery in the live movies - and it looked even more like the way I imagine Tolkien's world than the (excellent!) movies did to me, since I got to fill in my own images along the way while reading your fic. :)

You know what else? NEVER have I imagined -Celegorm-, or any canon Tolkien character for that matter, trying as so many of us fanfic writers do to come up with a name for an elven OC! 'Eldarien', indeed! That is SO like the OC names we all come up with! I have to thank you for the sheer brilliance of that and the entire brain-wracking, OC-creating, character-flaw-dreaming-up storytelling scene!

Celegorm and Aredhel make a cute couple, and you've beautifully done the idea justice in this fic. Might you be persuaded to write a longer Celegorm/Aredhel romance? Yes, I know there's the cousin issue but you can no doubt think up lots of options for a plot to address that, with or without a happy ending. Any which way, I'd dearly love to see it!

-Lysana
8/6/2009 c1 belinda
its so sweet. love how you describe them
8/2/2009 c1 10Clodia
I must admit that I'm not very fond of the pairing or one of the characters; however, you write both beautifully. Your serious pieces are very well done. Thank you!
8/1/2009 c1 51LeCastor
Aw, this is adorable. You did a great job of acknowledging the *cough* customs issues, and still made it very plausible. And it's so cute. Your child voice is very realistic, and you supply ample detail for us to picture the scene.

I love the hide and seek pattern. Very like a foreshadowing.

Great job!
8/1/2009 c1 560Min Daae
-bzuh aw. They're cute! And I still picture Celegorm with dark hair (whatever) but the picture itself is so damn cute. And 'you're my favouritest cousin' might have killed me just a little.

^^ Makes me happy.