for Scar Tissue

8/9 c25 Pakowski
So finally I re-read Scar Tissue and can write a review.
I liked the story in general.
Beginning:
It is absolutely beautiful and interesting from the starting point, I absolutely adore how you set angst and drama, interactions Asuka with Shinji sets the story and interest how will they overcome their problems and would they finally find happines. Shinji's nightmares and tortures when Asuka calms him down was absolutely wholesome and cute.
Middle:
When I re-read it for 2nd time I just skipped that new plot which pumped in, reading only part with EVA-02 mainly concentrating on Shinji's and Asuka's relationship. Still when I read first time plot was interesting and good structured with balance but I didn't like the antagonist he's just too esoteric and I couldn't figure out which side he was on (maybe because was the whole point lmao). In conclusion middle was good because of how flaw and plot of the story makes 180 turn mixing flashbacks when Asuka abused Shinji with Asuka being shot and protagonist which makes our main characters more closer but not without a step back when Asuka with her insecurity shut off Shinji. Ah, and also Asuka's and Rei's catfight was funny to read and how Shinji deals with Asuka's problem.
Ending:
I can't say much about ending only about how good was lemon and how detalized the final fight was with good and happy ending and a bitemark before final fight.
In conclusion:
I liked story alot. What makes this an absolute masterpice in my opinion it's how you handled Shinji's and Asuka's problems, insecurities and the situation in which they were caught up with how they come up to this before Shinji ends up in hospital, how well detalized and structured you fic is. My most favorite moments were interactions with main characters, and flashbacks 10\10.

P.S Thank you for your work and time that you spent on this beautiful story.
7/3 c11 Astraaal
Started reading this a few days ago, recommended to me by the oh-so-generous people in the Asushin Discord Server. And I was in for a ride: Didn't know what to expect. I was warned about it being a little different, maybe not the best choice for a beginner in the community, but my curiosity couldn't let me read something else. The word "Overwhelmed" doesn't even come close to how I felt in the start. After pushing through so far, I can honestly say this : This fic is just something else, a one-in-a-billion for FanFiction standards. The story telling is out of this world, exceeding my expectations by a couple hundred times. So hooked am I in this that I have honestly spent more time reading this than doing anything else the past week, and I'd do it again, no regrets. The world the author has created is cruel and unforgiving, yet somehow still hopeful. The story feels redeeming and therapeutic, with the occasional flashbacks every once in a while to shot you right back down, only to find yourself even more hopeful afterwards. The characters have been designed magnificently and the scenery is somehow always perfect. This is one of the works I'd recommend to anyone into the Evangelion franchise. I am not even halfway to the end (The work being 500k words which is simply insane to say the least) and I can already say that it's one of the best stories I've read in my life, exceeding the realm of fan-fictions. Insanely talented author with amazing ideas and an even better execution of said ideas-honestly an acid trip I'd take any day. Of course, this is not a final review but a small one where I wanted to express my amazement at the SHEER MAGNITUDE of such a story and how the grim, cruel and rash world portrayed still manages to create love, hope, and genuine understanding. Saying 10/10 would be an understatement, I'm looking forward to continuing this masterpiece. Worthy of being called my favourite of all time, even at the early stage I'm at so far.
6/18 c25 16SheriffJohnStone
You did it DB you did it you have brought Scar Tissue to a close!

This second epilogue took the growth from the first and did even more with it. I like that it carries the tone from the end of epilogue 1 and transition it into this. Flows really nicely throughout.

The scenes in the prison were nice. As the resident Ritsuko simp I was happy to see my wife in action here, I'm so proud of her for continuing to be the baddest bitch. Her "I don't give a shit" demeanour is fun, and her brutal honesty with Shinji is real nice. I like the humour in it, along with the Gendo scene.

Rei didn't have as much here, which is both okay, and makes me wish she had a bit more. Her arc ended on a good note though - being human. Not much else to say.

Asuka stole the show here. The culmination of how she's been feeling after the whole story, plus the stuff people have been saying about her in epilogue 1, really comes to a nice close here. I especially liked the scene with Misato, as it shows maturity with her, where instead of going in circles like she does earlier in the story, she moves forward. That much is reflected in the scene towards the end where she and Shinji have their moment on the couch. This epilogue ends for both of them on a great note - they've matured, they've overcome a lot, and they're working through things one day at a time, no matter what. Things won't always be communicated properly, and they'll never be perfect, but they're movin' and groovin' through all of it.

As far as the others go, the scenes with Dmitri here were good. It makes peace with a troubled original character in a good way. I've expressed my distaste for OC's in the past, with Dmitri being no exception. In the main story, he's very over the top in a way that comes off as comical a lot of the time, but here, he's got a completely different flavour, which I think reflects the author's maturity with the story as well. Even in less subtle ways, like him promising not to kill anymore, show that. The best example of a grown, more mature Dmitri is shown with Vasily. He brings out that tenderness that Dmitri was unthought of having. Doesn't fix the problems I have with him as a legit character earlier in the story, but gives him some unexpected, yet welcome nuance.

Admittedly, I found the stuff with Kyoko to be sort of lacklustre, in both epilogue 1 and here. The reunion is a nice and tender moment, and I appreciate it for that very reason, but I found it, combined with the previous epilogue, to not hit as hard as I'd hoped. The epilogue would've fared better without her in it, or with more of her to really sell that final scene. I think I lean towards the former, but it's a bit of a toss-up.

I was also a bit meh on the camping trip. Not bad, not amazing, I just have little to say about it aside from that it was cool to see some more bonding between Kensuke, Toji, and Shinji.

Scar Tissue is hailed as being great WAFF (Warm and Fuzzy Feelings for the kids at home reading this review like the essential literature it is). What it delivers here is an improved version of what is given earlier in the story. It's not over the top or "kissy kissy 24/7," but it's tender, not very loud in comparison to everything else. Like a treat in some ways. To me, the scene towards the end on the couch gives me that feeling of "Scar Tissue written with the quality of Redemption Song" that I had been wanting to see.

With all this being said, I think that continuing Scar Tissue beyond the ending you've given - not once, but twice - isn't really necessary. Why refuse to let this story be? The only person that has authority to continue Scar Tissue as yourself, so you can disregard my suggestion to leave the fic as-is if you'd like. However, I do implore you to take it into consideration.

Good ending, shows a lot of growth from the roots of this story, and I'm glad it's here. Cheers DB. I would slam back some rum but it is not the hour for me to drink till I puke so I'll save it for another time. Peace.
6/12 c25 1Blackunknown
An excellent roller coaster of hurt and healing. I can’t really say more than what’s already been said. Thanks for writing this great tale.
5/30 c6 Alexander Lawliet
Ok listen. I can't read this fic often. Its like going through evangelion again and I can't do that. I watched eva once and it broke me pretty hard. This fic feels the same way watching that did. So good job from re opening that wound. I'll be back since your writing quality is reably good but I need to go drown myself in some fluff happy eva fics to bandaid the bullet wound you re opened.
5/25 c23 BirdBro
Wow. I haven't read the epilogues yet, so I apologize for reviewing a story I haven't finished but I just felt the need to comment on what I just read.

I think I'd started reading Scar Tissue earlier this year, people recommended the story a lot so I thought I should give it a go but needless to say I wasn't a fan. I gave up around the chapter 10 mark or so, too much darkness for me (at the time).
But after reading some of your other stuff I had to come back to this fic seeing how popular it was, and I don't regret it whatsoever. I'm not sure what made me dislike this fanfic before but I want nothing more than to slap that dumbass in the face for acting like one because it seems unfathomable for me to feel that way about such now. I really love this story.

From what I've seen from my admittedly really brief time in the discord it's one of the most polarizing Eva fics out there, despite being so beloved. Whether someone didn't like the darkness or just found the premise too outlandish for every few fans of it there's probably someone who couldn't read it the full way through. But man, this story has soul and feels galore, so much dedication has been put into it. I couldn't help but feel for Asuka and Shinji who seemed to never get a break from the horror of the world they were unfortunate enough to be born into, their relationship seemed doom to fail but somehow you were able to turn it all around when I finally reached the end.

Both of them deserve happiness and the opportunity to heal from their trauma and the best way to accomplish that is with each other. Their bond in this fic is unbreakable and no matter what life throws at them from here, they're by each others side ready to fight on. You have a gift for taking a situation of such an incomprehensible volume of darkness and somehow managing to turn it around to one of the most fulfilling endings I've seen for a fic. And after all they went through during this ride they deserve it. The sheer emotion poured into each scene and the build up to the climax was so amazingly perfect that the ride to the conclusion was almost as gripping as it's eventual end for me, I ended up binging this in a week. Which honestly feels a bit disrespectful to me (It's been over ten years in the making), I'll need to read it again for sure and I'm certain I'm only going to enjoy this fic even more that time around and the many other rereads I think I'll get through.

Scar Tissue isn't perfect, there are some almost cringey scenes (but almost in a good way?) and Dmitri gets a bit silly from the edginess but I definitely don't hate what was brought from these additions to the story. And honestly, I don't think this fic would be what it is without them.

I'm not sure how to express how I feel about this story with words, I can't for the life of me articulate it properly so I apologize profusely if this came across as rambling. But I have to say, Scar Tissue is just incredible dude. I have to applaud you for writing this, sticking it out the full way through has to have been one of the better decisions I've made recently. I've seen you express a bit of self deprecation with this fic and while I haven't finished Relapse to comment on if it's better yet, I don't think Scar Tissue's issues come close to outweighing it's strengths because it just does so much right. It almost feels like a season 2 of Evangelion in writing, a very twisted one at that but these characters have just been done so well. I honestly think this may be my favourite Fanfiction so far.

Anyways yeah, this is a masterwork to me. I just have to say well done man because you exceeded my expectations for this fic in so many ways and I just love it. Whenever I get around to finally writing my own fics I know this will be one of my main inspirations. I can't express in words how excited I am to see what you have in store next, whether it's finally getting around to reading the epilogues of Scar Tissue, Relapse or anything new you have planned I'm all for it. Thank you.
5/19 c18 1Wing Zero Alchemist
Who was the 4th person Shinji brought back from the dead? There's Asuka, Kaji, and Kyoko, but I can't remember a 4th.

Also is the implication that all dead people go to that stomach/hell, or just special cases? Cause that's fucking dark if everyone who dies gets eaten.
5/17 c12 Wing Zero Alchemist
I feel like this chapter is one of my favorites and least favorites. I really don't like Rei in this story. And I think that actually says a lot about how well she's written, since I'm usually indifferent to her.
Here though, I want to shake her like a ragdoll. And it's so satisfying hearing her get blasted with the armor piercing "Where the fuck were you?"
Because this is her fault. More than Asuka, she put Shinji in the hospital. She is the one who stuffed the barrel of gunpowder that was Asuka and Shinji after Third Impact. She is more at fault for Third Impact than anyone barring Gendo and SEELE. At least Akagi tried to stop it at the very end. And then Rei put the trigger in the hands of a broken boy she was supposed to care about. She gave him the agony of godhood. And now she blames Asuka for coming out and being broken in a broken world after she already broke under the machinations that Rei was an active participant in.

And Asuka was still stronger than her. Better than her.

Broken, hurt, scared Shinji managed to reject Instrumentality. And then ASUKA, the girl who'd been broken, given hope again only to then be humiliated and then eaten alive, managed to put herself together, reject whatever paradise she conjured, and face the harsh world by choosing reality. They were both able to put their broken selves back together.
And yet Rei couldn't. It took Gendo painfully forcing her to get her shit together. She was apparently able to watch Shinji and view countless realities, but she couldn't get her shit together enough to actually come do anything about her own sins until the breaking point. Until Asuka decided, on her own, to break the terrible cycle she'd fallen into and start to heal.

And then Rei has the GALL to think she's entitled to her pound of flesh.

That's not righteousness. That's not justice. That's not even the familial desire to protect your family. Rei wanted selfish satisfaction. She wanted revenge for no other reason than because she was angry and jealous.
Justice is constructive. Justice is about solving problems and making things better. Retribution and punishment without constructive purpose aren't justice, it's just cruelty and selfishness. If Rei truly wanted what was best for Shinji then she'd be focusing on how best to help him get his head straight, and by extension help Asuka get her's straight.

It's such a human attitude for Rei to have. It's realistic, which is why I think that my disgust is a sign of it being well written.

But I can't stand her. I can't stand hypocrisy like this, this weakness of character. I hate people who are selfish under the veneer of helping the ones they claim to care about. Even if they're just lying to themselves.

It's not wrong to be weak. That's pretty much Eva in a nutshell. Shinji is weak. Asuka is weak.
But they admit it. They confront it.
And that makes them a hell of a lot stronger than most. Especially Rei.
5/16 c25 Born2Run
Scar Tissue Epilogue (Spoilers Ahead)

Well DB I’m a man of my word (sometimes….lol). After finished the Epilogue to your most celebrated and infamous work I have to say this was an absolute treat to finally read. First off I loved how small scale and down to earth it was being that the war and Seele were long gone by this point and it really felt like a calming character reflection that the end of the original story didn’t have time to cover since it needed to ties up all the loose ends. The theme to me felt very much as a question of how to go about your life once you achieve victory and or survive adversity and how to live life to the best of your ability even you are not fully healed. You paint a scenario where both Shinji and Asuka have everything they wanted and fought for a safe world where they could be together in peace. What we see however despite a seemingly happily ever after is not actually as perfect as one might expect as news has leaked on their former troubled relationship which has made everyday life for both pilots a daily struggle as they are constantly judged, looked at and mocked at particularly Asuka, but I’ll be sure to go back to that.

To make matters worse both former pilots still have trouble dealing with what happened in the past and struggle to come to terms with it while simultaneously trying to be the best partner they can be to each other. Asuka still feel understandable guilty for what she did to Shinji and terrified that he like everyone else so far in her life will eventually leave her while Shinji in turn without even realizing it is still upset at what Asuka did to him but can’t properly express this problem since his love for her is so strong. This leads to the epilogue’s other major theme which is restraint not to each other like prior in the story but to the ignorant outsiders who place judgment on the two’s complicated relationship. The battle is now not with Seele or the angles but living a normal life and not falling apart with the baggage they carry from the past. The opening scene of Asuka’s mourning routine paints this beautifully by showing a survivor who has made mistakes along the way just trying to fine peace and clarity in a world where her original purpose of in life piloting Eva is a thing of the past.

Despite this strive the epilogue never goes to places of intense darkness or have the characters act out on each other like before but rather shows us just how far the two have come and grown as individuals. Rather than have a big fight the two simply have an a more mild argument and are mature enough to give each other a little space to clear each other’s head. In Asuka’s case you give her a beautiful scene with Misato summoning the courage to break through her walls in a way that only Shinji had been able do prior. Shinji however goes through a journey in its self through gaining advice from Ritsuko, his father, his friends and even his former arch enemy. Ritsuko provided wonderful character relief through drilling common sense through a very matter of fact type of way.

However Shinji’s most interesting of these conversations came from his interaction with the Dman himself. Of all the characters to grow the most since the previous chapter Dmitri takes the cake as like many great anime of the past have shown even the most vicious and unredeemable people are capable of change. By having his brother back in his life he is given him a new purpose and a chance to fully start over as he much like the other former pilots has learned to live a normal life. It’s poetic that the person who Shinji considered his greatest enemy comes to him when he is at lowest and most lost as a guardian angel that sets him on the right path. Vasya might just be my favorite original character you ever created, a being of pure wonder, joy and full of life. He is the complete opposite of what his brother use to be and considering what he when through in the past its absolute heartwarming to watch him. I loved how it was Vasya love and admiration that did the most to bring Shinji back to reality and realize there was so much to be thankful for. In just the short amount of time we spent with him you have made me adore him and put him in such high regard with other great Eva fanfic OC’s like Aki from Second Try and Keiko from Genocide.

Rei and Kyoko also received some nice growth. With Rei we see the former weapon wrestle with the fact her life’s purpose is over and we see her early steps into becoming a normal member of society, something she never dreaming in a million years. With Kyoko we see a women who after doing the impossible task of orchestrating Seele end and ensure her daughters safety now finally allow herself the chance to attempt to heal from the absurd amount of trauma she faced prior to the 3rd impact. The payoff with her finally gaining the courage to come face to face with her daughter is easily one of the most heartwarming endpoints I ever read in a story and was well worth the wait. It’s also worth noting that Shinji’s triumphant return home to his Asuka and them looking out at the city they fought so hard to protect is as romantic and beautiful as an ending can get. Now going back to the constant judgment and hate that Asuka has to endure throughout the epilogue, I just want to say is its self a masterstroke of appropriate Meta story telling.

Even before reading Scar Tissue I was very aware of how divided people were on Scar Tissue and even though its easily one of the most beloved pieces of Eva fanfiction out there it often gets a bad rap from people who either misunderstand the story like I mentioned in my previous review or just don’t enjoy the darker aspects of the story. While I definitely agree that Scar Tissue certainly isn’t for everyone to say it’s a terrible interpretation or that it’s deliberately trying to disrespect the source material is an incredibly ignorant statement and can only be made if you refused to pay attention to the story or don’t know or understand the man who wrote it. Other great pieces of pop culture like Batman have a verity of interpretations ranging from the lighter hearted silver age stories to the gritty ultra-dark Frank Miller ones and everything in-between. There’s no reason the same can’t be done with Evangelion and still be true the original series. I have been very fortunate to get know you over the past few months on discord and gotten to learn so much more about what influenced Scar Tissue. You have given valid and articulate points on why Shinji and Asuka are the way they are in the story based on real life accounts of how people particularly child soldiers who faced similar traumas have behaved.

That being said I know negative criticism can occasionally take a toll as it would any writer and the unfortunately way the rebuilds ended hasn’t helped much either. However you have continued on and have only grown as a writer with your newest stories and that fact truly shows through this epilogue. A normal epilogue most often just simply shows a passage of time and where the characters are after the events of the 3rd act. You however have taken this concept and taken in an ingenious artistic direction of inviting us the reader to see firsthand your often dysfunctional relationship with a work that is so dear to you and is truly a part of your soul. Ironically this type of storytelling is identical to what Anno attempted in rebuild movies. But while those movies left many fans dissatisfied you manage to do the complete opposite by integrating your personal struggles with the stories backlash onto the main characters. And it’s done in a way that not only makes complete sense in the story but also enhances it as a whole while staying true to its themes.

You have told me that as a youth you often had to fight to get through life but by becoming an author you now face a new challenge of dealing with adversity that you can’t face head on and requires restrain. Which is exactly what both Shinji and Asuka must do when faced with ignorant people who aren’t mature enough to try to understand what both pilots have gone through and sacrificed for them to live in the peace that they already seem to take for granite. This is exactly the same mind set of most of your critics as they don’t realize just how realistic all of the stories darkest scenes are. What you have accomplished here is something you should truly be proud, a closing chapter to a story about finding hope and love against impossible odds which is what I feel most readers including myself look for in a story. I am so happy that I not only read this story in its entirety but also that I got to know you as the kind and inspiring person you are and I can’t wait to read your other stories!
5/8 c25 wgolyoko
First paragraph of Asuka thinking of parallels between her and the dog was cringe. Cringe in that good old ST way, god it felt good to read that.
Actually, all of it felt good, even the harsher moments in the first chapter. Shit man, it was a great mix of frustration at our poor cast facing their current problems and satisfaction at how far they've come. I particularly loved how Shinji and Asuka were arguing in circles (both damn well knowing it) and actually took a mature approach to the situation. Good job, brats. And OH MY GOD Misato's trying to be a somewhat competent mother figure to Asuka ! Reading through that part felt heart-ripping for her. I guess with that, no one's running away anymore, huh ?

I loved the Asuka POV. You managed to instill a lot of tension through Asuka trying to keep her anger a check, that was cool. It prevented boredom during the beginning where stage-setting and some exposition was needed. I wasn't expecting the epilogue to be so "soon" in the timeline, but that allows for it to not be just sunshine and rainbows with the characters having worked through their problems ; we get to see that happening.
But you didn't need to make Rei cry why would you do that you horrible monster :'( I was taken aback by Rei being an actually human, shit made me smile like an idiot.

The dialogs were great, no long-winded bullshit and nothing felt unatural, quite the contrary. The prison scenes were especially good in that regard, managing to be funny yet balanced with characters not being OOC. ST Rits is still a magnificent bastard. A woman of determination, commitment, and sheer fucking will. "Don't worry, you just need to be psychoanalysed." BONK "There, psycho analysed." God I fucking love Rits. The reference to Rick&Morty was hilarious, if intended.
Also YOOOOO GENDO AND FUYU BE KUNG-FU FIGHTING IN THEIR YOUTH ? SPIN-OFF FIC WHEN ?

The Kyoko bits were cool too ! I think it's a good idea to keep her and Asuka separated, allows for more growth for Asuka. The last part with Vasily, and then Shinji and Asuka on the couch almost sent me to the dentist due to the amount of sugar-coated fluff, but I still grinned at it.

Overall note : we got D-man, 10/10. Bonus point for putting a "Baka" in there x)
5/4 c1 Guest
I enjoyed this chapter, but now that i think about it, Asuka so casually hacking at Shinji's hospital door is terrifying in hindsight because yeah, thankfully she wanted to apologize, but imagine if that wasn't the intent and she was there to abuse him again.
5/2 c25 4Chucky117
And so the final curtain closes for ST with the second epilogue.

And what a joyous ride this was. I liked that you gave each of our favorite characters a short separate arc. Asuka with Misato and Hikari, and Shinji with the Ritsuko (best version, hands down), the stooges, Dmitri.

I personally really liked the Ritsuko and Shinji scene, Ritsuko being annoyed that the irony was lost to Shinji, That was funny and I loved that whole scene, especially with her being like, "Sit down, it's my turn."

The personal time between Asuka and Misato was sweet and nice - Misato taking the first steps to connect with Asuka before the two can finally drop their walls around each other and work to grow.

Toji was a true bro in this chapter (in my opinion). Telling the way it is instead of sugar coating it. I appreciate it when my friends do that, helps me wake up faster than when someone babies it.

Dmitri was a fun read. The confrontation being hostile to small mutual respect for each other, it was something I appreciated with the antagonist. It gave more flavor to his character.

Lastly, the Asuka and Shinji - their last moments were so sweet. The closer and growth that they went through, all came together with a nice bow tie (at least in my opinion). Both slowly learn to forgive themselves. The reunion after their short time apart, Asuka treating his injuries, and I really loved Shinji saying that he'll stick with her and knows that they'll always find a way back together with Asuka being touched by what he said. I loved every bit of that.

Man, and it comes to a conclusion of a great story. This is one of my favorite stories and will always be. I look forward to more of your work Lord DB!
5/1 c25 daikahieu
Scar Tissue, possibly simultaneously the most hated and the most deeply loved fanfic in the Eva community, has finally reached its ending, and what does it taste like? Incredibly sweet and to quote Hoodiebud: "KEEEEWWWWWWWWT"! Rereading previous chapters, seeing the progress Asuka and Shinji make and then choose to fully let go of their baggage in the epilogue makes me feel a strong sense of elation. They deserve this, of course they're never going to be able to change the past or the deeds that have been performed, but they have strived and succeeded to be better for both themselves and each other, now they've got everything they've ever wanted or needed and it is so utterly amazing that they have managed to embrace the presence. It serves perfectly as the resolution for Scar Tissue, a fic that explores redemption, forgiveness and love. Speaking of love, the WAFF in this one is just too potent, it's like DB has a vendetta against his fans for liking ST and just inject them with concentrated WAFF to give everyone of them type 2 diabetes. Seeing Asuka and Shinji treating each other with so much love and care and without a hint of mental barrier between them is just so wholesome it hurts, everything I've ever wanted for them after the things they've been through with each other. I also loved seeing Misato trying to comfort Asuka in Shinji's absence, it's a long overdue reconciliation between two people whose relationship has been made awkward by the past events of the fic but know they care for each other. It is also great for Asuka to be able to confide in Misato, to find support for her growing frustration and anxiety. Another thing I liked about the epilogue is D-man and his little brother, it is nice to see him finding a reason to live on in Vasya, and Vasya is great too, he's an innocent and wholesome bundle of energy, reminds me a bit of Touji's sister in YANAF. I'm also glad to see Shinji getting to spend his time with his 2 bros like normal teenage boys.
And now for the parts I didn't like, I had a few problems with the epilogue part 2, which is surprising since part 1 was stellar and I found almost nothing to complain about. I feel like most of these problems come from the fact that I expect the epilogue part 2 to have more of a sense of finality to it, but it seems that you left quite a bit of loose ends to explore in UTB. Even then I feel like part 1 ended with a more defined direction than this one. Rei's exploration of teenage emotions was briefly picked up but barely went anywhere; Kyoko just suddenly appeared in front of their door without us even knowing what she went through from last chapter (which I think did a fine job of explaining her situation btw) to being functional enough to meet her daughter, what is her state now? Is she fully over the episodes or are they still a normal occurrence? I also want to see more of Gendo and Ritsuko if you can come up with interesting subplots for them to explore how they are doing after everything (although I think Ritsuko had a pretty neat role in this chapter). Hopefully UTB will pick up on the loose ends and resolve the problems I have with the epilogue.
But finally, I want to congratulate you DB, it must be great to slowly mature as a writer and a person while having a passion project showing that growth, and to have that passion project connect with so many people, me included, so I congratulate you for finally completing this amazing fic, your child has truly matured now, it has ended on a good note. I am incredibly grateful to be on this ride and be able to witness your journey, albeit late, thank you very much for writing this incredible piece of media which has resonated so much with me and others. You rock DB, I will be waiting eagerly for UTB, I'm sure it will be great as usual (don't expect a review as long as this one everytime tho kek, this is more of a one time thing, also sorry if the flow of the review is weird, I didn't plan it beforehand). Much love.
4/25 c25 1TheLegend2764
It’s almost over. Scar tissue itself is done but under the bridge is gonna be awesome. I’m so happy you’re continuing because you can’t give us that kind of a cliff hanger and just expect everything to just be hunky dory. With Kyoko in play, I can’t wait to see what Under the bridge will have in store. I think some small plot threads have been half es tied up here with gendo and ritsuko in jail and rei becoming more of a person. I really hope we get to focus more on rei, Toji, ritsuko, and the rest of the supporting cast in the small sequel because we had a couple moments in here but not enough substance to completely rap everything up so UTB will be like the nice little bow on top. Anyways, those are just my opinions and I will be reviewing when the sequel comes out. Great job man
4/25 c25 EvaPilotFair
"Do you like the view?"

"I love it"

To me, this is an excellent and poetic way to close out this story for our two favorite pilots. After everything they went through in canon, EOE, Post-EOE, the events in this story, and now just learning how to live life with all that behind them is, surreal to me, dorky as that sounds. No one but them can understand what they went through, and on the surface level, everyone doesn't think they should be near each other. Maybe they're right, but however after experiencing this story, they just may never know how wrong they are. I don't know why, but something about them overlooking the rooftop and saying that exchange above just feels so right to close out that story.

They may never be the same, it may hurt, heck, it'll probably be difficult for the rest of their lives. However, moments of serenity like them on the rooftop and knowing that at the end of the day, they have each other's backs makes it so great and hopeful for them.

Now to the actual Part 2 of the epilogue: I really liked the comedy in his exchange with Ritsuko. It was funny to me and also serious given what she was saying.

I really liked the scene where Misato comforts Asuka. Like she did in the story before, it finally felt nice to see both of them break down their walls and reach each other. It gives Misato her own path to redemption as a guardian and ain't that great?

I'm really glad Asuka at least is on the path to forgiving herself here, as is Shinji. Despite ST being too dark for my tastes sometimes (and even somethings I don't agree with), I love it when they learn to live with themselves first before they gravitate to each other. On a human level, it's good to see stories like that for me. And this story delivered on that.

Final notes: love the bro's camping trip, I selfishly wish that was longer but I get why it's the way it is. I loved the Dman stuff, glad to see that resolution for him.

And man, I love the Kyoko scene as well. It's an excellent cliffhanger to end on after the surreal peace of the rooftop scene (I love me some cute rooftop scenes).

Congrats on wrapping up this story man. I want to give this story a more in-depth review one day that goes deeper than this one, but until then these are my thoughts on this epilogue. Sorry if it wasn't meaty like my ones on your other stories haha but one day! Also went a little dorky and cringey on this review, couldn't help it, I blame the cute rooftop scene.

Congrats on the finish again, good luck on your other stories (I am eagerly awaiting more RS and Relapse), happy writing, and much love bro!
593 Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »