for Zodia Opal

2/9/2010 c1 1OBSERVER01
interesting fic.keep it up
1/28/2010 c1 1gaara king of the sand
hi i've read your story and lest say you did good this is the first crossover story i've read that makes good sis so i tell you what i'll read your story if you make over 50 or more chaptrs resn is i hat short story's and i'll review on ever chapter then and i'll even give you a apple ^_^ so once your next chaptr is up i'll read only if you'll do this i'm soor you can if your as good as it sothod becouse i sol no flow in the story and now tell my next message bye
12/10/2009 c1 1Ryu Vision
so whens the next chapter comin.. not bad and keep up the gd work!

Ryu_Vision
9/21/2009 c1 2Vilkath
Intersting start, pretty good for the most part and it at least avoided some the flaws I felt alot of the DBZ fics have. First off Ranma is both a Saiyan in male form and female, so no push to constantly make him stay female to 'stay in power' like some try to do. Ranma did not go to the tendo's and thus hopefuly avoiding most of Ranma canon being exactly the same, a major problem in alot of cross overs where they have a really AU start then basicaly act like nothing happend.

I am some what concerned with the Zodia character, she seems a bit to assertive, and controlling over Ranma. Stranger just comes out of no where and pushes Ranma around like she's his mother and he instantly obeys. Also durring the flash backs Ranma felt all bad about her death.. but totaly ignored the varoius inhumane crimes she did like wiping out entire planets. Comming from a Ranma in that point of time been taught his whole life to defend the weak and avoid killing people in general no matter what it seems like a huge crime to simply ignore.

Zodia response to Ranma's life a bit cliche as well, standard 'ooh so angry at bad bad Genma'. Totaly ignoring the fact Saiyan ship their babies off to random planets to destroy or die if their power level is to low. Anything below the Nekoken I would say Saiayns are worse to their children, at least before most them came to earth.

Over all not a bad attempt but I would like to see Zodia's role in things lessen, perhaps get her moved onto the next dimension or what ever after trains Ranma in the basics. Because honestly the 'all knowing, all wise, Mary Sue' Voice in ranma's head will get old pretty fast.
9/16/2009 c1 22Skye Silverwing
Okay, Usually, I consider mixing Ranma with DB, DBZ, or DBGT a cardinal sin, but I will give this one a pass based on the fact that it is a full AU, dodging Nerima completely. It is not that the two worlds can't be mixed, but that Ranma can hardly say he is the best when someone can just point to the nearest Saiyan as proof to the contrary. If you keep Ranma distanced from the Nerimans, (with the possible exception of beating the heck out of them) but use those that are involved with him already (Ukyo and Ryoga) and find an excuse to bring in the Amazons (I am thinking the Great Saiyaman accidentally beat Shampoo), you might have a fun little fic here. I will keep an eye on it.
9/14/2009 c1 16Maric
I'm with you my friend. I'm tired of reviewers bad mouthing non-Ranma/Akane and Ranma/other fiancee stories just because they're not in the 'canon' line.

Well here's one thing that I know of the Ranma series. Sure Ranma confessed that he loved Akane but that was because he thought she died at Jusenkyo during the Phoenix saga. And if I remember correctly the series ended with still unresolved issues. Akane never did figured out that Ryoga is P-Chan. The Kuno kids still don't know that Ranma and the Pig-tailed girl are the same person. Cologne and Mousse never did learned what really happen when Ranma 'defeated' Shampoo when he was in his male form. And the fiancees still haven't settled their differences.

For all know, the series is still unfinished.
9/13/2009 c1 26Ozzallos
Jury is still out on this one. On one hand, it has potential, assuming you develop the Ranma/Zodia relationship in some meaningful way (and that doesn't have to be romance) or otherwise begin to merge the pair, this could turn out to be an interesting fic.

On the other hand, it has all the hallmarks of being one huge bucket of suck, as it effectively separates Ranma from his core universe from day one and begins to wander into AU territory... neither of which is a sin, but both are inherently hard to work with and still produce an interesting fic. Likewise, I'm forced to recognize that there are actually very few good Ranma/DBZ fics out there, so I can't help but to wonder if this will be the exception to the rule.

Here's hoping.
9/13/2009 c1 10Foxsoul
This is some good stuff. I can't wait to see where you go with this.
9/13/2009 c1 1Qminster
it's an interesting concept. but with the telepathic communication it's beginning to sound like a mary sue situation with Zodai being the mary sue. good luck and I look forward to seeing how this develops.
9/13/2009 c1 19Spaceman
Cool Story. Hope you write more soon.

A have a couple of Ideas

That pool offers a solution for Saiyan mates (Bulma+Chichi) and there children's mates. Saiyans don't seem to age past maturity, but Spring of the Drowned Female Saiyan could extend there life spans.

If Ranma was killed by BadGuy and both him and Zodia ended up doing the Spirit World training deal, then it's possible when they use the Dragonballs to wish back those that died at BadGuy's hands, they could both be restored.

In the lastest DBZ (Kai) movie, Vegita has a peaceful little brother.I can imagine a scene with Zodia asking Vegita about him.
9/13/2009 c1 Goldwings
Well the story looks good so far, but one observation

Ages of characters:

Trunks - 30 years old

Gohan - 38 years old

Videl - 38 years old

ChiChi - 50 years old

Goku - 50 years old (looks 13)

'Hercule' Satan - 52 years old

Bulma - 55 years old

Vegeta - 57 years old

Zodia - 78 years old (looks 24)

Assuming The familial relationships are the same as in cannon then Gohan was born when his parents were 12 yrs old.
9/13/2009 c1 2Vixen2
Just wanted to say in response to your little rant at the end of the chapter as long as you don't do what some author's do and make Akane a horrible, vindictive, violent, maniac who hates men etc etc etc I personally have no problems with a different pairing for Ranma, I do however reserve have resrvations abotu Zodia but that's an author's choice and it might work well depending on whether she's an advisor/friend or a possesing spirit changing his reactions/feelings etc.

A for inheriting the Saiyan temper I do want to point out that the Son family or trunks weren't that bad unless really, really pushed.
9/12/2009 c1 Requiem the Relentless
I do have a bit of a problem on where this is going.

1. I think you have the saiyan's pegged wrong. I would think that at the very least, the boulder-pushing would seem reasonable to them. They are a warrior culture after all, a saiyan kid, if exposed to Ranma's training conditions (nekoken notwithstanding, as it is too unusual for a saiyan to contemplate), would not only survive but thrive, as saiyans have regeneration tanks and they get stronger after healing.

2. Let's face it, Ranma would have more problems with being a woman then a super-strong alien. Long-term he would begin to despise his condition, but at first he'd probably get stoked. Ranma's percieved distaste of quick powerups probably came more from personal experiences then any inherent dislike. Besides, Jusenkyo can turn you into much worse freaks of nature then a normal person with a monkey tail. One that can be removed even.

3. As such, Ranma leaving Genma, and more importantly being so smart about it, is off. He would beat Genma up, and leave him unconcious, thus allowing Genma to interfere much sooner in the story. Genma is a very wily and skilled martial artist, some people forget that this is the man who INVENTED two very potent schools of martial arts. You have to be pretty good to be able to pull that off. And furthermore, Ranma is not very bright.

4. Things are too easy for Ranma. Mainly, the whole 'ghost in his head explaining everything about his new body' thing. You missed out on a great deal of dramatic tension that could be wrought by Ranma turning Oozaru and not remembering it.

I had another point or two, but they were much less objective then I tried to make the previous ones.

To summarize: There is no apparent conflict in the story right now. While it is only a beginning, it doesn't eliminate the problem.
9/12/2009 c1 8Dumbledork
Interesting start. I think there's only one other Ranma/DBGT fic out there.
44 « Prev Page 1 .. 3