for There Could Be Few Men

10/23/2012 c4 32bkwrmnlvnit
Oh man...I'm rereading Inkspell right now and SPOILER ALERT! Dustfinger just died... It makes me so bummed out, but you did a great job with this chapter. I really loved how you did this with Basta and Dustfinger, and then this last moment with Roxane. Bravo! Thanks for posting,

Bookworm
10/23/2012 c3 bkwrmnlvnit
Poor Dustfinger... He's always been my favorite. Great job with Basta, it seemed really realistic. Bravo on that! Reading on...

Bookworm
10/23/2012 c2 bkwrmnlvnit
Wah wah wah...Good chapter! I really liked how you brought in Basta, and I think you've captured Dustfinger perfectly. I'm reading on now to see what happens next, though I'm a little worried, since I sorta know. Run for the hills, Dustfinger, and take Roxane with you...
1/20/2012 c4 9Goldencity
Awww. The ending was absolutely perfect! Beautiful. I love how Dustfinger made his promise to always return to Roxane. I never really thought about him making his promise to her after he got his face slashed, but it definitely fits in perfectly. I loved this line:

It was a rare occasion for Dustfinger's face to be readable at all, but as Roxane looked at him now she could see his every thought and emotion – weariness, relief, and love.

The whole story was awesome; it was wonderful to read. Thank you for writing it!
1/20/2012 c3 Goldencity
I read this chapter last night, but didn't have time to review. So I shall do so now.

The part where Basta slashed Dustfinger's face was beautifully written. The whole chapter was awesome. :) I really loved the line:

Of all the people in the world, he could think of no one that he loathed more than men who misused fire. Fire was gentle, and he knew it did not like hurting people.

That just really seems like something Dustfinger would think. :)

I loved the meeting between Dustfinger and Basta, and then the fairies were great. Can't wait to read the last chapter!
1/19/2012 c2 Goldencity
Well, chapter two was as great as the chapter one, and I don't really know what to say other than I loved it. I don't have any favorite lines from this chapter; it was all good. I'm off to read more now! :)
1/19/2012 c1 Goldencity
Wonderful first chapter! I've been wanting to read this story for a while, but I've been busy with other stuff. But now, at last, I am reading it. And so far I love it. I especially love the dialogue. My favorite lines in this chapter are:

The fire eater looked up and his eyes met Roxane's, but he never missed a single torch. He smiled at her, but his smile was different than all the others. It was mysterious and full of secrets.

And:

"But," he went on, "fire does not sing. It may whisper secrets and murmur dark words, but it does not sing. Fire can be a lonely companion and it is not nearly as beautiful as a dancing minstrel. What is your name?"

I'm looking forward to reading the rest of it. :D
5/5/2011 c4 9Shinigami117
This is the best version of this story I've ever read! Very well done!
11/25/2010 c4 Jasberry the Jym
This is very good! I love the emotion and I feel like you captured the characters personalities really well. The only flaw is that none of them could read in the story. Dustfinger did learn from Resa after being in our world, but not at the time that he met Roxane. And Roxane and Basta couldn't read at all. Aside from that, perfect. Very epic torture scene with Basta being such a cowardly jerk slicing up Dustfinger's face with his fire-raising buddies.
7/19/2010 c4 InkBlood13
Lovely!
7/19/2010 c2 InkBlood13
Wonderful!
7/19/2010 c1 InkBlood13
Amazing! Very detailed and amazing!
6/22/2010 c4 17Mad Mararuder Girl
Wow, I loved this. I've not read many InkHeart fanfiction, partly because I kept forgetting to look for it. But I'm glad i did. This was just amazing. I love Dustfinger, and this just showed how much he loved Roxane. :)
5/23/2010 c4 7rose-of-alabaster
Aw. I loved this! Poor poor Dustfinger.
3/15/2010 c4 wolfdog127