for The Nine are Abroad

11/29/2014 c1 32Selective scifi junkie
Again, nice. You like your baddies don't you? I like the rhythmic nature of this, I do think a few lines could scan better, maybe "The one who hinders them is naught but a fool" could be "the one who impedes them is naught but a fool". The meaning is unchanged, but you get im-PEDES, which is normal, rather than hin-DERS, which sounds a bit funny. I would say "When their cries rend the air in the darkest night hour" to keep the 1,2,3, 1,2,3 1,2,3, 1 going. Of course, I am assuming I'm using the rhythm you meant. Similarly, "It calls to them always this terrible thing" holds to that pattern better. The more I like a fic (is this a fic? to my mind, fics are prose), the more I will pick at it. If it's bad, I won't review, if it's mediocre, I'll write three words then run out of meaningful things to say.
11/25/2011 c1 18Nazgul67
this is amazing! AND I DON'T BELIEVE IT'S ABOUT THE NAZGUL! (fangirl squeal) believe it or not, i'm hooked on the ring-wraiths, and I DON'T know the colour of Legolas' underpants. In fact, the thought of legolas makes me gag. Excuse me, I need to vomit really really bad.
11/21/2011 c1 46The Wayfaring Strangers
Nice job! I wish my poems would turn out like this. *sighs*
10/23/2010 c1 17InkWeaverabc
great poem, kinda spooky in a good way. exelent rhymes though occasionally did not scan perfectly. :D
3/5/2010 c1 KOKOHARTSU
LOVE IT! I adore LOTR and most of all the Ringwraiths.
3/3/2010 c1 Ann
This was a really good poem. Usually I don't like poetry but yours flowed very well. I also really like the part near the end where you said "Beware them, O Men, and think on their tale. Do not fall as they fell. Do not fail as they failed." We usually don't hear about the Nazgul but you described them very well. Great Job!
8/17/2009 c1 Deleted Account Pending Remove
Well, another great poem from you! Yet another very successful rhythm - pounding like hoofbeats this time! Very fitting. The way some of your lines are multiple short sentences really works. :)

I particularly like the cautioning part near the end:

"Nine rings on nine fingers, a terrible fate.

They found out afterwards. They found out too late.

Beware them, O Men, and think on their tale.

Do not fall as they fell. Do not fail as they failed."

I don't often hear of the Riders being held up as a warning to others, but it's a good warning for sure! And not just to characters in the story - all of us would do well to watch out for the traps of power and arrogance. That certainly includes me, big-time!

Nice touch, also, complimenting the quality of their horses at the beginning of the poem. It's quite true - they would have had some of the very best!

-Lysana
8/9/2009 c1 5arty1minerva
It seems a bit like, well, i write poetry, and it's basically what i would write. (though i'm pretty advanced for my age). but yeah, i like it. this is one of my favorite stories! yay!