for Childhood Oaths

11/1/2020 c1 1Shadow of the Dark Flames
Interesting...
Dark, but at the same time, it makes a kind of twisted sense.
If Barty Crouch Junior can force a contract on someone else with a spell, why WOULDN'T a childhood oath take?
5/5/2020 c1 15tyrannicpuppy
This was a thing of true beauty. I adore it to bits. Lmao. Perfection.
9/17/2019 c1 HeartsGlow
Luna Lovegood was born Feb 13, 1981. Ginny was born August 11, 1981. So if Luna is eight and Ginny is a half away from her next birthday, she is seven and a half, not SIX and 1/2. Yes, I'm nitpicking, lol
6/18/2019 c1 Guest
This could be really good fanfic, how the three come together before and after. And how it's dealt with what happend harry would be stricken.
Sure dumbles just keep telling that yourself, instead of stopping the books of harry how that even came to pass?
2/9/2019 c1 17EdTheBeast
Interesting surmise. Would be even better if Harry said I do, I take my wives & all thousand girls & three boys became his wives.
2/6/2018 c1 harripotterette
Awesome funny story.
11/19/2017 c1 2Nihatclodra
Damn, that was fucking dark...
10/14/2017 c1 ironhair
wow, that's disturbing...
12/26/2016 c1 50apAidan
I've always enjoyed this one and am not certain why I never reviewed it.

On the last omake, I've always wondered why it didn't take the 'as long as Fred and/or George don't die, nothing happens' route since the oath didn't mention when we was going to kill them.

In fact it could be a catalyst for a more academically inclined Ron if he was determined to recreate the Philosopher's Stone. His brothers don't have to live forever, they simply have to outlive him.

Hope you come back to updating, soon.

ap Aidan
8/28/2016 c1 ExceleKurokami
Well, guess Molly either forgot about her daughter swearing that oath or she was so struck by the wedding that she forgot her daughter was going to snuff it when Harry kissed his wives, without her being one of them.

This is probably the only time the 'Greater Good' has ever made sense to me. Most of the time, it is self-serving, but it was to save a thousand lives this time. The omakes also explain why Ron was so hellbent on being Harry's friend, and why he kept going back after making an even bigger ass of himself.

I so don't want to know who those boys were that swore they'd marry Harry... I'll just imagine that one was Draco, since I think it would be funny for him to utter those words and then die when Harry married a 'mudblood' and a 'blood-traitor.'
4/14/2016 c1 Guest
I don't think all the girls should die just because Harry marries. He might marry a third wife, or in two hundred years one of his wives might die any he might marry again, so the marriage it still possible. Even if he doesn't want to marry, they are still willing, so the magic should be satisfied.

On the other hand, it would be a problem if one of the girls decide to marry someone else. That would invalidate their willingness to marry Harry, and therefor the oath.

As for the Dumbledore omake, we all know that Dumbledore's plan is for Harry to die, it is the only explanation that makes sense (unless he is evil or stupid). Now while it is still possible to marry him later after he is married, it is not possible to marry him later if he is dead.

As for Ron, he didn't specify a time limit. The worst to happen is that at some time his magic would consider the oath broken. He has nothing to gain by declaring the oath broken immediately.
12/7/2015 c1 Obsif
I'm not sure I can see this interpretation as valid. It is theoretically possible that Hermione and Luna could die, and Harry takes another wife, meaning that it could be someone who swore to marry him.
7/22/2015 c1 Cassius E. Whistlewood
Interesting. Very interesting, indeed. Even though I think that it was a bit too extreme. While I can write here for hours to no end about all magic, including Oaths and Vows, being based on intent, I won't. Like I said, interesting.
4/5/2015 c1 2DylanL
while this story was mostly sad, i found the image of luna covering herself in honey to be hilarious and something she should try again with harry and hermione as they with become the 'animals' that want to 'eat' her and im sure they would all enjoy it. it was a good story, and i liked some of the back stories. it was nice of you to kill the ones you talked about, when they were happy.
2/20/2015 c1 jon reeve
And Hagrid.

That boy was always emotional.

–Dumbledore's Fear of Children's Games–

I like when people are honest about Dumbles(read bashing), but I also like it when he has an arguably valid reason like this.

"It isn't your fault, Arthur,"

Based on what he just said: it is his fault, dummy.
76 Page 1 2 3 4 .. Last Next »