for What Is This Thing Called Love?

2/1 c11 DragonIris
Wow. This chapter is inspired. It reminds me of a scene in a retelling of the Psyche/Eros Greek myth but of course, it wasn’t this graphic. That was literally decades ago when I was in grade school and it’s still one of the most innocently erotic scenes I’ve ever read. This chapter reminds me of it — how the maiden is seduced without even seeing her lover. This scene has the decided benefit of also being effing hot. Very well done.
2/1 c8 DragonIris
I wondered why this fic is in my faves folder, yet I couldn’t remember what it was about. After reading this chapter, I think I stopped here because of the frankly incorrect criticism o";. I truly don’t understand the need to make Lily Potter into some selfish, vindictive bitch who manipulated Severus and to have this coming from McGonagall is too much! Lily and Severus were best friends. He fell in love (or obsessive infatuation) with her, but her feelings for him didn’t change. She couldn’t have forced herself into falling in love with him if she wanted to. More importantly, she wasn’t a bad person because she didn’t share his feelings beyond friendship. Lily doesn’t deserve to be disparaged because she didn’t fall in love with Severus, nor because she fell in love with his childhood nemesis. (James Potter was definitely a bastard to Snape until he finally grew up in his 6th year. I wish Rowland had included a scene of him apologizing to Snape even though I’m sure Severus wouldn’t have accepted it.)

Despite popular opinion among Sevmione shippers, Lily didn’t end their friendship because he called her a Mudblood, she did it because he believed she was one. By calling her a Mudblood, even in the heat of embarrassment, it proved he had started to buy into the Death Eaters’ rhetoric, even if he didn’t realize it. He was just willing to overlook it because he was infatuated with her. Of course she ended her friendship with him! It was the only ethical and intelligent thing to do because no type of bigotry is acceptable, especially the type that is against you!
6/23/2021 c4 SeverusAndHermioneFan
I'm glad you didn't give Hermione's virginity to Ron. He was not yet worthy and not compatible with her in canon. The only wizard equal to her in canon was Severus, and I'm sure he will appreciate her the way she deserves it without taking anything for granted.
12/25/2020 c8 Guest
Oh, so smart and honest Hermione is just happy that she's been manipulated? And smooth manipulating Snape who was bragging for to chapters how successfully he is seducing his student suddenly forgot about it and is surprised she's got feelings? And he didn't even care enough to ask her to give him space, he had to be cruel with her?
Ok, now I'm done.
But plenty of other people love this sort of thing, it's just not my cup of tea.
12/25/2020 c7 Jennifer C
All this sudden smirking and blushing seems a bit over the top. The fact that it's a planned seduction on his part that does't have anything with his feelings for her makes it feel dirty, and not in a good way. He is playing with her feelings and he doesn't even know for sure that it is her in the prophesy.
Also, McGonagall sees what's happening. If she saw that Snape is acting on it, she should have told Hermione what she told Snape. McGonagall from the books was always very direct and honest, she wouldn't have left her in the dark.
And imagine Hermione finding out that Snape started his ruse just because of the prophesy, not because he loved or even liked her, but being forced to stay with him because of the prophecy. Or if at some point it turned out that it's not her in the prophecy?
I'll try another chapter but these inconsistencies and all the manipulation make me want to stop reading.
12/24/2020 c6 Guest
Oh come on! Why did you have to make him behave like a pervert and her to behave like an idiot?! She's not 13, and he might not be a nice man, but he is an honourable one. It would be one thing for him to slowly come to terms with the prophecy, and quite another when you make it look like he's a bastard that decided to seduce a schoolgirl just because it is easy. And I was just starting to enjoy this...
12/23/2020 c4 Guest
I hope there is some horrible curse on the boy that will be lifted at some point, otherwise no amount of prsd explains the level of ooc-ness.
But otherwise I enjoyed the beginning and I am looking forward to enjoying this book.
12/22/2020 c2 Guest
I like the beginning, it has potential, so I want to see where it leads. Nice to have Snape resolving his conflict with other teachers rather then resent them for doing exactly what they were supposed to be doing.
The one thing that worries me is Hermione being presented as overly knowledgable. She is smart and does have good memory, but we also know that she studied hard for her exams, she might have studied more than most, but theoretical reading is not the same as practice, there are things teachers always teach on top of textbooks, and if she knew everything already, she would have spent studying something rather then repeat the old information time and time again. Basically, she doesn't need to be a super-girl to be smart and hardworking, that's a bit overselling it.
1/23/2020 c5 Dicome
I love it so much
10/10/2019 c18 Guest
I'm tired of waiting for Sev to go get poor, abandoned Crookshanks. Hurry up, Sev.
10/9/2019 c8 Guest
Fun
10/9/2019 c5 Guest
:D Great start so far!
7/20/2019 c26 Guest
Alexander Severus Snape... A.S.S lol
7/19/2019 c11 Jelenybeany
Do you have this story posted anywhere else?
7/19/2019 c5 Jelenybeany
I enjoy the story so far, but the prophecy didn't indicate anything about the lion at all. Jumping to the conclusion that it's Hermione is preposterous.
1,137 Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »