for Mixed Tape

10/27/2009 c4 13makealist
I would complain that I have this song stuck in my head now, but it replaced "Prince Ali" from Aladdin (totally random, haven't heard that/seen that in AGES), so I'm OK with it.

"bimonthly peace, love, and alcohol bashes" THESE SOUND LIKE FUN.

“Jesus, finally,” Miles let out an exasperated sigh

LOL IRL! That's too funny.

This was a sweet scene. Dharmatimes were probably a lot of fun.

These are so fun, and I look forward to more! Have fun with football, Halloween, etc.!
10/27/2009 c4 79KaydenceRei
LOL.

I'm gonna have the image of this scene stuck in my head for a long time. It makes me giggle profusely.
10/26/2009 c4 Aurora1020
This song has been stuck in my head all day since I saw this story this morning! Loved the dialogue, the inner monologues, all of it - the whole thing was wonderful! Thanks so much for such great writing :)
10/26/2009 c4 20teh-Sara
Oh, I loved this! You did a great job on the dialogue as well. :) Ah, FlashFoward. Do me a favor and write me some fics over there. :)
10/26/2009 c4 9Jaqs
Just about to leave the house and I'm going to have The Joker stuck in my head all day now, but that's ok - I forgive you for writing such an awesome (and amusing) chapter! x
10/21/2009 c3 47kab16
this was the cutest thing ever. . it explains there relationship perfectly. and i can't seem to say this enough, your writing is beautiful. i really loved this chapter.

and thanks for the dedication! yes, chem tests are rather horrible. i did pretty good actually,i'm more worried about the global essay i just did!

haha, discussing tests just reminded me that when i 1st started destination reached i mentioned that i had 2 exams left and Jennay wished me luck on them and then i started feeling badly because i never thanked her for it but then i remembered that you're jennay so i'll just thank you now :D

Thank you!

update soon, i'm really loving this :)
10/19/2009 c3 eyeon
Another excellent song choice and a wonderfully sweet story to go with it! This kind of 'happy' sad is o.k. by me (just not the 'sad' sad).

Thanks! I wish there were more than 10 songs...
10/19/2009 c3 Aurora1020
I thought this chapter was so beautiful! I could totally have seen this happen. Great job :)
10/19/2009 c3 20teh-Sara
Aw. Omg this one made me sque! Fangirl!Sara was about to break out and munch some hearts...or something like that. I LOVED this one. My fave so far. :)
10/19/2009 c3 13makealist
Yay! An update just like you said there would be. So, this about sums up for me why these two "made sense." I was definitely one of those "Juliet & Sawyer? NO WAY! This is gonna be awful!" people when this season began. But I guess this bit you've written states perfectly and clearly why it Just. Makes. Sense. Like this:

"She knows that he understands—probably more than she realizes."

Yes, of course. Gah! So simple and so perfect. Way to just boil the whole thing down.

And it reminds me of another song! How do you do that? This is "Feels Like Home" by Randy Newman. A sample:

Something in your eyes, makes me want to lose myself,

Makes me want to lose myself, in your arms.

There's something in your voice, makes my heart beat fast.

Hope this feeling lasts, the rest of my life.

If you knew how lonely my life has been,

And how low I've felt so long.

If you knew how I wanted someone to come along,

And change my life the way you've done.

Feels like home to me, feels like home to me,

Feels like I'm on my way back where I come from

So, If you update more, I'll try not to spit back lyrics to other songs at you next time.
10/19/2009 c3 79KaydenceRei
Oh my.. cha cha cha..

This had me all happy hunky dory all through to the end because that's how cute it was. I just love how she wasn't sure exactly what to say to him, but she went with how she honestly felt!

ho'snap. Just oh-so-abso-freakin-lutely adorable.
10/18/2009 c2 13makealist
This story totally brought to mind the song "One Day You Will." I know the Martina McBride version b/c I'm a country music fan. And I know your song was totally different, but still . . . I've always loved the song, but your story is even better. FYI, the chorus goes like this:

"You say that you can take or leave me

You think right now that you don't need me

Some way, somehow young heart believe me

One day you will"

Which is just so poignant about your story. Especially since we know where it's heading with these two. Like here:

“Just go. I don’t need you. I ain’t ever needed nobody,” he muttered and continued to knock back the beer he had just opened. Maybe if he said it enough times, it would come true.

“Keep telling yourself that, James,”

AW.

I liked the "Juliet as doctor" metaphor (or simile. Whatever). Very appropriate.

O. Thursday night football! Hope your side won. Florida State comes up here for Thurs. night football this week. Can't wait!
10/18/2009 c1 makealist
"It has to be perfect, usage and all,"

Well, it WAS! Yay you!

This was my favorite bit: "Those lips, which now form a soft line across her slackened features, have learned—through him—the true meaning of joy, of contentment. He yearns for the corners to turn upright, to reveal the smile that was once such a rarity."

And really, every other part was great, too. And just now I was going back and thinking I'd paste in some of the other bits I particularly liked, and was like "Oh. That part. And that one, and that one . . ." And realized that my review would just be a repeat of your story. So, I'll stop at the above paste, which is my FAVORITE bit.
10/15/2009 c2 47kab16
your writing is most definitely not horrible. its amazing. i loved this so much. You have captured them both perfectly.

sigh, now i have a chem test tomorrow, and i should be studying, i know nothing. but i'd rather be reading your awesome work instead.

update whenever you can :)
10/15/2009 c2 20teh-Sara
Great chapter! I really, REALLY liked this one.
22 Page 1 2 Next »