for Scar Tissue

9/20/2017 c18 Guest
Well, this has been a long time coming. Not the chapter itself. I knew that would come. (We have a few common contacts, it seems.) I mean the happy night for Shinji and Asuka. They're finally starting to get past some of their taumas and sins against each other, and that deep, primal attraction is making itself felt. Asuka's desire to have Shinji mark her, not just in recompense and balance for the scars she gave him, but because she wants _his_ marks on her, a visible and permanent sign that she is the one he desires and burns to claim as his. She wants a mark to be a flag she can wave that says 'Shinji looks at me. He _wants_ me. He needs and loves me.' And they're both trembling on the edge of being able to do that. The mental and emotional scars they bear have made that an uphill climb, but I think that Christmas night got them close enough and gave them enough of a taste they can feel how much they want that next step, and maybe that will let them overcome their fears and do so soon... before the New Year's chaos comes.

It was not a lemon, but an intensely emotional scene for them. That they could get that far was much, much hotter than mere lemon. When Shinji said his last 'No, I want to slow down', it really felt like if Asuka had said 'No, I don't want you to stop' and made it clear she _really_ wanted this, she could have gotten him to do so, and both of them reveled in it. They've been through so much, I hope they do manage to claim that joy before things go to Hell again. They need each other. And they're close to being able to say that out loud.
9/20/2017 c1 Galligar
what... youre back? jees it's been a long time , hope youre doing well
9/20/2017 c19 zarexlibertad
My god...Thank your for coming back, just recently I eas re-reading this for the third time, your timing to comeback was miraculous to me. Have a good day.
4/7/2017 c17 4ThE AnCiEnT DeRuViSh
Very well written story! I'm looking forward towards the showdown between Dmitri and Asuka Shinji.
3/9/2017 c17 Unbansawsage
Maybe im just a peice of shit but i feel like asuka gets more afection than she deserves.
2/19/2017 c1 jjg2670
This hiatus is getting quite tiring. When are you updating?
1/9/2017 c17 4Mister Radical
Fantastic writing, save for the occasional misspellings. Very good understanding of Post-3I, in my own opinion. I'll be honest, the reintroduction of EVA threw me off in the beginning, but it really helps tie in the emotional tension between the characters.

The way you handled the character development between Asuka and Shinji is astounding, and each chapter kept beckoning me to read more.

I'm not keen on the Russian subplot, but the assassination attempt and the aftermath was definitely worth it. I'm curious to see where that transcends in the future, and how it will attempt to further connect to the main storyline.

And the cello...?

Anyway, superb work. If I were to rate this I'd give it a 9/10 (sorry, it would be a 9.5 but it's not complete). I eagerly look forward to reading more of this beautiful story you've crafted.
1/8/2017 c17 1Dragonjek
A lot of the questions and concerns I had about the story were resolved over the course of this. Leaving... something amazing.

I'm glad you stopped writing on this chapter. It's a beautiful resolution to the present conflict between Asuka and Shinji, ends the threat of Unit-02, and explains how Shinji will fight Dmitri in Unit-02.

Are they anywhere near the stage that they'd feel comfortable taking up physical relations with one another again?

As for the creator of the organization Dmitri's in... she's a renowned scientist. She's connected to the main characters. The letter that is the group's symbol is "S"... for Sohryu?
Mama?
1/6/2017 c9 Dragonjek
I can't say I approve too greatly of this "Russian". Mysterious boy soldier who can easily mow through a hundred people with his bare hands, and which the weakened SEELE somehow managed to recapture when he returned from Instrumentality? Some super special Evangelion that somehow works on its own, that has a super-special bond with its pilot that no one understands (SEELE at least understood the bond between Unit 01 and Shinji, even if no one else did-for this kid to be special is something else), and was found and not made with the soul of a pilot's mother in it, yet despite that develops some even greater bond with it's pilot? Acceptable for a main character of his own series (or his rival, antagonist, what have you), but of an OC? That's dangerous territory.

Glad to see Gendo didn't just resume his position in NERV, though.

Also, I hope that Rei doesn't murder Asuka.
1/6/2017 c8 Dragonjek
I'm surprised the guard didn't arrest or shoot Gendo on sight.

More surprising, though, is the way he presently seems to be presented as... well, a victim to Yui's machinations. She and Gendo followed their own Scenario for the Human Instrumentality Project, and it was Gendo who changed it to what it wound up becoming in the end. And the scene with Gendo and Yui when Shinji started Instrumentality presented itself almost entirely as Yui being disappointed in Gendo for what he had done and his cowardice in fleeing from Shinji. Then she bit off his head. That isn't the behavior of someone toward someone they manipulated (even if they went all "you have outlived your usefulness" or "you have failed me for the last time" on the guy). She just seemed angry towards what he did to Shinji (like she did with Sachiel and Zeruel).

Not that he isn't to some degree sympathetic-almost every character has some level to which they can be understood and sympathized with, except for literal incarnations of evil designed from the get-go to be utterly irredeemable and unrelatable. But having gone through with his plans, and done what he has... he doesn't deserve a happy ending. I hope Ritsuko shoots him. If not her, then Misato, or one of the any number of people who know the role he played in Third Impact.
If nothing else, the U.N. finally has someone they can legitimately blame.
1/6/2017 c6 Dragonjek
Please note that I'm saying this as someone who likes Asuka-but why isn't she in jail?

Rape, sexual harassment, torture, assault and battery, and at least a half-dozen other things... this isn't doesn't fall under the Standard Tsundere Package, it's something that's being taken entirely seriously... except that the law isn't being involved and they're still going to be allowed to live in the same building, even if their guardian is having a bigger presence in their lives. Eva isn't around anymore-NERV doesn't need to keep Asuka out of prison in order to pilot on demand.
1/5/2017 c4 Dragonjek
Hm... the thing in Shinji's head doesn't sound remotely like depression (although he certainly suffers from it). He could have developed schizophrenia, I suppose...

My current and more Evangelion-esque theory, though, is that it was an issue with returning to the empirical world. The Absolute Terror Field is generated by every creature to protect their "selves" from everyone else. But the one Shinji is most afraid of is himself; so, when recreating his own A.T. Field to have a physical body again, he ended up creating a Field to push away what he hated about himself. But it is still a part of him, and he thusly can't fully reject it. If one were to compare it to the Hedgehog's Dilemma, it would be more like sticking your heart in a hedgehog-shaped iron maiden, then sticking it in your chest.
12/17/2016 c17 Guest
Hi I have just recently gone through this fic but I must say it is so far the best eva fanfic I've ever readed and I look forward to your next update.
12/16/2016 c17 Guest
The day you update is the greatest day of my life.
11/30/2016 c2 Sword Theory
"Pants down" he he greatest line in fanfiction
501 « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 .. Last Next »