for Dark Veela

11/3/2009 c15 12excessivelyperky
If Severus is jealous of Harry Potter over Hermione, even though irrationally, he may as well purchase the ring now-it will look much better on Hermione's finger than through his nose .

M...magical shoes that automatically fit...mmnm...where did you say those stores were?
11/3/2009 c14 excessivelyperky
Lovely picnic, and even lovelier machinations. I don't blame Hermione for paying more attentions to Slytherins right now (though her reaction to Lucius at first was perfectly reasonable). The Malfoys need a token Muggleborn to help them out; Severus needs a wife who can match him intellectually; and Hermione needs more friends than Harry, who is likely soon to be buried by Weasleys, and Luna, who is probably leaving Britain with her father.

One also hopes that Snape can help Hermione deal with her parents, too-that was a truly awful thing to do to them. The Grangers were quite capable of leaving for Australia on their own with no memories being erased.

Oh-and whatever happened to the Dursleys? Now they've lost their home and Vernon his job...
11/3/2009 c5 lucyferr
I loved the press conference, and liked the way Ron was frozen out of it. If he complains, they should say, "Would you have liked us to tell the world how you walked out on us?"

Not sure if placing Luna there was entirely fair though, as it kinda equates her with Harry and Hermione even if she's meant to be a representative of the rest of the Hogwarts students.

The developing Hermione-Luna is brilliant. It usually is when it's done right, i.e. they're willing to meet each other. I liked this: Hermione looked sceptical, but she accepted that she was far too rational in general. With a thoughtful frown Hermione finally said, ‘Perhaps when we come back to finish our final year in September, you’ll tell me all about it.’

This was the most profound line of the chapter: That the Pureblood witches and wizards were so gullible as to be taken in by a half-blood maniac clearly shows their desperation in the face of continuing Muggle-born innovation and change within the magical community.’

I suppose therefore that very few papers will pick it up.

PS: West Africa is a bloody large place. One main newspaper for the multitude of tribes there? Hm - odd. I presume Wagadoogoo refers to Ouagadougou.

What Severus Snape did that night was merely follow orders, just as I had done. Will you arrest me for murdering Dumbledore by making him drink poison?

Few writers bother pointing out this parallel - well done.

Hope Ron is dispensed of soon enough.

One thing that I thought was missing was Hermione and HArry forcing Rita to admit that she made up lies about them dating and Hermione playing with Harry's heart.
11/3/2009 c13 excessivelyperky
Hail to Narcissa and the Placecards of Doom! Serves Ron right for traipsing off with Lav-Lav.

And Narcissa is quite right. Besides, Severus would be bored without three arguments a day.
11/3/2009 c12 excessivelyperky
I do hope something can be done to dispel or at least alleviate such Dark Magic-refusing to acknowledge it is possibly the worst alternative of all (ok, actually glorying in it is probably worse; Bella seemed to enjoy it so much). Is there Light magic that the Weasleys (and the rest) can do, such as healing and gardening, perhaps?

And...it would be nice to know what happened to the missing Slytherins.
11/3/2009 c11 excessivelyperky
Splendid riposte by Snape when Molly, Ginny and Ron started working on Hermione's reputation. One has to wonder in Molly's case if she didn't catch some kind of infection by killing Bella. Ron does have the excuse of wearing the locket (and what a brilliant idea _that_ was, NOT), and Ginny...she was nearly a Horcrux herself, and didn't receive enough help clearing it out of her system.

But still...here's hoping that all of the parties affected (including Snape) do what can be done to counter the effects of so much Dark Magic.
11/3/2009 c4 lucyferr
Harry/Luna? Hm. I'd certainly have no objections. Not that they should get together just because we suddenly discover that they're not immature/loony, but...

I liked Niggy.
11/3/2009 c10 excessivelyperky
Besides, mused Severus, if I could spend twenty years pretending to agree with murderers and sycophants, I can easily spend the next however many months and years acquiring a brand new reputation and find myself a willing wife. I am after all a consummate actor; I could pretend to turn over a new leaf, project a new personality, claiming the old, much harsher me was a result of my role as spy and counter-spy as well as the enormous strain I had to constantly live under.

-Ha! And he'll have the rest of the Wizarding World eating out of his hand, too. Hermione Granger is already nibbling just a smidge at the lovely tea place. I greatly appreciate the background to the purebloods, too.
11/3/2009 c3 lucyferr
Poor Sev doesn't even get a choice of returning to life... talk about mothers (and other assorted ancestors) making decisions for you!
11/3/2009 c9 excessivelyperky
Oops-there's trouble with the Weasley family, that's for sure. Ron and Ginny and Molly are egging each other on to do something really, really stupid, and I'm looking forward to seeing what it is. I'm just glad that nobody's looking at Percy in the 'why was it YOU that lived?' way.
11/3/2009 c2 lucyferr
What an awful curse!
11/3/2009 c8 excessivelyperky
Excellent story so far. I love how you have Harry and Hermione seeing the light (though the Weasleys have been left out, especially Ron, and that will come to bite them later). I adore how you saved Snape and helped him decide to actually live a life.

One question-what happened to the group that included Millicent Bulstrode and Pansy Parkinson (and some first year Slytherins no older than eleven) who were thrown out of the school right before the battle? Did any of them survive? Are any of them coming back to the school, and how many of them are orphans now, because their parents fought on the wrong side? Snape will be interested in their welfare, too.
11/3/2009 c1 lucyferr
I can see it now. Unlike their charming cousins, the Dark Veela repels everyone. In order to find true love, the Dark Veela must find that one special someone immune to their anti-charm.'

Oh hell - this is amazing! What an idea! If persever0 and Therese contribute nothing more to their influence on world literature, their lives will still be meaningful for sparking this one idea.

Glad Sev realizes Lily was shallow and Dumbles a user.
11/3/2009 c15 brandon279
i am glad that you decided to post the story here.

it is so lovely.