for The Lion's Prey

4/18/2012 c1 Jen
This fits the scene so well. great job.
1/7/2012 c1 19KellanCougar
My fave ep and one of Gale's finest moments. The realisation that Justin tops, and that we, as the voyeur viewer, also realise that he most likely ONLY bottoms for Brian is quite overwhelming.

No wonder Brian's mind cant begin to process it.

LOVED IT.
6/26/2011 c1 26Jackie Mag
That is TOTALLY what he was thinking. Great job.
6/17/2011 c1 11soul1essharpy
The way Gale played this scene was EPIC! Very accurate account of the emotions Brian went through in this scene! Great Job!
1/20/2011 c1 1save the sharks
Ohh... That was what I thought Brain was thinking during that episode. Thanks for putting it in writing for us.
11/9/2010 c1 Shelbypf
Amazing :) That is literally one of my favorite scenes :D
11/7/2010 c1 20laffertyluver23
I'm addicted to QAF even though the show has been gone for awhile. The Justin/Brian dynamic was so complex and they fit together better than they should have been able to, and you captured them perfectly
5/11/2010 c1 14i am a bee
haha I loooooved this! This is one of my favourite episodes.

I like the way you write but I did notice a couple of minor things:

-"I refuse to allow him or anyone else to see how proud of him I am. How much his dancing turned you on and made you want to rip him off the stage and carry him out of there like a neanderthal." There's a little POV switch here, from first-person, to second- and then back again in the subsequent paragraphs.

-there are a few comma problems (eg in "a fair skinned, blue eyed, blond, twink" the last comma should be omitted)

I loved this: "I stare on in disbelief, unable to grasp what's happening. I'm losing not only a trick to a twink, but I'm losing my twink to a trick. I can almost hear the theme from Twilight Zone." and I absolutely ADORED this: "All the while, as I'm walking across the dance floor my mind is literally kicking and screaming inside my skull trying desperately to get me to turn around, to walk away from him – not toward him – to weave my way through the crowd and into the backroom, to fuck as many hot guys as I can to prove to him and every other fag in Pittsburgh that Justin Taylor and his actions tonight or any other night mean absolutely nothing to me, but instead I continue on in search of him. The magnetic pull that's always drawn us together as taken hold of me and is doing what it's always done – making sure that we're together."

You do an absolutely fantastic job of writing Brian. I hope to see more QAF from you soon but, if I don't, I may have to read some Twilight (shudder) just because you are such a fantastic writer :)
4/29/2010 c1 suns and stars
oh poor brian
1/26/2010 c1 turtlegirl92201
I'm not usually into gapfillers (I generally like a longer read) but I thought this was really good.

I always thought that, although he would never admit it, this was a turning point in how Brian saw Justin. That he came to see Justin as more of an equal...not just some young blond bottom-boy. After all, if he can steal a trick from the "great-god Kinney" then he must be something special.

I love how you've made Brian envious of Sean. You gotta know that even a big-bad top like Brian had to be imagining himself in the bottom position. I always wished the producers would have had Justin top Brian more as I think it would have added a more realistic balance to their relationship. Oh well, it is what it is...

Anyways...thanks for the entertaining read!
1/6/2010 c1 5CloudForTifa
I'm insanely nitpicky, so I just had to add that Justin is 18 at the time of this episode (he mentions in 1.14 - I think - that he turns 18 "tomorrow"), but anyways...

This is a really good fic. Very accurate and in-character. Brian is quite possessive of Justin ;P. Good job!
11/8/2009 c1 15Liittle-B
Hey ! I warn you now, I'm a french teenage girl so I'm sorry if my english is not very good...

I just wanted to tell you that I loved your story !

I became a fan of QaF this summer and I bought the DVD, and I watched this episode yesterday. So, when I saw the summary I couldn't resist to read the story and I'm not disappointed. I really liked to see this scene from Brian POV because you wrote very well and Brian's thoughts were great because it was so him ...

In brief, (and to stop the english language massacre) I just took a huge pleasure reading Lion's Prey so thank you !

Bye !

(When I'll have time I'll come back to read your Twilight's stories because I'm also a fan of this saga ! )
11/5/2009 c1 48naelany
*sighs* I know the guy's a dick...but I feel bad for him all the same. Nicely done, bb. I've missed your writing *hugs*
11/5/2009 c1 overzealousbunny
Dammit why aren't you on my authors alerts *rectifies this* I pre read and i dont get a note that you POSTED! LOVED IT! You seriously captured the boys perfectly Donna. I could HEAR Brian and Justin in my head, i could see the scene and I haven't watched that season.. or any in FAR too long.

If you did more... well you know i'd read it!

Hope this relights the writing flame for you bb when your all better!
11/5/2009 c1 clairdeluneisgreat
I hope your feeling better. I've missed your stories.

I loved this. I just recently watched the whole QAF series and became a huge fan. (better late then never heh?) *sighs* the end of QAF was a huge f*cking fail, but this story was definatly a win ;-) thanks for sharing.
16 Page 1 2 Next »