FanFiction.Net
for Scar tissue

5/18/2018 c1 mystified111
Forgot to mention that I really liked the conversation between ash n delia,how she n misty were trying to make him understand that he shouldn’t think of himself so negatively and he is different from his father,I liked misty’s way of trying to make him understand all I think it’s still a long way for ash to go,to fully recover himself from all the trauma but atleast he started,an ending starting with a new beginning in his and misty’s life,aww so sweet :)..and it’s really nice to see delia starting to move on too :)..she deserves a happy life with someone who will love and respect and care for her and someone who can be a good and doting father to ash.
5/18/2018 c6 mystified111
One of the best fanfics I have ever read..painful yet beautiful..felt so so bad for ash :(..He gave himself so much pain for no fault of his..felt bad for delia too!..nobody deserves such a horrible fate :/..she went through hell but it’s so beautiful to see her loving and caring for her son so much even if he was born out of anguish and torment afflicted upon her :(..loved the relationship between ash n misty..they are still so young in this story yet their love seems so mature and true..loved the way misty cared and looked out for ash..aww she loves him so damn much 3..even in the anime ;)..glad that ash finally started to come out of the nightmare which he experienced,with the help of misty and his friends,he has got such adorable and lovable friends in his life who are ready to do anything for him..though felt really bad when ash was self mutilating himself :(..poor soul blamed himself for nothing:(..he is such an amazing and sweet boy so it’s so painful to see him blaming and hurting himself like that :(..but well all is well that ends well..I really applaud you for writing such a beautiful story with a bold n mature concept :)
6/25/2009 c6 51Aiselne Phoenix Nocturnus
(Overall Review) First of all, I adored “Chikoenvy,” and it remains one of my favorite stories. Naturally, I had high hopes for this sequel. Interestingly enough, you managed to take elements from the prequel and take them to much more mature heights. This sequel is almost nothing like its original, and almost stands alone by itself (minus a few ties to “Chikoenvy”).

I was surprised at how much darker this sequel was, compared to its prequel’s roots. True, this is not the first story I’ve read regarding Ash being an illegitimate child. However, this IS one of the better fics I’ve read under that formula. The raw emotion in this story is superb, especially in the first couple of chapters. I genuinely felt for Ash and the way you wrote the particular scenes of self-mutilation kept me on the edge of my seat. The mature levels you took Ash and Misty’s relationship were also superb, and I’m always drawn to the scene where Ash declines when Misty “offers” herself to him to prove a point. Very thoughtful, very in character, and very beautiful. The “family” elements between Ash and Delia were terrific, too. Plus, I have to admit I found the Gary/Sabrina relationship was a surprising treat for an unusual pairing.

I’ll admit; I COULD see the influence Llyxius’ “Circumstances of One’s Birth” had on this story. However, you wrote the story well enough to differentiate it from that fic. Come the ending, it’s clear this story stands alone. Actually, my only gripe with this story concerns the occasional POV commentaries characters make. I know “Chikoenvy” used the same style, but for some reason, this installment’s POVs irked me. I think it was because the speakers change so many times; not one or two set characters say the POVs, and I found it hard to tell who was talking sometimes. Upon re-reading the scene, I definitely identified the character, but it occasionally got head-scratching the first time through. It’s a shame, because the said scenes are well written, but forcing the reader to constantly wonder deters from the beauty of this fic. Perhaps make the speaker’s identity more obvious in the beginning of the POV, or make ALL the POVs from the same person (though that would probably prevent us from unearthing more than one person’s inner thoughts, wouldn’t it?).

Regardless of my issues, this IS a great story, and certainly a surprising treat for a fellow “Chikoenvy” fan like me. I’m an avid lover of dark stories under this caliber, and glad to see a talented author like you was behind it. Well done!
9/29/2008 c6 5Ambezua
Wonderful... Pure brilliance! If I could write like you, I would consider myself blessed.

The only issues I had were a few typos, and a bit of confusion as you changed POV. Other than that, it was a masterpiece. Easily 9/10, GREAT JOB!
12/23/2003 c6 4Melchior the Mewthree
Back again! I'm really running out of stuff to say...
Odin: Just tell 'im "it was good! write more!"
I'LL HANG MYSELF BEFORE THAT HAPPENS!
Odin: I'll get the rope ready. **walks off**
You can be a real ass sometimes.
Well, one thing I'd like to pinpoint are the formatting errors. You can't really read anything, and it really gets on the nerves.
Besides that, the quality is still there. I hope my fics can be this good someday.
Odin: **from a distance** Dream on!
Goddammit, Odin! You can be worse than Sol!
-Melchior-
3/1/2003 c6 Numb -lazy 2 log in
Oh well, that was great. Ash being a masochist, an intersting plot. What else can I ask for? The only thing I noticed and disgusted me was the fact that you made Gary and Sabrina the 'I know all the answers and I'm ever so smart', while you let Misty in a stupid, impulsive and brainless position, full of mistaken actions and little thinking.
12/2/2002 c6 DJ
Pretty awesome fanfic altogether! Keep it up!
10/18/2002 c6 29Rebecca Cage
I just added this fic to my favorites. It was extremely hard to find. I looked for it for over a month before I found it tonight.
7/25/2002 c1 Bozzer
Absolutely terrible! and thats putting it mildly.
5/29/2002 c6 Master Garo Shirikuso
Hey!

I saw your name in one of the reviews for Poke Actor's Lecture Fic! You sounded like one of those Authors who wanted to take the concept of Pokemon, and deepen it. Darken it. You've done a very good job. Great combination of First-Person, Adventure, Action, Darkness, and LOTS of Drama. You have a good style of writing. Good luck, and may success follow you always, because it STILL hasn't yet found me!
5/29/2002 c6 Master Garo Shirikuso
Hey!

5/12/2002 c6 25Dragoness
Heee...Hee...Hee...*blinks* That was odd. The heehee stuff. The fic wasn't entirely odd. *^_~*;; ahh welll...Hmmm...Review review...Gwah...I canna thinka nuthin' man...*sweatdrops* Okay, gotta think..Hmmmm...I dunno! Bwah. It was a very interesting read. Very very interesting...Much blood and ash-pain. Very fun...Er...You know what I mean. Bwah. Um. I can't think of anything, I really can't...Uhm...Yeah I'll stop before I make a fool out of myself, even though I probably already did...Well, at least let me assure you that it was quite a good read. Hee...Tat's all *^_^*;;
5/11/2002 c3 Dragoness
I don't know if I'll be able to get to the other chapters tonight, so I'm gonna review here for now...Lemme see...um...Geez louise. Ummm...(did I just say that? oh well) Uh...Hey look it's tomorrow! Eheh...heh...I know you keep saying this is influenced by Llyxius's fic but all that angst seemed very OH-esque if you ask me. or maybe it's just me. I dunno. *yawns* Wow, did I mention it's 12:00? :/ As in...midnight? Hmm...Yeah I think I'll stop for now. Save stuffs to read laters, ne? Oky, tat's all! *^_^*;
3/8/2002 c6 15Ly the werewolf
Holy crap! That was THE best angst AAMRN I've ever read. You're such a talented author!
3/8/2002 c5 Ly the werewolf