FanFiction.Net
for Box on the Stool

1/17/2010 c1 Slytherin66
Nice story and good idea.
1/2/2010 c1 BakerStreetIsLastRefugeOfHope
A great story. Very well written.
12/15/2009 c1 9fledge
While it is certainly well written and quite touching, as well EXACTLY the way Harry would most likely behave, I have a bit of a problem with Kreacher himself: He used to be rather vile during most of canon, and I never bought that he changed so easily in such a short time. I men, he has been indoctrinated with the Black pureblood stoff all his life, so I can't really image that. However, that's nor your fault, it's rather one of the numerous plot-holes in the laast two books.

It's very telling that you have Hermione as the prominent female character (hugging Harry after his speach), while Ginny is just mentioned as an afterthought, even though Harry eventually marries her...
12/10/2009 c1 13books101
That was so sweet. I really loved it. Thank you, I have always thought Kreacher deserved more mention after the last book.
12/10/2009 c1 11brigrove
very sweet
11/28/2009 c1 SomeGuyFawkes
Meh, it tries to be touching, but it comes of sappy and slightly OOC for Harry.

Moreover, Kreacher was not a sympathetic character. He helped murder Sirius and was glad of it! Likewise, his scheme would have killed Harry - if it had gone as planned.

No, Kreacher was vile in many ways, and for decades. His later partial turnaround does not excuse his crimes.
11/20/2009 c1 119dogbertcarroll
Hell of a tear jerker.
11/9/2009 c1 177Firehedgehog
sniff.. so sad
10/2/2009 c1 riegert8
good story
9/2/2009 c1 lija
Very good little story. Short and simple, yet full of emotions. Glad that you didn't have Hermione harp on her beliefs since it really annoyed me that most of the other stories have the guys cowering away from her and letting her boss them around in regards to house elves. Anyway, very good story and lovely yet sad ending at the end. So very appropriate that he took his freedom at the very end. DH made me believe that Kreacher would stay loyal until his death and your story was spot on.
8/22/2009 c1 6ProfessorWannaBe
A very nice tribute to Kreacher. I felt sorry for him in OotP and HBP then began to like him after he told the Trio about the locket. When he led the Hogwarts house-elves into the battle I fell in love with him. I think this is exactly how he would have liked to live the remainder of his life.
8/20/2009 c1 31lovely rubber boots
This is a very sweet story. I love the way Harry handled it. And Kreacher's so great. Good job!
8/20/2009 c1 1Frocked