for Consolation Prize

11/10/2013 c19 Chloe
I know it's a long time to review, but just to let you know I have seriously enjoyed this story very much. It's rare to find a rose/cal fanfic. Also, the timing of this story is perfect, it isn't rushed and you've made an effective background for Cal and Rose. I really don't think you should rewrite this story, I think you should just carry on with it. I hope you will consider to carry on :D Please, this story has been amazing so far! Well done! :)
I hope Cal and Rose develop feelings for eachother! :O

-Chloe
8/10/2013 c19 Altirra
I'm already want to write story of my own :) Your story inspired me :)
8/8/2013 c19 Altirra
It's so great!
When I saw "Titanic" for the first time at age of 14 I was so sad. I cried during whole night! I thought about Rose, that she could had a baby. Jack's baby. And it would be great. And in your AU it comes true! Thank you!
7/28/2013 c1 Guest
Guest:
The main reason why I've wanted to rewrite this story for years is exactly because of what you said in your first review - a lot of people have told me that I developed the storyline well but that there isn't enough motion toward an actual romance and i agree, so I always wanted to write in more reciprocity for Rose. Still in a slow way, just so that you get more of a sense that she won't just be resigning herself to Cal in the end.
7/27/2013 c19 Guest
I just want to let you know that it's not true that people have forgotten this story. I definitely haven't forgotten it! I have it bookmarked and check in on it from time to time, as I consider it one of the best, if not THE best Titanic story on this site. You give such a perspective to Cal's character that hardly any other writers ever do. The best Titanic story on this site cannot be a failure. The rewrites are fine with me!
7/26/2013 c19 Bobbi Baltzer
Wow! I liked all of the story, so far! And it was written when you were...18? I don't see it as melodrama, but as a well developed story with believable realistic descriptions built in.
I have always had two ideas' about this (Cameron's) Titanic Story:
(1.) The REAL "Love Story" was Cal and Rose, not Jack and Rose. Cal and Rose already had a history, and it was
Cal's attention that she was always trying to get...as when she was going to (NOT!) jump off the back of the ship
(2.) She went back to Cal and her mother shortly after the rescue, when she was initially hiding from them. I always felt that she married Cal ( her married name became "Calvert" (?) too much of a coincidence!? She lied all through her life, or at least, for some reason, kept the truth hidden!

Good Job! Keep going!
7/24/2013 c1 Guest
Guest:
I honestly don't think I COULD advance the story without rewriting it to structure it as something that can move forward. I'm probably not going to because it's too much work at this point and it's been so long that a lot of people have forgotten about it.

Again, the rewrite thing was an experiment, and obviously not a successful one because people want new material and I can't give CPR to this story and get it breathing again now that it's been in rigor mortis for so long.

Dizzynetbookgirl
7/23/2013 c19 Guest
No offense, but I really feel like it's just, at this point, a waste of time for me to keep checking to see if this fic will ever be finished/updated. :( Shame as it's a really good fic, but we waited about two years for an update and instead of that we got a re-write of the 1st chapter, instead of new material. IDK, it kind of makes me mad that that happened. And even if by a miracle this does get finished ever, I still am a little leery because of your saying Cal and Rose are STILL going to be stuck at their dead end of never apparently, what with the "slow, frustrating convergence." Some actual romance would be awesome soon, or something happening soon, like how about the birth of that baby finally, or maybe it's stillborn? A love scene? Something, but I know the chances for this being finished is very slim, like lots of other fics I like on here. I'm sorry if I came across as rude, but it's just sort of frustrating as a reader.
7/13/2013 c1 1Cecelia Dowdy
So, the postman is going to help her?
7/3/2013 c19 CreativecherryPrincess
i really liked your interpretation and look forward to reading more. :) can't wait to read more
6/27/2013 c1 chandlergrace
Please, please, PLLLLLEASSE, finish this story! It's one of the few that I've found I truly enjoy on Ffn. :)
6/25/2013 c19 Night250
I like it but its a bit dark.
6/24/2013 c1 10HarryPotterGrl100
Hi again. :) I am glad that you updated again in so long. But-and I really, really hope I don't come across as rude by saying this-in all honesty, I do actually prefer the old chapter one more. I'm really sorry for saying that; i feel bad. I still did like the new one, though..the headlines were a nice/cool touch. :) But from just my opinion, I think the version on here is perfect as is. :) It's already perfect, at least to me, but hey, it's your story and it's what you want to do with it. But I do hope you post newer chapters as well, soon, with some budding romance and such. ;)

I hope I didn't hurt your feelings by liking the old chapter better though. I LOVE Cal/Rose, as I told you in my first review, and there are so few fics on here with them, excluding my own. Your fic, even though you may think it's bad, totally is way better than any of mine will ever be lol, so don't be so hard on yourself. I hope to see more soon! :)
6/23/2013 c19 1karidee123
I know its late to review. This thing said 19 chapters but why does it go back to Chapter 1? Oh well its a brilliant story. I really am starting to bite my nails. I hope Cal lets Rose deliver that baby. And i am just wondering his reaction. And is there going to be anything life astounding coming up?

Please continue this. Its really really really good.
6/22/2013 c19 Dane13
Glad that your back! I'm really excited for your updates and rewrites. Can't wait to read it :)
194 « Prev Page 1 .. 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 .. Last Next »