for If the Cap Fits

8/4/2013 c1 17peacelight24
Hmm...it seems to me that you misunderstand the bond between the two. Yes, Much has devoted his life to Robin's service, but that doesn't mean he resents it. He does so very willingly. And this service is born out of a very deep bond of friendship. Besides, taking into account the time period, it would be almost inconceivable for a servant to resent one of nobility. Or at least, it would be inconceivable to resent a noble who behaved with honor and nobility, as Robin does.

If I had had the idea, I probably would have made it so that the cap really did represent freedom, not slavery. Your style was very good though, which is pretty much the only reason I'm even leaving this review in the first place. Anyways, this is just one person's opinion, and you're free to disregard it.

Peace Out
10/13/2012 c1 16ILoveVampireDiaries
Wow...just wow, amazing work!

Robin and Much's friendship is one of the amazing things about the show!

Well done! :)
9/22/2009 c1 7Marjatta
I have to second bostonchickadee's comments. It is a very moving backstory for the cap, and as much as I like my idea of Robin, it is fully realistic. When Robin pulled the cap from Much head in the final scenes, well, that was one of the best parts of the show. I rather expect the writers weren't the ones who thought of that.
9/7/2009 c1 bostonchickadee
Brilliant story. You've done a fantastically convincing job of explaining that hideous cap. Even more believable since Much did not wear it during his brief stint as Lord of Bonchurch. Makes Robin's final gesture of removing it that much more poignant.

A few minor quibbles if you don't mind - there are a number of typos in here that jerked me out of your otherwise fluid writing. For instance "man's statue" instead of "man's stature", "the guests was" instead of "guests were" and the use of "too" instead of "to". Also this

"Mary and Mary exchanged looks" should probably be "Mary and Much etc..".

Other than that, I really enjoyed this and after what we saw of Malcolm on the show, I can believe him doing something autocratic and unfair like this. Thanks for writing such an excellent Much backstory - they are few and far between.
9/4/2009 c1 9hippie-girl 31
Aww. This was so moving. My heart really broke for Much from beginning to end. Robin was just as oblivious to Much's needs and suffering in childhood as he usually was on the show. This was a very sad and touching piece. Much really *is* free now...I just hope he finds some happiness. He deserves it.

And lucky you, getting to see Sam Troughton perform. He's an amazingly talented actor and I bet he was even better in person. This fic was a wonderful tribute to a character he breathed so much life into. Nice job.
9/4/2009 c1 2HighPriestessOfTheDreamWorld
This was really lovely.

So much insight into Much's relationship with Robin. I found Robin's jealousy particularly interesting.

This was a very nice look at Much and his motivations. Great job.